Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Chelsea have an extrodinary nerve asking for 80mil given the state they're in.
Chelsea are a mess and will make it even worse by pricing out players they don't want out of moves.

Fair enough they've spent big big money and need to recoup, but they absolutely cannot expect clubs to pay top dollar for talent they don't even want.

It'll surely backfire and ultimately lead to players seeing out their contracts and creating a toxic atmosphere when they're not in the team.

Either way, I'll enjoy the show. Poch has no chance.

Gordon S

Alternatives like?
It is of course hard to find like for like alternatives to Rice, he is a very good, hard working B2B midfielder that runs all day. But if we could settle for a midfielder that could help us win the midfield battle i would say there are options out there. Joao Palinha perhaps? Works hard, strong as an ox. Wins the ball back all over the pitch for Fulham. Not going to be cheap either but hopefully cheaper than Rice.
Ibrahim Sangare´ seems to be a strong as an ox as well, good defensive overall, from the little i have seen.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It is of course hard to find like for like alternatives to Rice, he is a very good, hard working B2B midfielder that runs all day. But if we could settle for a midfielder that could help us win the midfield battle i would say there are options out there. Joao Palinha perhaps? Works hard, strong as an ox. Wins the ball back all over the pitch for Fulham. Not going to be cheap either but hopefully cheaper than Rice.
Ibrahim Sangare´ seems to be a strong as an ox as well, good defensive overall, from the little i have seen.
PSG bound I believe.

peridigm

If we sign a CB, Harry is gone. ETH clearly rates Victor higher and will try to keep him over Harry as backup. Question is whether Victor would be happy as 4th choice, most likely not.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think Rice is more difficult because he said he wants to stay in London.

Caicedo is more realistic but don't think we'll sign either.
Logical conclusion if we ignore that his party has spoken to Bayern and United already, who aren’t in London

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I don't know where Il Mattino ranks on tier list
Il Mattino are terrible. They're Tier 4 on the Caf list only by virtue of them not just being focused on football. Otherwise, they may as well be banned in here.

Also, mufcMPB's banned on the Caf.

kirk buttercup

And you think we will have free run at him?
No I don't. But I think the Rice and Kane situations smell of us being bent over by Spurs and West ham . Rice is a decent player but surely we can go after someone who we don't have to pay ridiculously over the odds for. I think we would have an easier time signing Caicedo rather than Rice but like all transfer for United nothing is ever easy. I'm 100% positive there are players out there that could fit our team without spending a colossal amount of money but that's what we are supposed to have scouts for.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
A lot of newspaper nonsense going around from papers. ETH would have known by now how much is available and what is doable this summer, even with new owners it won’t be altered much.
Unless these guys think he or the club don’t have a plan and making it up as we go. I take his word for it when ETH says it’s a process. Adult men these journalists and reporting like apprentices at recognised papers.
I’ve come to the conclusion when I listen to ETH speak and read papers his words carry different meanings. So I’ll stick with what he says and block out the interpretations. They try to give meaning to his words or report it in captions whilst ignoring the nuances involved when talking to someone whose first language is not English. Most of time the things he says have no deeper meaning and should be taken at face value.

If they choose to feed our muppetry just give us the speculations and we’d still be excited but stop dragging our manager through the mud to give it some credence.

Mr Smith

Imagine having to compete with other top clubs for top players...
Why should we shy away from buying quality players?
Because, as some of you seem to have forgotten, we have limited funds and FFP restrictions this summer. We need to be smart, and entering a budding war with two other PL clubs + Bayern for a player who's already overvalued is not that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Because, as some of you seem to have forgotten, we have limited funds and FFP restrictions this summer. We need to be smart, and entering a budding war with two other PL clubs + Bayern for a player who's already overvalued is not that.
Okay, so maybe just shop in bargain bins or the championship because we should just abandon pursuit of any quality players unless only we are interested.

Can you name a few players that could improve us, available and cost less?

Mr Smith

Okay, so maybe just shop in bargain bins or the championship because we should just abandon pursuit of any quality players unless only we are interested.

Can you name a few players that could improve us, available and cost less?
That's not what I said and you know it. I'm saying we should prioritise high quality players in positions where there is a greater need (eg striker) and avoid players who's prices are inflated compared to what could be found elsewhere.

Moses Caceido is the obvious alternative who is of the same level, but Lavia and Ugarte, while not as proven, are great cut-price alternatives, especially when we're talking about a position where we are looking for a long-term cover/replacement rather than an immediate first-team need.

Cantona in disguise

We won't be limited too badly with a few sales though. So while needing to be smart if quality is available then united should be attempting to get the player in.

Mr Smith

We won't be limited too badly with a few sales though. So while needing to be smart if quality is available then united should be attempting to get the player in.
I don't disagree, but is Declan Rice really the type of quality we want to prioritise? I think he's good, but I strongly feel we can get at least comparable quality for much better value.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wouldn't be surprised if something is close to being sorted today and tomorrow. Seems like we're intent in getting this wrapped up asap.

Cantona in disguise

I don't disagree, but is Declan Rice really the type of quality we want to prioritise? I think he's good, but I strongly feel we can get at least comparable quality for much better value.
I agree he's a 60 million player with English and united tax unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.