Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
They are talking about Flamengo’s initial agreement. Nothing about another club.
Venê Casagrande mentioned that United rejected the loan extension because they claim to have an offer that exceeds the initially agreed release clause amount and, thus, the current Flamengo offer for 50% if the rights.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm wondering does the new kit launch have anything to do with the delay to any new player signings? i.e. the club want to announce new players in their shiny new kit because the sponsors are now missing out on Champions League viewing.

I'm just trying to come up with a reason for inactivity at this point because we're seeing clubs like Nottingham Forest move more decisively.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Our rivals will have their new signings on the training pitch and on tour to bed in. We on the other hand will be pushing through desperate deals on the last few days of the window after dropping points on the opening few games. Manager under pressure and fans toxic again.

I understand people saying the window is only open a few weeks but thats not the point. We have a new manager and he deserves to have his squad settled for preseason. Look at sancho and Varane last season, neither got a proper preseason and both failed to live up to expectations and struggled for fitness.

I had real hopes the structure changes and Ed leaving would have made us compitent in the market, same old bs as the last decade though. Fdj is just this years fabregas or thiago.
I don’t understand the logic that we will definitely drop points in the first few games if we don’t have new signings onboard

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm wondering does the new kit launch have anything to do with the delay to any new player signings? i.e. the club want to announce new players in their shiny new kit because the sponsors are now missing out on Champions League viewing.

I'm just trying to come up with a reason for inactivity at this point because we're seeing clubs like Nottingham Forest move more decisively.
If looking for possible reasons, More likely the new financial year that I think starts on 1st July

Tavern in the town

Seems a bit far fetched.

sparx99

If looking for possible reasons, More likely the new financial year that I think starts on 1st July
I’m not sure either matter really. You can sign a player and do a kit reveal later. With regards to the financial year you’d want to put some of it into the current year so that next year has flexibility too.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
So there can be 20-30 pages of people moaning about the club in this thread but THIS is what you stomp your feet over?

Your posts in this thread are all transfer related yeah?

Report it and get it deleted then if it upsets you that much but your acronyms and feux anger are wasted on me.
Its faux anger genius and it wasnt a fecking transfer tweet

Jacob

I have a feeling United will surpass expectations in terms of transfers in, again. I'm just annoyed it will happen to late. It will happen though.

Mick1

1. He can go and play football.
2. Those minutes are better used keeping a squad member happy or giving a young player some minutes in the first team.
3. It moves on a player who has been here too long and allowed to coast by. He may have been unlucky with injuries but we need to find a better balance between sentiment and ruthlessness.
1- he is injured for about 70% of a regular season. He d play 8 more games a season at a club like Brentford than he would here. We have better medical facilities and a squad big enough that his absence is less felt.

2- It isn't. If said squad player/ youth player is not preffered to Jones when Jones is injured, they re probably not good enough to demand minutes, nor is it something the club should be in the business of. Play players who can win the game at hand, fans pay a lot of money to watch united and the least they expect the coach not to throw away games with poor selection.
Not even youth players should have preferential treatment. If they can put in a performance equal to, or better than that of an underperforming squad player, they have no business being on the pitch.

3- Agreed in principle, but in this particular case, Jones is on the lowest base salary out of all senior players. If he has positive net input on the team, including but not limited to : team morale, productive training sessions and practice games, maybe even insight when working with the coaching team. He s homegrown too and oa a third of Martials wages.
I always linken the Jones situation to Darren Fletchers' in terms of how the club treated them. Hope Jones has made something out of his time injured like work towards coaching badges and what not.

Edit: off on a tangent

sparx99

Where on earth we getting the money
We don’t have a lack of funds. We have a lack of will to spend from the owners/management.

This should have been a £300m summer. That’s what a mega club would do on the back of the embarrassment we just produced.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have a feeling United will surpass expectations in terms of transfers in, again. I'm just annoyed it will happen to late. It will happen though.
As most of us have the expectation of a disastrous summer window, then I don't doubt that you're correct at all!!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

I was thinking it had something to do with end quarter results. No spending = better balance sheet

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I’m not sure either matter really. You can sign a player and do a kit reveal later. With regards to the financial year you’d want to put some of it into the current year so that next year has flexibility too.
Yea, the logical thing would be to get your spending in this year’s accounts, and do your selling in next year’s…unless we’re expecting record revenue or what not.

OleGunnar20

I think I've seen enough to suggest that Ronaldo probably is ideally looking to leave if another club comes along. I know some might think that's a good thing but honestly I think that would be a disaster, especially if it happens late in the window like it did with Juve.
Sorry a situation as it is - the guys our best player. Without him we're looking at:

Rashford - Martial - Sancho

Elanga - Garnacho - Pellestri

Which is obviously going to get us nowhere.

