Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He just comes off as very lazy. Anothet concern is the amount of senior football he has played at a very young age. There is a lot of mileage on him. And I dont think he is one of those players with talent/physique to keep playing «forever».

But I’m also vary that most players at Leicester is underperforming due to being part of a terrible team (playing for a really poor coach). People always tend to underrate players like that. It was the same with Henderson under Rodgers, several Spurs-players under Mourinho/Nuno and probably quite a few Man Utd-players the

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If Erikson agrees to United's offer I can't see Tielemans being on United's radar.

UTD_Since_1978

But Flamengo clearly don't love you.
Nor do their fans, I read something a few weeks ago about him missing a great chance in an important match for Flamengo (or something like that) & the fans have been on his back ever since.

2E_MUFC

I wouldn’t return if I was Romero. But I’d have him back all day long. Likeable player and was always very reliable.

FujiVice

Woodward and Solksjaer are both gone. Which is who Romero's wife both threw the blame at.

Withnail

As a number two? He was pretty much perfect for that role
For free as a back up?
He can't be counted on at all imo and his knees are in bits. In the Europa against poor teams he's alright but he's not good at keeping the ball out of the net despite everyone on here loving him for some reason.

Last edited:

diarm

He can't be counted on at all and his knees are in bits. In the Europa against poor teams he's alright but he's not good at keeping the ball out of the net despite everyone on here loving him for some reason.
He played 61 times for us and kept 39 clean sheets. Conceded 27 goals at a rate of less than a goal every 2 games.

RedDevilRoshi

He can't be counted on at all imo and his knees are in bits. In the Europa against poor teams he's alright but he's not good at keeping the ball out of the net despite everyone on here loving him for some reason.
That’s untrue. He kept 39 clean sheets in 61 games. That’s not someone that is “not good at keeping the ball out of the net”

Withnail

He played 61 times for us and kept 39 clean sheets. Conceded 27 goals at a rate of less than a goal every 2 games.
That’s untrue. He kept 39 clean sheets in 61 games. That’s not someone that is “not good at keeping the ball out of the net”
Clean sheets don't tell you a huge amount about a keeper, especially if you're dominating games against poor opposition in cups and the Europa.

I just don't trust him, never have and he's had knee problems for years.

stevoc

He was very professional for the most part. Never complained and always great when relied upon. Only towards the end there was some unrest, but I recall it being something to do with his wife.
For the most part when yeah, he was professional when he was picking up wages most clubs don't even pay their 1st choice GK never mind their 2nd choice.

OleGunnar20

Romero'd be perfect as our number #2. If he's willing to come back I'd say jump at the chance.

stevoc

One of a list of players Ole pissed off, He's gone so why not. Was always very solid.
He threw a hissy fit and didn't play for a year, ran his contract down because we wouldn't sell him to a PL team. No thanks.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He threw a hissy fit and didn't play for a year, ran his contract down because we wouldn't sell him to a PL team. No thanks.
Again, probably becasue like a number of other players Ole told him he'd play and he didn't. There is a clear pattern of this.

stevoc

Again, probably becasue like a number of other players Ole told him he'd play and he didn't. There is a clear pattern of this.
Eh no, he was told he could leave after Henderson returned from loan. His agent Raiola then negotiates a transfer to Everton despite presumably knowing United didn't want to sell to another PL club. And then like many of Mino's clients he kicks up a stink then refuses to leave anywhere else and runs his contract down. feck him, let him enjoy Serie B.

Pattern my arse.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
For the most part when yeah, he was professional when he was picking up wages most clubs don't even pay their 1st choice GK never mind their 2nd choice.
I don't see how his wages were relevant. We have a lot of moany cnuts that earn more, including another backup GK.

M4YON

Clean sheets don't tell you a huge amount about a keeper, especially if you're dominating games against poor opposition in cups and the Europa.

I just don't trust him, never have and he's had knee problems for years.
Wha? :nervous: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.