g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
If Ronaldo goes then...we have Garnacho, Martial and Rashford as our striker options. We're not even linked to anyone else are we? (Aware there's plenty of time left)

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
If Ronaldo goes then...we have Garnacho, Martial and Rashford as our striker options. We're not even linked to anyone else are we? (Aware there's plenty of time left)
We were strongly linked to Nkunku when Rangnick was here, but that’s it in terms of strikers.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
We were strongly linked to Nkunku when Rangnick was here, but that’s it in terms of strikers.
He's signed a two year contract so he's off the table now.

What a bloody difference it makes not qualifying for the CL. Absolutely detrimental. Still, as I say, early days so let's see what happens.

Ted Lasso

Or this is Mendes\Ronaldo putting pressure on the club to spend some cash and bring players in
Bayern just came out and said this was completely fabricated. So for me your theory is the most sound. Maybe that or just standard destabilize/pick-on United tactics for clicks and attention that has worked well enough to give many an entire career in sports "journalism" the past three decades.

Ted Lasso

True.....just making the point that we were a better football team without him. Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood and Bruno all regressed this season because it was the Ronaldo show.
I don't think it's possible as a fan to determine that another players place in the team actively caused another to regress, particularly ones who don't play in the same position.

Bruno - not a striker. If a striker, Ronaldo or any other means he struggles then he's a terrible number 10.

Rashford - hasn't been a pure striker for years. He's a winger, even for England.

As for the strikers themselves:

Cavani - rarely fit. Always playing for Uruguay. No way you can say that was Ronaldo's fault.

Greenwood - you have to be joking, right? The only way you could blame Ronaldo is some sick and perverted joke about his own assault accusation.

Absolutely bonkers to me to be blaming Ronaldo. We had Lukaku and Martial as our main strikers for most of the last seven years. To have Ronaldo in their place and think we're worse off is incomprehensible to me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think it's possible as a fan to determine that another players place in the team actively caused another to regress, particularly ones who don't play in the same position.

Bruno - not a striker. If a striker, Ronaldo or any other means he struggles then he's a terrible number 10.

Rashford - hasn't been a pure striker for years. He's a winger, even for England.

As for the strikers themselves:

Cavani - rarely fit. Always playing for Uruguay. No way you can say that was Ronaldo's fault.

Greenwood - you have to be joking, right? The only way you could blame Ronaldo is some sick and perverted joke about his own assault accusation.

Absolutely bonkers to me to be blaming Ronaldo. We had Lukaku and Martial as our main strikers for most of the last seven years. To have Ronaldo in their place and think we're worse off is incomprehensible to me.
Some of the pundits agree though. You can't look past the name. Ronaldo is a superstar and the goat there's no denying it but since he came back the rest of them have all forgot how to play football. There is no chemistry at all.

Did you enjoy this season more than the previous one? I certainly didnt. We played far better football without him because everyone seemed happy and on board.

It was a blast from the past which sadly has set us back. As Carragher rightly pointed out we should have gone and signed a striker for the next 5-8 years not brought back a 37 year old.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Bleating on about how it would be a good thing for Ronaldo to leave United but then for him to go to Chelsea is just fecked up. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Ted Lasso

Some of the pundits agree though. You can't look past the name. Ronaldo is a superstar and the goat there's no denying it but since he came back the rest of them have all forgot how to play football. There is no chemistry at all.

Did you enjoy this season more than the previous one? I certainly didnt. We played far better football without him because everyone seemed happy and on board.

It was a blast from the past which sadly has set us back. As Carragher rightly pointed out we should have gone and signed a striker for the next 5-8 years not brought back a 37 year old.
And likewise some pundits don't. Which is always how it's going to be with a case like this.

I don't think we'll agree on this which is okay. I'm very much of the opinion that the players are spoiled and that they got away with awful performances and attitude since Woodward chose player power over the manager and club. If the players were so unhappy with Ronaldo that they let the manager down once again and got Ole sacked...I can't sympathize.

It's also standout to me that:
- our defense is awful
- our wingers can't beat their man and create chances
- our midfield is stale, easily out muscled and overwhelmed and can't create enough

You have a dozen other issues in the club to address before Ronaldo's style of play. His not pressing the backline or gk of the opposition enough is not our issue (he also does this plenty and tracks back better than quite a few). Funnily enough I saw one match live this season, and Ronaldo was the best player on the pitch and was chasing down much more than players 15 years his junior. Ronaldo''s been a bright light for me as a long time United fan, both from his quality and nostalgia as well as being of the few players to give a real sht about winning.

The noise around Ronaldo is just part of the squaling and downing tools that rotten eggs on our squad are used to getting away with. If any of these whiny pathetic excuses for professionals could score a hat trick out of nothing against spurs then maybe just maybe I'd care that they feel less special because a legend has returned to the club and taken the limelight away from them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Some of the quotes:

The full quotes:
We really liked Dylan last year, we’re still interested and talks are ongoing. He’s just got another year with Manchester United and he’s got a World Cup to aim for, to try and get into the Wales squad. Dylan is a player who fits into our system. He is well liked by all of the players and loved by the fans. So yes, we are still trying to see if we can do something there. Jack likes the player. When you bring a new manager in, you have to run the list of targets past him.

With Jack, I think we know we are on the right track with targets. When you see Levitt and the influence he had, especially in the second half of the season, he is a player we would like at Dundee United. But right now, he is a Manchester United player. We are speaking to them and they know our feelings. Dylan is a player we would like to have but it’s going to take United and ourselves to come to an agreement.

dr.twinny

Would've thought maybe one of either Celtic or Rangers would've taken a punt on him for next season but I'd definitely sell him to Dundee for a reasonable fee while his stock is still high. We can also slap on a sell-on clause for added measure.