Not buying this budget - I think it’s closer to £200m. So FDJ, Martinez and Antony. With Erikson on a free too.
Would be a very good summer for me. Though still leaves massive holes at RB (starter) and ST (cover). But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Banat

Not long ago people were trying to comfort others that we will blitzkrieg our transfer targets after the internationals. It is crystal clear now why we got rid of Ralf, the only (potential) staff member who foresaw what will happen. We are already regretting a decision to scrap his role and sack him, shambles of a club.

Wezzaldo

Not long ago people were trying to comfort others that we will blitzkrieg our transfer targets after the internationals. It is crystal clear now why we got rid of Ralf, the only (potential) staff member who foresaw what will happen. We are already regretting a decision to scrap his role and sack him, shambles of a club.
Jesus this is so embarrassing I don’t know where to start.

Firstly it’s still June, with players still on holiday. Whether for example we signed De Jong now, or in two weeks, it doesn’t make a bit of difference.

I for one am fed up for being every clubs cash cow, so if it takes a little longer to negotiate deals to stop this trend I personally am more than happy with that.

Yes we have been shambolic in the past, but Murtough et al deserve a chance to prove themselves. With regards to this first window, we were always going to go with what ETH wanted as we haven’t established the long term process for recruitment, and also ETH has a track record of bringing previous players with him to implement his style quicker. Again, I am personally happy with this as we have long lacked a playing style identity and quicker ETH can establish that the better.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
How reliable is this source?
As reliable as a chocolate teapot.

Well, not quite that bad. But Tier 3 according to Barca fans. Not very reliable. Roughly on par with The Independent or Evening Standard.

M4YON

It's the unofficial mouthpiece for Barca like Marca is for Real Madrid.

There's likely to be something in it but as already mentioned its a tier 3 source. The positive is it's a Barca mouthpiece source reporting on a Barca player.

Ralph1386

As reliable as a chocolate teapot.

Well, not quite that bad. But Tier 3 according to Barca fans. Not very reliable. Roughly on par with The Independent or Evening Standard.
It's the unofficial mouthpiece for Barca like Marca is for Real Madrid.

There's likely to be something in it but as already mentioned its a tier 3 source. The positive is it's a Barca mouthpiece source reporting on a Barca player.
Thanks

Charles Miller

I don't know if we did or didn't. The post about the better European offer is based on what another, more reliable Brazilian journalist reported a couple of weeks back (see below). Anyways, Flamengo haven't even submitted this offer; they're preparing it at this time. We'll see what happens when they submit it.

Yeah, I was stating my opinion and putting forth my own conjecture on Pereira's current situation, but it's not based on nothing. Here's what I base it on:

Casagrande's one of, if not the, most reliable Brazilian football reporters. One of our Brazilian posters had this to say about him:

Goal Brasil isn't terrible, but I'd like to wait and see if a more reliable journalist reports on this Flamengo offer. Anyways, I've read this Sport Witness article that covers the report. This €5m offer that Flamengo are readying up isn't for 100% of his rights but 50% of it. To restate, they'd purchase him for €5m, and there will basically be a "50% sell-on clause" for Pereira. Manchester United, however, want to completely sell Pereira for €10m, so I doubt they'll accept this offer once they receive it.

Unfortunately, The United Stand only translated the headline and didn't cover the rest of the article.
I think Raissa Simplicio from Goal Brasil is reliable. The others there i dont know very well so i can't tell fod sure.

sparx99

We have half the squad back in for pre-season Monday right?

I know any new signings are likely internationals so when would they be able to start back? When do the international play get back from holidays?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We have half the squad back in for pre-season Monday right?

I know any new signings are likely internationals so when would they be able to start back? When do the international play get back from holidays?
Following Monday I think. 1 or two might get a few more days though apparently so maybe Wednesday

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Despite being based in Catalunya, Diario SPORT isn't that reliable, and I wouldn't consider it Barcelona's mouthpiece. Mundo Deportivo is more of a Barcelona mouthpiece than Diario SPORT. Lluis Miguelsanz, especially, tends to get quite speculative, so I wouldn't put too much weight into his reports. Let's wait and see if the more reliable journalists report on this.

pramodkumarca

Supports
realmadrid
Frenkie de Jong and pogba are two different type midfielder still similar in term of what they do tactically
Actually Manunited need a player like pogba and should have retained pogba and he would have flourished under new manager and spending another 80 m is simply waste of time and money as it has several position to spend

With every change of coach you would have spend to bring in right player but better to find a manger you own the squad and play the squad to it strength rather demand another set of player

Suv666

If it the Sport tweet about FDJ was reliable people like Ornstein, Stone and Romano would have jumped on it.
It looks like a rumour so far.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ronaldo being offered to Chelsea/Bayern by his agent according to the piece from Ornstein and Sheldon. I think it would suit both United and Ronaldo if he moved on.

Judas

Open to offers
Ronaldo being offered to Chelsea/Bayern by his agent according to the piece from Ornstein and Sheldon. I think it would suit both United and Ronaldo if he moved on.
Yes and no. I don't trust us to replace his goals, which would put us in an even more tricky position to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.