Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
But didn't Messi actually want to stay but Barca simply couldn't afford to pay him? Is De Jong's situation different?
It's the same.
the tweet above said:
Laporta has just stated that Barcelona have no intention of selling Frenkie de Jong, that the player himself wants to stay, that he will do everything in his power to keep him at the club, but that there is a salary issue that would have to be adjusted.

Woziak

It's a bit silly arguing about our hypothetical squad that is very unlikely to be put together but I'll indulge for the fun of it.
You don't think that squad is better than Newcastle's? Looking at that first 11, which Newcastle players do you think would get in there?
Yes they had a great 2nd half to last season and have subsequently strengthened. However, I don't think it's guaranteed it'll translate to similar results this year. We can attest to this having finished second, signed Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho and ended up 6th!
Another reason Newcastle did so well was most teams approached playing them expecting to win. I imagine that will change this year.

Also, A huge part of why we underperformed last year was because we had an inferior team to most, this is very different to having inferior individuals. I would argue that with that squad, the only two teams with better individuals would be City and Liverpool. Us, Chlesea and Spurs would be in a similar banding and we would be better than Arsenal, West ham, Newcastle, Wolves and Leicester, next band.
This is where ETH has to prove his worth, it's his job to turn that squad into a team and I have faith he'll be able to do it.
Yes I agree that it'll be the toughest season...possibly ever. however, this applies to everyone, not just us.
I think when all the dust settles and we can the see final strength of all the squads, that would be a good time to make accurate predictions, if United Lose Ronaldo, highly probably after his comments today, yep I think we are in a battle for 6th to 10th with Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves. I agree that Newcastle will have different pressures and expectancy this year but they can spend £150m now and then the same again in January giving them the financial muscle to pick off new emerging talent at this years World Cup, we won’t do anything in the winter window, just like we didn’t in this winter transfer window. The 5 sub rule would have suited us last year but unless we get elite players in it will be a way for our rivals to increased their squad strength over ours. Ps I hate to say it but I think at the end of the window both Spurs and Chelsea will genuinely have much better squads than united.

Last edited:

Red Swede

Ronaldo please leave. You are not invested in the club but yourself. You are a legend but no one should stay at the club if they don’t want to.

I love you and best of luck.

/ A United Fan

croadyman

Ronaldo please leave. You are not invested in the club but yourself. You are a legend but no one should stay at the club if they don’t want to.

/ A United Fan
Would agree with you if we had someone up front to bang in the goals but we don't unfortunately

TsuWave

/ A United Fan
You think Ronaldo will read your "dear diary" entry on redcafe.net?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You think Ronaldo will read your "dear diary" entry on redcafe.net?
Never underestimate Caf posters. Some of us actually maintain very close relationships with top football players and managers. Kid Moyes is Moyes' kid. NLMax was Depay's mum. Amadeus is Pochettino's uncle. Samid is Ole's next door neighbor. The list goes on.

edcunited1878

We also appreciate Ronaldo, but the ironic and harsh reality of it is this....Ronaldo can't play every week and twice per week more times than not in the PL. His recovery time and stamina isn't good enough anymore to be close to optimal.

His body thrives on more rest and coming from the bench a little more often. But he won't accept that and it will continue to be detrimental to his team more times than he would want to be honest. He had a really bad cold streak in front of goal after December of last year for far too long.

So Ronaldo is right, he can't do it alone. That also means he has to play fewer minutes to be fresher. But that's the harsh reality he nor others are willing to admit that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

/ A United Fan
Yeah, let's not try to keep our top goalscorer from last season, who needs a goalscorer anyway right!?

