Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Well that's 7/8 on the priority list, now it's about time to focus on 1-6 instead
It's not. A top club needs 3 goalkeepers.

ETH got knocked out of the Europa 2 years back because his 3rd GK an academy boy had a stinker.

Also isn't Heaton very much another line goalkeeper?

Tavern in the town

It's not. A top club needs 3 goalkeepers.

ETH got knocked out of the Europa 2 years back because his 3rd GK an academy boy had a stinker.
That’s a very unique situation though. Most clubs will rarely play their 3rd choice keeper, just think about how many games Grant played for us. You’re right that you need 3 keepers, but as the poster said it’s way down on the priority list.

Red Rash

Remember when Moyes wanted Jagielka and Fellaini and we all saw it as evidence that he was a mid-table manager who didn't understand what it takes to play for United? This is starting to feel similar. So many Eredivisie players historically have failed to take the step up, and our manager seems interested in nothing but that league, even shopping from the second or third shelf. This guy? Really?
I have some concerns about going too heavy on Eredivisie players but you have to be fair and say a lot of players who came from Eredivisie have been class like RVN, RVP, Bergkamp, Staam, Robben, Hasselbaink, Van De Saar and also a fair few decent ones.

peridigm

Summer budget . 120m
In: Malacia15m
  1. Sell: Jones, Bailly, Bissaka, Telles, Williams, Martial, Pereira. = +100m
  2. Bring in Martinez = -50m
  3. Now exchange Maguire ( Xavi wants him) with De Jong plus 50m.
Budget now 105m
Get rid of Ronaldo and get Free Dybala

Last bring Antony and a RB with remaining budget.

Ain't nuclear science, John and Richard..
And still after all that we can also generate another signing... like a proper CDM if you add one all the released big contract players.
Either you’re smoking crack is you think Xavi wants Maguire or Xavi is smoking crack for wanting Maguire.

Plus, we’re probaly going to pay around 60m initially for FDJ. We’d basically be giving them Maguire for peanuts + 50m.

Dim7

Either you’re smoking crack is you think Xavi wants Maguire or Xavi is smoking crack for wanting Maguire.

Plus, we’re probaly going to pay around 60m initially for FDJ. We’d basically be giving them Maguire for peanuts + 50m.
Rumours says he wants him.
Plus i would give him for free

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He accepted our offer 5 days ago and he still hasn’t been signed or joined the rest of the team on tour. Don’t know what’s holding that one up to be honest as there’s no fee to negotiate with a club and he’s already accepted what we’ve offered him.
Yeah worrying signs indeed it hasn't progressed
Great if true but still doesn't answer my question. Why has it taken so long? We've had no-one to barter with?
Maybe he wanted to enjoy his vacation before making a big decision on his future
Legal things to do with his contract

lysglimt

Scout
Remember when Moyes wanted Jagielka and Fellaini and we all saw it as evidence that he was a mid-table manager who didn't understand what it takes to play for United? This is starting to feel similar. So many Eredivisie players historically have failed to take the step up, and our manager seems interested in nothing but that league, even shopping from the second or third shelf. This guy? Really?
Historically - most major signings from Holland have NOT failed to take the step up - I am sure there are others but of the ones where there was a fairly big fee involved in the last 10-11 years are as follows

Vermaelen was a hit as long as he stayed injury free
Suarez did "ok" for Liverpool
Vertonghen was a big hit for Spurs
Bony was a hit at Swansea
Chadli did ok at Spurs
Eriksen ... well enough said
Tadic was a hit at Southampton
Pelle was a bit hit at Southampton
Blind was reliable if not great
Depay was disappointing...
Wijnaldum was a bit hit
Clasie was disappointing
Janssen was perhaps the biggest flop of them all
Klaasen was a flop
Sanchez has been good
Pröpper has been a bit hit at Brighton
Locadia one of the biggest flops
Johanbaksh another flop
Ruiz was ok at Fulham
Anita did ok at Newcastle
van Ginkel was a flop at Chelsea
Altidore was a flop

So I don't completely agree with you - few players from the Dutch League have flopped - ironically Brighton have 2 of the worst, which is strange because they have otherwise done really well in the transfer market in the last 4-5 seasons.

But Memphis, Clasie, Janssen, Klaasen and the 2 Brighton-players Locadia and Johanbaksh are probably the only real flops which clubs have paid a significant of money for.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That’s a very unique situation though. Most clubs will rarely play their 3rd choice keeper, just think about how many games Grant played for us. You’re right that you need 3 keepers, but as the poster said it’s way down on the priority list.
Disagree, I don't think any of our 3rd choices for other positions are as bad of an idea as playing Kovar who shat himself out on loan in league 2.

My point was to provide a reason why it's a priority ETH. He's not going to let the same thing happen to him twice.

@lysglimt Veltman and Pieters are another 2 recent examples of starters in the league last season. There's also Van Aanholt and Fer off the top of my head.

IrishRedDevil

‘‘Remain confident of signing Eriksen’’ :lol: What kind of update is that. The signing was confidently done 2 days ago?

Coming on here for daily dose of depression.

Dante

Average bang
‘‘Remain confident of signing Eriksen’’ :lol: What kind of update is that. The signing was confidently done 2 days ago?

Coming on here for daily dose of depression.
News can only be as illuminating as the question that got answered.

If the journalist asked his source what was happening with Eriksen and the response was something positive but non-specific, this tweet is how it would most likely be reported. It's just one of things. We can't always get a play-by-play rundown of something that's still up in the air.

