Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I would really like to negotiate with United myself. It seems quite simple to squeeze more and more money out of them. "Oh, you lost to Brentford? Then 20 million more, please. Should you lose to Liverpool it will be 110m for him."

Godfather

Let's wait and see what the final fee is before we get our knickers in a twist shall we? I for one am simply excited. Not having to watch Rashford on the wing again is priceless itself

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That’s weird because @yamo123x is angry because Ajax would have accepted 50m earlier in the transfer window.
Yes which was before any of our bids. The reason they won’t want to sell now is because they have already sold multiple players.

cyberman

Yes which was before any of our bids. The reason they won’t want to sell now is because they have already sold multiple players.
Has anyone ever confirmed this? They rinsed us pretty badly over Martinez and we didnt go in late for him

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They were never prepared to sell Anthony for 50m. Have a word.

Cassidy

Has anyone ever confirmed this? They rinsed us pretty badly over Martinez and we didnt go in late for him
We were late on Martinez. Martinez was the last player to leave them this summer

Cassidy

They were never prepared to sell Anthony for 50m. Have a word.
It was the reported fee at the start of the summer and before they had sold anyone.

After Gravenbech was sold to Bayern and the RB also left and we were negotiating for Timber. Ajax stance was no one else is for sale

Cassidy

But they were willing to sell him to Arsenal before we instigated a bidding war?
No they were not. Which is why Martinez had to force a move.
All of Arsenals bids were rejected

lysglimt

Scout
Be a bit awks if United decide not to go that high. He's not worth that much.
Of course he is - if he turns out to be a success. If he isn't - he wouldn't be worth that much regardless of what we signed him for

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
100 million for Antony.. wow.

that’s insane considering he’s never played in premier league.
Plenty of money has been spent on players which were considered to be premier league proven like Grealish, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Schneiderlin and many others and most have been flops.

If the manager thinks Antony is the best player for that role, I'd rather we spend it on him rather than spend 30-50m to get plan B or plan C.

Dannn411

If he thinks the reaction to the first 2 games and what will happen tomorrow is pressure, I hope Ten Hag is ready for the extra pressure that will be heaped on him, both from the Glazers and the fans, after giving him all this money to spend on players he wants. That window of time that would normally be accorded other new managers is essentially gone now. Tangible improvement will be expected immediately.

Ralph1386

If he thinks the reaction to the first 2 games and what will happen tomorrow is pressure, I hope Ten Hag is ready for the extra pressure that will be heaped on him, both from the Glazers and the fans, after giving him all this money to spend on players he wants. That window of time that would normally be accorded other new managers is essentially gone now. Tangible improvement will be expected immediately.
Immediately is a bit of an overstatement because he needs a minimum of time to bed in his newest signings and have them well acquainted with his existing players.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nonsense, bloke needs time either way.

ForeverRed1

Plenty of money has been spent on players which were considered to be premier league proven like Grealish, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Schneiderlin and many others and most have been flops.

If the manager thinks Antony is the best player for that role, I'd rather we spend it on him rather than spend 30-50m to get plan B or plan C.
we’re talking 100 million though, not over paying. 70mil would be overpaying. it’s incredible money.

not saying he can’t work, not saying he can’t do well..be world class, it’s just a insane amount for him.

i actually think he’s a player that you hate unless he’s on your team (like Casemiro) and have been saying for a while we need more of that in this team. So if we can get two players like that, that won’t just role over.. I’m all for it. We need to master those dark arts a little bit more.

ForeverRed1

nah he’s got a couple windows atleast. More of these players need to go for that to happen.

croadyman

we’re talking 100 million though, not over paying. 70mil would be overpaying. it’s incredible money.

not saying he can’t work, not saying he can’t do well..be world class, it’s just a insane amount for him.

i actually think he’s a player that you hate unless he’s on your team (like Casemiro) and have been saying for a while we need more of that in this team. So if we can get two players like that, that won’t just role over.. I’m all for it. We need to master those dark arts a little bit more.
Yeah totally agree we have been outsmarted

AndySmith1990

Bored of the money talk now. Hopefully the improved offer gets accepted and this is done next week. Can't wait to see a genuinely exciting RW in the team again, it's been far too long

Status
Not open for further replies.