Chicharo

Of course we are better with Ronaldo, but since the end of the previous season, no one has ever mentioned we were trying to buy a CF.
We are linked with CBs, RWs, RBs and De Jong. Malasia transfer came out of nowhere
And just to add, Ronaldo won't have to play twice a week, we are in the EL.
Every United fan knows we are in - to put it lightly - a bad position. He knew where he was coming to - battle for Top 4. So, he is suddenly surprised by our owners' lack of willingness to invest? If he doesn't want to stay let him go, it is better than having a guy who should be our most consistent player unhappy

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

Of course we are better with Ronaldo, but since the end of the previous season, no one has ever mentioned we were trying to buy a CF.
We are linked with CBs, RWs, RBs and De Jong. Malasia transfer came out of nowhere
And just to add, Ronaldo won't have to play twice a week, we are in the EL.
Every United fan knows we are in - to put it lightly - a bad position. He knew where he was coming to - battle for Top 4. So, he is suddenly surprised by our owners' lack of willingness to invest? If he doesn't want to stay let him go, it is better than having a guy who should be our most consistent player unhappy
You have to realise Ronaldo is ambitious and like many United fans was expecting us to do business this summer. It’s the 4th July tomorrow and we still don’t have a signing complete. Think about that. We finished 6th, embarrassed all season, a number of players out of contract and the club haven’t signed one player to counteract that.

Is it any wonder Ronaldo has thought sod this I want to leave? Don’t blame the player, blame the owners. It’s about time United fans wake up and realise this has all been bought on by the Glazers. Stop blaming Woodward, managers and players - it’s the Glazers.

Highfather_24

De Jong deal looks like it can fall through. Eriksen is undecided. We might be priced out of Antony, and only couple of defenders from the dutch league(Malacia and Martinez) seem like transers which will go through. Ronaldo is leaving, there are barely in replacements in the market. We also need a RB and a DM, both of which we are probably not getting this window.

Murtough madness.

Last edited:

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I think when all the dust settles and we can the see final strength of all the squads, that would be a good time to make accurate predictions, if United Lose Ronaldo, highly probably after his comments today, yep I think we are in a battle for 6th to 10th with Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves. I agree that Newcastle will have different pressures and expectancy this year but they can spend £150m now and then the same again in January giving them the financial muscle to pick off new emerging talent at this years World Cup, we won’t do anything in the winter window, just like we didn’t in this winter transfer window. The 5 sub rule would have suited us last year but unless we get elite players in it will be a way for our rivals to increased their squad strength over ours. Ps I hate to say it but I think at the end of the window both Spurs and Chelsea will genuinely have much better squads than united.
You're probably right about your last statement.
My comparison was based a hypothetical of us ending the window with the squad I had posted earlier. Very unlikely we will, especially considering the latest news about Ronaldo and De Jong.

Chicharo

You have to realise Ronaldo is ambitious and like many United fans was expecting us to do business this summer. It’s the 4th July tomorrow and we still don’t have a signing complete. Think about that. We finished 6th, embarrassed all season, a number of players out of contract and the club haven’t signed one player to counteract that.

Is it any wonder Ronaldo has thought sod this I want to leave? Don’t blame the player, blame the owners. It’s about time United fans wake up and realise this has all been bought on by the Glazers. Stop blaming Woodward, managers and players - it’s the Glazers.
I have always blamed the owners, always will.
But, Ronaldo didn't come from Serbian league not knowing what our position as a club was. He is 37, it is touch and go whether we will sign at least 3 players who will be in the first XI to actually strengthen us and make us title contenders, so his answer is - Feck it, I am off. All I am saying is that all of this was quite predictable regarding our transfer policy. He knew what he was signing for. If he wants out, f*ck him. He already chose his favorite club once, when we were the best team on the planet alongside Barca.

Cloud7

Never underestimate Caf posters. Some of us actually maintain very close relationships with top football players and managers. Kid Moyes is Moyes' kid. NLMax was Depay's mum. Amadeus is Pochettino. Samid is Ole's next door neighbor. The list goes on.
Fixed that for you

Edit: Lest we forget that dude who said C Ronaldo is like a son to him

Speako

This pendulum swing of a summer really is finally balanced right now. From the left ‘De Jong stays at Barca, Ronaldo leaves the stinking ship, United officially sign no-one - to the right ‘De Jong signs, Malacia signs, Martinez signs, Eriksen signs, Ronaldo would have slowed us down anyway/never wanted to leave in the first place’ . Which way will it go…

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Wish we just stopped communication for a week or two, we may struggle in the league, but it would be glorious to see that wanker sweet over the signings of Christensen, Kessie, Lewandowksi and Raphinha being in the balance, he needs the fans onside for reelection, they'll be pissed having agreements in place and all the noise about Lewa/Raphinha begging to join them only for his mouth to feck it up.