Broadly speaking, the transfer is still moving forward so I'm happy enough with that.

sparx99

Disagree, I don't think any of our 3rd choices for other positions are as bad of an idea as playing Kovar who shat himself out on loan in league 2.

My point was to provide a reason why it's a priority ETH. He's not going to let the same thing happen to him twice.

@lysglimt Veltman and Pieters are another 2 recent examples of starters in the league last season. There's also Van Aanholt and Fer off the top of my head.
Even if he comes in now I don’t see how that makes it the ‘priority’. The order of the signings has never dictated priority. It’s been clear that De Jong is our number 1 target and the key summer signing. Signing a 2nd goalie on a free transfer doesn’t somehow slow that down.

sparx99

It’s also far better for Kovar or Bishop to play 30-40 games out on loan than playing reserve football with the faint hope of a random appearance. It’s exactly what the club should be doing with young goalies.

NewYorkRed

You know this is high stakes pro football don't you?
We've not just signed a couple of good lads for the banter.
Can’t be bothered to add the tweet but it was literally said that is one of the reasons why we signed him.

I do realise this is pro sports, do you? People sign good pros who are good for team morale ALL the time, in all pro sports.

1974_Fergie_Time

I think Eriksen is being signed but it's being delayed so he misses the tour in Australia cause his heart condition and very long distance flights isn't a good thing, body moves a lot less

He'll probably join up with the team in Norway.

James35

I’m really hoping we release a statement saying FDJ is no longer being targeted.
I think ETH will soon get a rude awakening once these matches start and he witnesses first hand how the opposition can dominate our shite midfield. We need to move quickly onto another target who would happily join us. Also get Lisandro and Eriksen sorted ASAP.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m really hoping we release a statement saying FDJ is no longer being targeted.
I think ETH will soon get a rude awakening once these matches start and he witnesses first hand how the opposition can dominate our shite midfield. We need to move quickly onto another target who would happily join us. Also get Lisandro and Eriksen sorted ASAP.
Why would you hope the club do that and potentially miss out on the signing?

Here’s a thought. Why not refrain from losing your shit when we aren’t even midway through the transfer window and judge the clubs business by the start of the season and the end of it?

GreatDane

Why is this mediocre turd even in the conversation? Is there some hidden contract clause with Ronaldo where we have to sign an underwhelming replacement whenever he leaves?

I’d rather have Ighalo back.
Damn. Now I want us to sign him just to piss you off even more.

James35

Why would you hope the club do that and potentially miss out on the signing?

Here’s a thought. Why not refrain from losing your shit when we aren’t even midway through the transfer window and judge the clubs business by the start of the season and the end of it?
Because I firmly believe we will not sign him.

Also here’s a thought. Why not refrain from believing I would give a shit about what you suggest.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Who cares what others do. We are the ones in the biggest mess of all top 6 sides and really have no excuse to act so slow in the market.
You can't complain that we are "sooooo slow" when doing things when it affects every other club on the planet. Point in case see an Arsenal fan below, they think we run a well oiled ship! So y'know, maybe relax a little bit?

You (as in we collectively as a fanbase) can't call the board and the club shite, inept, can't manage themselves out of a paper bag, crap, can't do anything, wasters and then also simultaneously expect them to be fecking amazing and have a well oiled ship that does things as quick as Football Manager. Real life doesn't work like that, especially when huge sums of money are involved. Clubs just don't invoice each other x amount of millions for said player. It has to go through reams and reams of legal paperwork before things get announced.

It just takes time.

Matt851

You can't complain that we are "sooooo slow" when doing things when it affects every other club on the planet. Point in case see an Arsenal fan below, they think we run a well oiled ship! So y'know, maybe relax a little bit?

You (as in we collectively as a fanbase) can't call the board and the club shite, inept, can't manage themselves out of a paper bag, crap, can't do anything, wasters and then also simultaneously expect them to be fecking amazing and have a well oiled ship that does things as quick as Football Manager. Real life doesn't work like that, especially when huge sums of money are involved. Clubs just don't invoice each other x amount of millions for said player. It has to go through reams and reams of legal paperwork before things get announced.

It just takes time.
But there is a pretty unamous opinion amongst pundits that we are a basket case. We might not be hugely worse than arsenal but is that really what we should be aspiring to?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
But there is a pretty unamous opinion amongst pundits that we are a basket case. We might not be hugely worse than arsenal but is that really what we should be aspiring to?
But Chelsea/Sterling, it's been 3 weeks and he still hasn't signed. So they're just as slow too.

BarstoolProphet

It just takes time.
Great transfer tweet.

Godfather

It just takes time.
We are the only ones out of the top 6 that have only bought a single player and that is an unknown quantity in a position we had no pressing need to reinforce. All that despite the fact that we had to go really really big this window.

So if you take off your red tinted glasses you might see that this window isn't going very well so far. We are going into pre season with no proper midfield and a laughable forward line.

We need to get our shit together soon.

SirAnderson

Why are so many unreliable tweets allowed in here? Been catching up on about 20 or so pages, and had to resist the urge to tag all of them to call out the BS.
One literally said Martinez signing to be completed in a couple of hours....on Thursday.

So much for the rules.

roseguy64

Why are so many unreliable tweets allowed in here? Been catching up on about 20 or so pages, and had to resist the urge to tag all of them to call out the BS.
One literally said Martinez signing to be completed in a couple of hours....on Thursday.

So much for the rules.
There are rules for the player threads other than the regular forum rules?

Thought those only applied to the 4 general transfer threads

Cantonagotmehere

So much for the rules.
And how the sheep believe them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.