Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

• Rafael Leao likes the president's project at Barca, but it is complicated because AC Milan wants to renew his contract.
  • Xavi has assumed the sale of DeJong

The original Tweet got deleted. Was it from Helena Condis herself?
Just a heads up: Alex Crook/Talksport is a Tier 4 source from the non-United list.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It’s going to be disgusting watching pool and city feed Nunez and Haaland while we hope Ronaldo can roll back the years with wingers who could be described as inconsistent at best.
Don't forget we'll have sulky Martial back too :drool:

I personally cannot wait for next season!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
£10m? Feck off, he has a year left on his contract just like Mane, and if Mane is only getting bids of £20-30m then this guy isn't worth more than the wheelchair he comes with.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes, bud.

She is now retweeting this...

COPE wants the engagements over Helena Condis. :lol:

Anyways, as Reshad said earlier, this is a massive, massive scoop and shows how much of a good chance we have of signing him. Yeah, other clubs now have as good a chance, too, but we've done more than most of them at this point.

Infra-red

It’s going to be disgusting watching pool and city feed Nunez and Haaland while we hope Ronaldo can roll back the years with wingers who could be described as inconsistent at best.
I don't think wee need worry ourselves too much about what City & Liverpool are doing at the moment.

Our main rivals next season will likely be Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Leicester and maybe Newcastle. We need to clear the deadwood and put a team together that is capable of competing for third/fourth place.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Pedro Sepúlveda also reports that Darwin Núñez will earn €6m per year (~£98.6/week) at Liverpool if he accepts their contract.

Josep Dowling

Pedro Sepúlveda also reports that Darwin Núñez will earn €6m per year (~£98.6/week) at Liverpool if he accepts their contract.
Said before if we don’t get him at least make Liverpool pay way over the odds.

bazza3727

Manchester United are considering the possibility of monitoring the situation of offering Garnacho a contract renewal. Sources claim that United have offered Juventus (an interested party) the sum of 80m + 20 in bonuses to not make an approach for the player.
Hopefully nothing too crazy. Keep his feet on the ground and keep him working as hard as he has been. I feel like he still has a really long way to go. We’ve been too quick to over promote youth when the first team is stuttering.
Surely a breakout season would mean he's played a fair number of first team games - which this lad hasn't yet. You can certainly rely on the media to start getting carried away!

Dante

Average bang
It would be likely Arnold/Murtough talking to the agent rather than EtH, surely? Also, Ten Hag is still on holiday as far as I'm aware.

sparx99

Not sure what to make of this, I voted 'get rid' in the other thread. He obviously has his limitations and is far from world class player (nor he will ever be) but Ole made him play through his injuries, so injury-free and motivated Rashford under a proper coach (big question mark) might actually come good.
I think it’s one that falls into the category of bigger problems to worry about right now. We have a contract to 2024 so if he rediscovers his form then great and if not he can sold next summer.

sparx99

It would be likely Arnold/Murtough talking to the agent rather than EtH, surely? Also, Ten Hag is still on holiday as far as I'm aware.
The manager is going to explain how he sees the player fitting in to the team, his role, his development etc. That’s not necessarily Arnold or Murtough role.

Superden

surely if your a 100million pound player then your worth more than 100k/week in wages?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Last time we went head to head with Liverpool over a transfer, we beat them to Memphis and they signed Firmino instead.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Stop buying players who dont want to play for us ffs.
The only reason he's choosing Liverpool over both us and Newcastle is because they can offer the CL. I think United are meeting with Mendes in order to convince Núñez that we will get back to the top real soon.

C3Pique

The portuguese press are full of shite either way. Probably end up signing for Lille or someone random.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sport Witness exclusive:
When did they become a source? I suppose eventually its inevitable you'll end up interacting with the odd person close to clubs as you grow, but it's an interesting one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The portuguese press are full of shite either way. Probably end up signing for Lille or someone random.
Most of the Portuguese press are bad, but a couple of their journalists/outlets are much better about reporting the news. The usual candidates (A Bola, O Jogo, Record), though, are wild with their speculation for the most part.
When did they become a source? I suppose eventually its inevitable you'll end up interacting with the odd person close to clubs as you grow, but it's an interesting one.
Both Naveen Ullal and Lucas Sposito of Sport Witness have their sources that they use to either verify the news from other outlets/journalists or to deny it. They rarely have exclusives, though.