Woziak

John Murtourgh is undergoing a baptism of fire, is some of this the Glaziers fault with a process that they must still sign off individual transfers for us or is this a result of the previous inept policy and procedure of Woodward and Judge.

it seems strange to see how effortlessly , City, Liverpool and now Spurs and Newcastle make new transfers so efficiently . I wonder if Chelsea new owner who has adopted king pin in this area of the club will prove so inefficient, I highly doubt it. However John Murtourgh who championed Ralph as our interim manager is very much under pressure. Had he appointed an elite interim mangager who knew the PL. Or Even let Carrick continue, we might not of had a dismal record of 10 wins 7 draws 7 defeats and 37 points from 24 pl games and a zero goal difference.

Had he appointed a manager who could have got a 64% win rate and 18% draw and 18% loss, Jesus Rooney and Carrick partnership could have managed that with the players at their disposal. We would have had 16 wins 4 draws and 4 defeats, yes we would have lost to City and Liverpool and maybe Arsenal but losing to Wolves, Brighton, Everton, Palace and 7 draws against mediocre teams. The 52 points we would have got would have been an increase of 15 over Ralph and 4th place and CL football and more importantly, transfer activity would have been an awful lot easier. So for me He has to step
Up in the next 3 weeks or ETH might be telling the Glaziers that like Ralph, John Murtourgh has to go to.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
To be fair it is a pain posting tweets now and hunting down the correct thread

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
To be fair it is a pain posting tweets now and hunting down the correct thread
Yup, to be honest, the original system was the best.
I've no idea who is signing who in Europe, and miss quite a lot of the English tweets also.

The big problem was the lower league tweets (Which didn't bother me)
But if we made a top tier and a anything but top tier, I think that would be best

We'd also see the anything but top tier soon die

Woodzy

I hate it first but now I just pretend like other teams don’t exist.

It works in two ways as it makes this the most exciting thread in the transfer forum and also makes us the best team in the world at the same time.

Dazzmondo

While I'd like to take Fabrizio's comments as reassurance this is still on, this is literally exactly the same situation as a couple weeks ago. I don't think he's heard any update at all. Hope we hear something more concrete before the end of today.

Onerealunited

I know we need a lot of players but I would love if we bought Matthias de ligt and frenkie the young - even if it meant we would not sign any other players. Would be a good start to the needed transition

Dazzmondo

I know we need a lot of players but I would love if we bought Matthias de ligt and frenkie the young - even if it meant we would not sign any other players. Would be a good start to the needed transition
With Ronaldo leaving, not signing a (top) striker is absolutely not an option. FDJ and a new striker are probably equally as essential now with all the other positions being miles behind in priority

Godfather

A proper forward instead of De Ligt all day long

2E_MUFC

If Ronaldo leaves it just yet another position we need to sign. We arguably need a striker already. And with a lack of options in the market this year it makes it a big problem.

jasT1981

Someone tell him that the window has been on only for 3 days and its all well. We still have a few years to get our targets in.
It's been open 3 weeks and 2 days.

Opened 10th June. Other clubs had been in talks and had deals ready as soon as it opened, some got deals done in a matter of days.

This is typical of Utd, string out a transfer other clubs could do in days.

Ralph1386

If Ronaldo leaves it just yet another position we need to sign. We arguably need a striker already. And with a lack of options in the market this year it makes it a big problem.
We already needed a striker with Ronaldo here because he can only play at his best once a week, and we just lost Cavani and Greenwood (through no fault of our own).

Status
Not open for further replies.