Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

His agent seems determined to get him out of United, that's both Chelsea and Bayern who are confirmed to have had talks with Mendes in the past week.

If he doesn't want to be here let him go

Idxomer

Will that striker score 24 goals in a season with very little supply from the rest of the team, we need Ronaldo to stay one more season and take Time to find a genuine great number 9. Ten months ago we had too many options with Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial and Rashford, everyone got carried away and expected a title charge, the reality with the PL changing back to 3 subs from 5 subs was that we had too many players in the striker positions to keep happy. Sancho, Lingard, Ellanga gave us 8 options for 3 spaces with a maximum of 1 or 2 subs being used in attack, the third sub was always used to shore up our depleted midfield or defence.
The new manager is supposed to fix the supply problem and Ronaldo didn't exactly overperform last season in the goals department anyway. Yes, he scored some difficult chances but also missed a lot of them at a crucial period in the season. The new striker doesn't have to score 24 goals, the goals can come from everywhere if there's a cohesive system where every player contributes on both ends. A player like Sancho should be getting more goals next season, he had a good scoring record at Dortmund.

Matt851

Following the classic United method of negotiating e.g. pissing about for months before eventually paying what the selling club wanted in the first place. See maguire, awb

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Following the classic United method of negotiating e.g. pissing about for months before eventually paying what the selling club wanted in the first place. See maguire, awb
They wanted close to 100m euros at the start, we're paying closer to 80m euros if we go by what reports are saying.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I mean, it’s not what’s happened this time, or since that summer you’ve referenced (Bruno, Sancho, Varane, De Jong were all negotiated down) but hey, don’t let that stop you trying to dampen an exciting signing for a club you supposedly support

Ralph1386

They wanted close to 100m euros at the start, we're paying closer to 80m euros if we go by what reports are saying.
More reports were saying their ideal fee was 85-86m which is what they initially paid for him. 100m was just a smokescreen and negotiation tactics I think.

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter though, does it? 80m is a fair price for everybody.

OleGunnar20

80m seems fair, all things considered. Hope we get this over the line now.

With Ronaldo - Long term it absolutely makes sense to move on from him, and if he wants to leave its very temping to say go ahead. But will we replace him ? We'd need two strikers this window if he were to leave in my opinion, or be forced to rely on fecking .. Martial. That's a dreary thought.

DULLAGHAN

I don’t understand the logic that we will definitely drop points in the first few games if we don’t have new signings onboard
It's not a case that we definitely will, its my opinion that with last years squad and no additions we aren't good enough so will struggle to get wins.

Hopefully ten hag can raise the level of the current squad but that will take time. Players he wants and trusts to play his system are key, and getting them early is just basic common sense. Start the season with the strongest squad possible.

Our board has all year to plan for a transfer window, it is infuriating that they are never reeady and take weeks to do one deal.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's not a case that we definitely will, its my opinion that with last years squad and no additions we aren't good enough so will struggle to get wins.

Hopefully ten hag can raise the level of the current squad but that will take time. Players he wants and trusts to play his system are key, and getting them early is just basic common sense. Start the season with the strongest squad possible.

Our board has all year to plan for a transfer window, it is infuriating that they are never reeady and take weeks to do one deal.
Ok that’s your opinion but I personally don’t agree. Those players were not properly coached or managed for at least the last 6 months. Ralph and his MLS level coaches were a disaster.
Very few of them showed any personal progression in Oles latter time either.
I personally don’t buy into the narrative that they are all absolutely done/crap.
i think Ten Hag can and will get a tune out of them, which obviously will only be helped if he has some faces familiar with how he works

GJNJ

Ok that’s your opinion but I personally don’t agree. Those players were not properly coached or managed for at least the last 6 months. Ralph and his MLS level coaches were a disaster.
I personally don’t buy into the narrative that they are all absolutely done/crap.
i think Ten Hag can and will get a tune out of them, which obviously will only be helped if he has some faces familiar with how he works
What would the point be of sacking the old managers if a new manager is only capable of extracting exactly the same out of the players. This season is probably more about what he can get out of the current squad rather than the transfers we bring in.
I’m frustrated with the speed of getting new players in and would like them done asap but I fully acknowledge that’s my impatience rather than being a defining point of our season.

Red_toad

United know Barca need the deal agreed by Thursday. Fans getting upset about the time frame would then be complaining about over paying if we closed it sooner, United just can't win right now, the fan base is pretty toxic. The owners are not the club, seems a lot are happy to drag down the club to hurt the owners, who are sat back in the USA enjoying their dividends and not really giving a feck.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Agreed. There's mileage to be had from players like Sancho, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Bruno and possibly Rashford if ten Hag is the coach everyone who has worked with him says he is.

Ferguson and his coaches got huge contributions from players who I think would have looked awful under Ole, LVG, Jose and Ralf

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed. There's mileage to be had from players like Sancho, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Bruno and possibly Rashford if ten Hag is the coach everyone who has worked with him says he is.