Chicharo

If he goes we might as well say good bye to our season. Whom can we possibly sign to replace him? Maybe Lautaro, and that's it. All the other strikers who are anywhere near being good enough are not available
But I don't think Ronaldo will leave

Last edited:

Idxomer

If Ronaldo goes, we'll sign another striker who will offer much more in general play.

The problem is the club isn't ready for the fallout from him leaving after last season.

Jacob

I have no doubt Ronald's camp is spinning the Chelsea rumour. Another scare tactic to get us active on transfers.

therationalprophet

Honestly, it is borderline delusional to think that "Ronaldo is agitating for a move to push the United board for transfer". Ronaldo is a consummate professional, no doubt but he is looking for his own best interest. And rightly so.

48 hours

Would've thought maybe one of either Celtic or Rangers would've taken a punt on him for next season but I'd definitely sell him to Dundee for a reasonable fee while his stock is still high. We can also slap on a sell-on clause for added measure.
they have never spent more the £750k on a signing. Surely we should and could get more for him than that

Caesar2290

they have never spent more the £750k on a signing. Surely we should and could get more for him than that
Easily. I think he might be a good player with a ceiling for a midtable club in the PL. We should definitely sell him to a championship side. Or we can extend him for another 2 years on low wages, loan him out to the Championship and then do a Liverpool and sell him for 10 mil.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have no doubt Ronald's camp is spinning the Chelsea rumour. Another scare tactic to get us active on transfers.
It's pretty clear Mendes has indeed been offering him around. This is not a ploy to get us active.

sparx99

I just think Chelsea are following the natural Lukaku replacement model.

UTD_Since_1978

If Ronaldo goes, we'll sign another striker who will offer much more in general play.
Like who?

We are becoming Hope FC

Hope that ETH can perform miracles with this current crop of players
Hope that Martial, Elanga & Rashy will score more than 15 EPL goals between them all season
Hope that McFred will outplay at least one opponent's midfield (maybe Rotherham in the F A Cup 3rd round)
Hope that Maguire might just show us he is a half decent defender in some games next season but don't bank on it
Hope that Varane can go 3 matches without being injured for the next 10 games
Hope that Bruno can regain his form
Hope that they can finally wrestle FDJ from Barca & that he will make a difference to our midfield
Hope that Ronaldo stays
Hope that we do make signings this summer that will be regular starters
Hope that the Youth Cup Winners can do a "Class of 92" with Garnacho doing at 18 what Giggsy was doing at 18 on the pitch
Hope that we can get top 4 or failing that finish above WHU, Leicester & Arsenal

Woziak

As a die hard Man United Fan I would hate to see Ronnie go but let’s all be honest here , he came out and said he’ll stay to help united rebuild the club and 2 months later the morons who run the club have lost 5 major players from the squad without receiving a penny and have not signed anyone to replace them, talk is cheap.

Would It be wrong for thinking maybe if united finish 10th or worse, only then will our stock be so low that the club has to be sold to new owners. Sir Jim Radcliffe is perfect and unlike these bafoons will be hands on in the right way!

We as fans are not to blame for the Glaziers buying the club and saddling the club with £600m of debt or spending £1bn on disastrous transfers over the last decade but we can blame them and them alone for the inconsistent and awful appointments of club custodians. They are probably the worst owners in our history by their sheer hubris and arrogance and maybe Ronaldo actually leaving in the last week of the window ensuring the club will havin no recognised no 9 might finally teach these self centred idiots a lesson or too. United may sign players, let’s face it we normally do but by the time the transfer sagas are complete most of us will still feel empty as the new players start poorly, not being give. enough time to adjust to the club or the pace of the PL.

When they eventually leave and they will, their tenure will be remembered for one of the darkest chapters in our great club’s history.

Gordon S

Pretty sure Ronaldo stays for next season but honestly don’t think it’s a big miss for the team if he didn’t. I am sure we can find other ways to score goals.

Woziak

The problem is the club isn't ready for the fallout from him leaving after last season.
Will that striker score 24 goals in a season with very little supply from the rest of the team, we need Ronaldo to stay one more season and take Time to find a genuine great number 9. Ten months ago we had too many options with Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial and Rashford, everyone got carried away and expected a title charge, the reality with the PL changing back to 3 subs from 5 subs was that we had too many players in the striker positions to keep happy. Sancho, Lingard, Ellanga gave us 8 options for 3 spaces with a maximum of 1 or 2 subs being used in attack, the third sub was always used to shore up our depleted midfield or defence.

This caused most of the problems last season with locker room morale, the season before we had 6 to7 players for 3 spaces and the 5 sub rule meant Ole would use at least 2 of the other 3 with Daniel James being used more often than most.

This season there is a 5 sub rule again it’s why Teams like spurs and Arsenal, I’m not mentioning the other 3 in the top 6 as we are light years away from them are recruiting players like Jesus, Raphina, I Perisic, they are creating options to win tight games late in the match when teams tire.
United Current striker options;
Ronaldo (May Leave)
Martial (wants to leave)
Rashford
J Sancho
A Ellanga

So we need at least 1 maybe 3 if Ronaldo and Martial go! We can promote Ganaucho and maybe F Pellistri but one youth player is normally hard enough. Ronaldo leaves we are in all sorts of trouble and it couldn’t happen to nicer owners who think you can fix everything with cash, that’s not even theirs but borrowed against the club!

WPMUFC

can we get a clarification on "Talksport sources" tweets?

Talksport are rightly banned, but "Talksport Sources" are currently Tier 2 on the reddevils reddit due to their success rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.