Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Ronaldo being offered to Chelsea/Bayern by his agent according to the piece from Ornstein and Sheldon. I think it would suit both United and Ronaldo if he moved on.
We don't have a single striker in the team that can be relied upon right now except him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Mendes shopping Ronaldo around this summer is a clear indication that, at a bare minimum, the upcoming season will be make or break for United regarding Ronaldo's future. If Mendes can find a club that's willing to deal with United, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo leaves this summer.

Red_toad

Ronaldo being offered to Chelsea/Bayern by his agent according to the piece from Ornstein and Sheldon. I think it would suit both United and Ronaldo if he moved on.
So 120 million budget will get us a top midfielder, striker, right back and right winger? I very much doubt it suits United as we have no replacement and can't afford one. I'm happy to have him around for 1 more season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So 120 million budget will get us a top midfielder, striker, right back and right winger? I very much doubt it suits United as we have no replacement and can't afford one. I'm happy to have him around for 1 more season.
His agent is offering him around according to very good sources. And if Chelsea do come in for him I think he'll want to leave because I don't believe his agent is offering him around to rival clubs without Ronaldo's knowledge. And Ronaldo at his age will want to play in the CL if given the choice.

For me it doesn't matter if he leaves now or next season. And if he left during the current window, we'd free up a huge chunk of his wages that could go towards a forward who would potentially be a better fit for the high intensity play style of ten Hag.

Godfather

This. Incredible that anyone would think differently. We don't have a single striker to replace him in the squad and enough other holes to fill without needing to look out for a new number 9.

lysglimt

Scout
Where on earth we getting the money
Imagine the wages we have cleared already - Cavani, Mata, Pogba, Henderson, Lingard and Matic - and if we somehow manage to get rid of 3-4 more players on a decent salary - we could clear close to £1.5 m from our wages - multiply that by 52 and you can see how much money we have saved - then off course the new players need a salary, but if we sign 4 players on £200.000 a week - we will still save close to £40 million a year in salaries.

croadyman

Imagine the wages we have cleared already - Cavani, Mata, Pogba, Henderson, Lingard and Matic - and if we somehow manage to get rid of 3-4 more players on a decent salary - we could clear close to £1.5 m from our wages - multiply that by 52 and you can see how much money we have saved - then off course the new players need a salary, but if we sign 4 players on £200.000 a week - we will still save close to £40 million a year in salaries.
Just worry about our ability to sell players

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His agent is offering him around according to very good sources. And if Chelsea do come in for him I think he'll want to leave because I don't believe his agent is offering him around to rival clubs without Ronaldo's knowledge. And Ronaldo at his age will want to play in the CL if given the choice.

For me it doesn't matter if he leaves now or next season. And if he left during the current window, we'd free up a huge chunk of his wages that could go towards a forward who would potentially be a better fit for the high intensity play style of ten Hag.
Been saying the same thing. It would benefit all parties.

Aeryis

I'd love for Ronaldo to leave. Ronaldo gives us goals, but he's also old and that evidently affects his play and consistency. I saw some stat which i don't remember correctly/exactly, but it was something along the lines of ronaldo only scoring in 4 games out 17 played between November and March/April. The guy quite simply speaking was not a consistent goal scorer for us. Then there's the issue that he's not a "real number 9" and frequently drops deep to play as a winger like he's still 23 years old; something that frustrated Juventus fans quite a lot. It was evidently the tactical issue that affected the teams shape going forward.

Which is why i always contended that even with Ronaldo we need a striker but knowing the football incompetents upstairs I can easily see us not getting one because "it's okay we have Ronaldo." If Ronaldo leaves it'll speed up the process and we'll start shopping for a striker this summer. A striker and a RW plugs the holes we have in our front 3. That alongside two midfielders and hopefuly an RB would be a succesful window.

Now the major issue is the striker market, there just isn't one if we're looking for affordable acquisitions. Really the only notable name left in the market is Osimhen, but he'd cost over 80m euros. But honestly United will have to come to terms with the fact that that's the minimum price for potential world class players.

croadyman

I'd love for Ronaldo to leave. Ronaldo gives us goals, but he's also old and that evidently affects his play and consistency. I saw some stat which i don't remember correctly/exactly, but it was something along the lines of ronaldo only scoring in 4 games out 17 played between November and March/April. The guy quite simply speaking was not a consistent goal scorer for us. Then there's the issue that he's not a "real number 9" and frequently drops deep to play as a winger like he's still 23 years old; something that frustrated Juventus fans quite a lot. It was evidently the tactical issue that affected the teams shape going forward.