Ferguson and his coaches got huge contributions from players who I think would have looked awful under Ole, LVG, Jose and Ralf
We will see a marked difference in these players once they start enjoying training again

Woziak

The new manager is supposed to fix the supply problem and Ronaldo didn't exactly overperform last season in the goals department anyway. Yes, he scored some difficult chances but also missed a lot of them at a crucial period in the season. The new striker doesn't have to score 24 goals, the goals can come from everywhere if there's a cohesive system where every player contributes on both ends. A player like Sancho should be getting more goals next season, he had a good scoring record at Dortmund.
Your missing the point I agree Ronaldo is not the mid term or long term solution but given a more creative team with Sancho, Rashford, Ellanga, *Antony, Bruno *F D Jong and wing backs higher up the pitch we might create double the opportunities and he might score 30 goals plus so we might scrape CL this season(I’m assuming that 22/23 season the EPL gets the 5th space for season 23/24 or win the Europa League) and next season be in a better position to recruit. We should be scoring goals from all over the team; The Defence should chip in with 10-15 goals, the midfield with 20-25, and the strikers with 65-75 goals accross all competitions, the 5 sub rule will allow more space in the later part of the game and more games will be won and lost from 70-95 minutes. Rashford, Sancho, Antony if we sign him and Ellanga all need double figures in all compete they should all be aiming for 10-15 goals and 10-15 assists. We need to score 80 goals in the PL to cement 4th place because that defence even improved will still concede 40 goals, without Ronaldo I just don’t see it !
Your right the whole squad should contribute but the players have not been targeted individually since sir Alex left.
For hypothetical reasons we keep
Ronaldo and have a good season, so here’s some goal targets for the whole squad ;
L Shaw(2), A Telles(2), R varanne(3), H Maguire(3), V Lindelof (2), D Dalot (2),
Total 14
MF- Fred (3), Mctominay (3), FDJ(4), J Garner(1), H Mejbri(1), DVB (3), Bruno (10)
Total 25
Strikers - Ellanga (7), Rashford (12), Rinaldo (25), Sancho (10), Anthony* (10)
Ganaucho (3), Others (3)
Target 70
Let’s see how this holds up next season if ETH is as good as I think he will produce a miracle and 80% of the squad will achieve their goal and assist targets the only one I’d put my mortgage on given no injuries is Ronaldo getting his 25 goals

mobmob

Or have I posted a shit source here? The @talksport isn't the source, or is it? :confused:
Bad source, but would be mega sad face! They normally get their info from other articles/journos but cant find anything else saying he has turned us down so maybe they do know something.....hopefully just another bullsh*t article from them! Hes kicking on a bit, but would love to have him at united, he is still a class act!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Bad source, but would be mega sad face! They normally get their info from other articles/journos but cant find anything else saying he has turned us down so maybe they do know something.....hopefully just another bullsh*t article from them! Hes kicking on a bit, but would love to have him at united, he is still a class act!
It's from old information.

Woziak

Or have I posted a shit source here? The @talksport isn't the source, or is it? :confused:
who cares the guy nearly died on a football pitch, he has the right to value his family even more, who are we to say Brentford are not better than United for him and his family I wish the guy the best and thank God if this is true that this is just another nail in the Glazier’s Coffin, they have made the club so toxic that a high profile player would rather earn half our wage and contract proposal to be happy in his football and family life. Rate the player but at best we would get 1 to 2 decent year, the club under Our management does not deserve Christian Eriksen

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
who cares the guy nearly died on a football pitch, he has the right to value his family even more, who are we to say Brentford are not better than United for him and his family I wish the guy the best and thank God if this is true that this is just another nail in the Glazier’s Coffin, they have made the club so toxic that a high profile player would rather earn half our wage and contract proposal to be happy in his football and family life. Rate the player but at best we would get 1 to 2 decent year, the club under Our management does not deserve Christian Eriksen
:lol: :houllier: yes this chap, Christian Eriksen not joining, would be another nail in the "Glaziers" coffin.

We've not even hit the peak of the self hate this summer I feel, its ramping up daily though.

Castia

Are we feck. We're in too deep now and put all our eggs in one basket.

The fan backlash and bad PR if this deal was to break down now after 4-5 weeks of negotiations would be hilarious.

M4YON

Every price quoted to United seems to start at €80m
Certainly feels that way.

I remember someone posting when the offer for Haller from Dortmund first broke saying that Ajax aren't going to want to lose so many first team players. I think we're starting to see that with this inflated price for Antony.

lysglimt

Scout
:lol: :houllier: yes this chap, Christian Eriksen not joining, would be another nail in the "Glaziers" coffin.

We've not even hit the peak of the self hate this summer I feel, its ramping up daily though.
No - it's not. When it comes to Christian Eriksen, he is a special case. He is 30 years old, he has almost died on the pitch - I assume trophies, wages and ambitions doesn't mean that much to him anymore.

AlexUTD

Feels alittle disrespectful towards United fans who have supported Ronaldo since day 1 and still gave him love when he was at Old Trafford as a Real or Juve player.

He said when he came back last year that Manchester United have always been in his heart, yeah can`t been that deep if he wants to leave the second we are fighting to get back into Champions League.

M4YON

Feels alittle disrespectful towards United fans who have supported Ronaldo since day 1 and still gave him love when he was at Old Trafford as a Real or Juve player.

He said when he came back last year that Manchester United have always been in his heart, yeah can`t been that deep if he wants to leave the second we are fighting to get back into Champions League.
As other have said I think it's more down to frustration and at our lack of ambition in the transfer market. I don't think he'd actually leave, he just wants to make the club act and with De Jong progressing, maybe he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.