Suv666

Thank feck the Nunez reports are untrue. 80 mil for him would have been insane

Kaushal

Wont be insane when he’s pressing like mad like he’s been there for years and hitting 15 league goals in his first season for them.
That won’t make much of a difference then. You are trying to make an argument for him but even you don’t believe in him that much it seems. 100m and 15 goals ? That’s it ? And mention of pressing :lol:. Every one does that in their team you know. What’s so special about him pressing therefore ?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That won’t make much of a difference then. You are trying to make an argument for him but even you don’t believe in him that much it seems. 100m and 15 goals ? That’s it ? And mention of pressing :lol:. Every one does that in their team you know. What’s so special about him pressing therefore ?
He’s aggressive, built for the league, someone to bring others into play and Liverpool who’ve recruited best out of any club in the country from a value perspective clearly want him. He’s instantly a massive upgrade on Bobby F. There aren’t many true #9s who can do what he does. They’ve also clearly already started planning for the post Salah Mane years and any time they’ve splashed the cash recently they’ve got it bang on apart from Keita. They are being run really well lately. Bet if they win another CL and he stays there for his best years it’ll look like a very decent transfer over the next 10 years. 15 league goals is more than everyone else in our team combined if you take away Ronaldo and Bruno. It’s a lot. Not many strikers are posting consistently huge numbers in this league anymore and as I said that’s for his first season. Who knows how prolific he’ll end up being. I can see him pinning and bullying the likes of Maguire Lindelof and Varane for years to come.

Suv666

He’s aggressive, built for the league, someone to bring others into play and Liverpool who’ve recruited best out of any club in the country from a value perspective clearly want him. He’s instantly a massive upgrade on Bobby F. There aren’t many true #9s who can do what he does. They’ve also clearly already started planning for the post Salah Mane years and any time they’ve splashed the cash recently they’ve got it bang on apart from Keita. They are being run really well lately. Bet if they win another CL and he stays there for his best years it’ll look like a very decent transfer over the next 10 years. 15 league goals is more than everyone else in our team combined if you take away Ronaldo and Bruno. It’s a lot. Not many strikers are posting consistently huge numbers in this league anymore and as I said that’s for his first season. Who knows how prolific he’ll end up being. I can see him pinning and bullying the likes of Maguire Lindelof and Varane for years to come.
A wall of text over someone having one good season in Benfica. Its hard to justify paying 80 for someone from Bundesliga or Ligue One, forget Portugal.
And you've probably never seen him play as well.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully we are not stupid enough to pay anything over 60M for him. Liverpool is willing to pay 80? let him go. He hasnt convinced me and I think he can be a huge dissapointment in the premier league. Liverpool replacing Mane with Nuñez and spending 50-70M on top of that? sounds great

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think that's debatable. They've done outstanding business, for the most part, but so have Brighton. Liverpool have quite a few duds during this successful transfer period too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A bunch of Tweets from various aggregators were posted in the Frenkie de Jong thread. They're all coming from these sources:

Source: Marca (M. Carmen Torres)
  • Torres reminds us of the offer that Luis Rojo disclosed yesterday (€60m + €20m).
  • Barcelona don't expect any other team to make such an offer for De Jong (i.e. they aren't expecting bids from the other interested teams).

Mundo Deportivo reported something similar whilst denying that an offer came in from Manchester United (much of this has been corroborated by Helena Condis).
Frenkie is losing weight in the planning of the next squad, he is no longer a priority but transferable because he needs to leave to bring in others. But Xavi is clear that if he leaves, he wants another 'top' in the middle. And the one he wants the most is Bernardo (Mendes is bringing him, isn't he?)
Despite repeating pretty much everything that Helena Condis reported, Fernando Polo also reports that Barcelona have yet to receive an offer for Frenkie de Jong from any interested team (Manchester United, Manchester City, PSG, and Bayern Munich). Also:
  • Frenkie de Jong's agent, Ali Dursun, will go to Barcelona to determine De Jong's future.
  • De Jong reluctantly accepts that he will have to leave the club though he won't be happy about it.
  • Xavi will only allow De Jong to leave if a good-enough replacement is lined up. This is where Bernardo Silva comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.