Which is why i always contended that even with Ronaldo we need a striker but knowing the football incompetents upstairs I can easily see us not getting one because "it's okay we have Ronaldo." If Ronaldo leaves it'll speed up the process and we'll start shopping for a striker this summer. A striker and a RW plugs the holes we have in our front 3. That alongside two midfielders and hopefuly an RB would be a succesful window.

Now the major issue is the striker market, there just isn't one if we're looking for affordable acquisitions. Really the only notable name left in the market is Osimhen, but he'd cost over 80m euros. But honestly United will have to come to terms with the fact that that's the minimum price for potential world class players.
We won't buy a striker

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Or this is Mendes\Ronaldo putting pressure on the club to spend some cash and bring players in

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Instead of looking at stats did you watch the games?

We were bloody awful around him he had a bit of bad luck when he did get chances and missed a few yes but if you think we will be better off this season without him then I think you are wrong there.

AneRu

I think a move away for Ronaldo could benefit both parties as he is a tactical nightmare for anyone intending to play a high intensity style. The problem is who do we replace him with and do we have the funds to do so? Rashford and Martial clearly aren't it and we got fecked by losing that cretin who we won't mention.

Aeryis

Instead of looking at stats did you watch the games?

We were bloody awful around him he had a bit of bad luck when he did get chances and missed a few yes but if you think we will be better off this season without him then I think you are wrong there.
I did watch the games, he was awful with the ball; struggled to hold it and pass it sufficiently. His overall play was awful throughout the entire season. His saving grace was that he still has a knack for scoring goals.

I never said we'd do well without him, hardly any team besides City does well without a striker. I am just annoyed by stopgaps and would rather speed up the process and look for a new striker.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I did watch the games, he was awful with the ball; struggled to hold it and pass it sufficiently. His overall play was awful throughout the entire season. His saving grace was that he still has a knack for scoring goals.

I never said we'd do well without him, hardly any team besides City does well without a striker. I am just annoyed by stopgaps and would rather speed up the process and look for a new striker.
Do you include his play in the Champions League for example as part of the "entire season"?

Seriously we are not buying a striker we are fecked without him.

croadyman

I think a move away for Ronaldo could benefit both parties as he is a tactical nightmare for anyone intending to play a high intensity style. The problem is who do we replace him with and do we have the funds to do so? Rashford and Martial clearly aren't it and we got fecked by losing that cretin who we won't mention.
No idea who and nope we don't

Dan_F

Major red flags if Ronaldo would leave for Chelsea. It would have been bad enough if he joined City last season, but to do that after one season back, at this stage of career, shows how little faith he has in us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ronaldo leaving this summer is a problem we don’t need. Certainly not with MG around. We couldn’t buy 25 goals this summer and we don’t want ‘revolution’ anyway. Rather he stayed another year. My hope would be to get Felix next summer, although Gakpo also interests me a lot.

Suv666

Ronaldo fecking off would sink the whole club into depression. The toxicity would be too much to handle.
I hope he stays.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Something something fans are too impatient, something something the transfer window has only been open for a few weeks.
Something something…
Well clearly its an issue

PoTMS

No Ronaldo and we will seriously struggle to score 50 goals next season.

Red_toad

That's trusting the powers that be are able to close the deals and find the funds. Wages aren't an issue really it's more purchase budget. FDJ is going to take 3/4's of our budget.

Irwin99

No Ronaldo means either we're in the hunt for an elite striker or we reliant on Rashford and Martial to get near 20 league goals :nervous:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm up for moving everyone on who doesn't want to be here
100% agree.

Also, EtH plays an intense pressing based system. We could probably do with a striker up top that sets the tone, not a 37 year old former great.

Let him go Chelsea, get some £m in from the sale, save £400k+ a week in wages and see who else we can bring in.

This could also lead to a redemption arc for either Rashford or Martial.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn’t Cavani and Mason get more than half of those though.
True.....just making the point that we were a better football team without him. Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood and Bruno all regressed this season because it was the Ronaldo show.

Status
Not open for further replies.