Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwilDor

Even if it was true, which it ain’t; No, not selling him to fu**in’ Spurs. Not selling him in England at all tbh. A very good offer abroad (talking 80+), i’d consider. But i’m one of few it seems who has not given him up yet.

Red Rash

Something something we don’t sell to rivals blah blah..:nervous:
As much as this could be a great way to try and pry Kane from Levy's sweaty hands, I can't help but think we should give Sancho one more season. He is still young and I'm convinced there is a very good player there if we can find a way to unlock him.

Nero

It's a free for all in regards to sources now on here, regardless of the rules. Has been for a while.

Ted Lasso

It's a free for all in regards to sources now on here, regardless of the rules. Has been for a while.
It was folly to begin with to think you could screen Twitter successfully for very long. It's a cesspit.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Balls to rivalries, I'd sell that loser to anyone for £50m
Great offer that. We'd actually make a profit for FFP, given he's been here for 2 years out 5-year (initial) contract, so we've amortised 40% of the £73m, which means we'll make a small book profit of £6m and get rid of a huge wage packet.

We should offer Maguire for 20m as part of that transaction and hit 2 birds with one spud.

But we've still got the Glazers in charge and potentially Ratcliffe coming in, so I'm not optimistic.

EDIT: FFS, it's the Daily Star, might as well ask the neighbourhood hat.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Something something we don’t sell to rivals blah blah..:nervous:
Not even Spurs could be this stupid, but Sancho may do better at a smaller club where the stresses are less. He doesn't seem to have the mentality for United.

Fts 74

As much as this could be a great way to try and pry Kane from Levy's sweaty hands, I can't help but think we should give Sancho one more season. He is still young and I'm convinced there is a very good player there if we can find a way to unlock him.
I agree, definitely a player in there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm surprised at how seriously people are taking this Sancho to Spurs rumour. There's a reason no one else has reported on it after the Daily Star ran the "exclusive".

croadyman

I'm surprised at how seriously people are taking this Sancho to Spurs rumour. There's a reason no one else has reported on it after the Daily Star ran the "exclusive".
Yeah absolute comic of a newspaper,you would get more sense out of Beano/Dandy

lysglimt

Scout
If the article said that Spurs wanted to take him on loan for a £3 million loan fee (while United pay half his wages) and an option to buy - then I would have believed it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yes such a crap source. But it could work out for all parties. We get 50 mil, Sancho would need to take a pay cut though. But under Poch and at a no pressure club such as Spurs Sancho could do well. Spurs would remind him of Dortmund.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yes such a crap source. But it could work out for all parties. We get 50 mil, Sancho would need to take a pay cut though. But under Poch and at a no pressure club such as Spurs Sancho could do well. Spurs would remind him of Dortmund.
Is Poch short for Postecoglou?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This story and the Pickford one have been the madness by the media so far . I think there’s more in their locker though.
Pickford comes from a fairly reliable source.

Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko) is quite reliable as far as I'm aware.

I think there are better goalkeeping options out there than Pickford but I do think he'd represent a significant upgrade on De Gea. If he really would be available at £30 million, I think that'd be quite a reasonable price tag as well.

Erik the Red

If he would come to help make up the home grown numbers it wouldn't be such a bad idea. The problem is, I can't imagine he would be prepared to come and sit on our bench as he would lose his England place. Overall, I would be more comfortable bringing in Costa and keeping DDG as back up.

RU Devil

Doubt Kane is going anywhere really. If anything he will evaluate his options in January. The idea of being so close to Shearer's record only to piss it off in the last 2-3 years would be too much for him.

As far as our club goes I think we had 2 MAIN priorities: CF and GK. Based on that we have 2 scenarios for this transfer window:

Scenario A: Sign Kane and spend most of the transfer budget on him. Also sign a back up GK to compete with DDG in the mould of Raya or the Andrelecht goalie. Also sign what ever other reinforcements are needed.(CM and CB most likely)

Scenario B: Sign a back up striker instead(Hojlund), bring back No. 11 to lessen the goalscoaring burden. Sign a top GK instead. Reinforce the squad with a CM and CB.
Looking at how persistent the Costa links are I imagine we are going with scenario B.

Also No. 11 mouthpiece's in the Sun suggested that ETH would like to see him back in the set up, but the decision is made at the board level right now. Considering that no decision has been made so far, I imagine they are monitoring the transfer window and see how it goes. Based on that they will decide if they keep him or send him out on loan.
Definitely could see B happening a long with the other possibility hinted at. Proven scorer and keeps everything within budget. Wonder if someone is going on the US trip.

Lee565

It will be interesting to see how proactive we are this summer compared to other big 6 clubs and top European sides, are we going to be last in line again or will we get our act together as quickly as our rivals?

McTerminator

On a serious note, £100m for Sancho and Maguire buys you Oshimen without touching the war chest.

That would be sensational business.

NLunited

On a serious note, £100m for Sancho and Maguire buys you Oshimen without touching the war chest.

That would be sensational business.
You call that serious? Who on earth is going to pay 50 million for Maguire?

It is more likely they both stay because no one will match their wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.