Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

the_cliff

Probably the only obvious choice tbh.

I don't like him, I don't think he's as good as others think and he's inevitably gonna fall out with the higher ups in short order but he's probably the best qualified manager available at the minute, it's not a deep pool.

Think it'll be between us and Liverpool for him and the loser gets Southgate.
Well Liverpool are very close to getting Slot (Feyenoord manager) according to reports. I reckon it would be more between us and Barca.

Conor

A manager that has failed in multiple places and is known to fall out with people, what could go wrong?

saivet

A manager that has failed in multiple places and is known to fall out with people, what could go wrong?
Seems more fallings out with the executives rather than the players. Chelsea aside, which is a weird case, it doesn't seem like he's gone somewhere and left it a mess. I'm not convinced by him either but it's the Bayern job hitting his reputation most and he's been up against a side that could go the season unbeaten, something no Bayern team has done before. He could end up with another CL final or title too.

As far as banking on a manager for a 2 year fix, he's probably as good a manager as you'll get.

Woziak

He is best prospect in an u18 team which has been very dominant this year and the best it has been in sometime.

Ofcourse not everyone will make it, but there are some good talents there out of which Amass is the top one. His attacking play which includes crossing and overlapping runs is already there. The defensive part definitely needs work but he's not terrible at it and is something that will improve with experience. I'm pretty sure the club has plans to integrate him similar to how they integrated Mainoo and Garnacho.
I go to the u18’s regularly and went last night, Harry Amas is a top talent but he’s not the number 1 talent in that group. Shea Lacey is the most talented but he’s also very slight like Angel Gomes.

Jack Fletcher, Ethan Williams, Ethan Wheatley, Finlan McCalister, ogun, James Scanlon and Musa and Mantato all have a chance of playing top level football even if not at United but I think we’ll see 3 or 4 come through from this squad.

They’ve been beaten only three times all season from 30 matches and won all of those except a couple of draws so 25 wins out of 30 with an 83% win rate and they’ve scored 95 goals and conceded 32 goals
It’s definitely the best crop in long time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Nice. Any speculation regarding the fee?
No one knows. Michel himself goes by Nypan's Transfermarkt valuation (which, to me, is unreliable) to guess on a potential fee. Unsurprisingly, both City and Arsenal are also following the player, and I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other European clubs are looking at him as well.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No one knows. Michel himself goes by Nypan's Transfermarkt valuation (which, to me, is unreliable) to guess on a potential fee. Unsurprisingly, both City and Arsenal are also following the player, and I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other European clubs are looking at him as well.
Cheers for that. Yes, for sure there'll be more clubs. But these are the profiles we should be targeting, preferably on the sly, to build a team for the long-term.

saik

I go to the u18’s regularly and went last night, Harry Amas is a top talent but he’s not the number 1 talent in that group. Shea Lacey is the most talented but he’s also very slight like Angel Gomes.
I'd say Amass has overtaken Lacey only because Lacey's been out injured for the best part of 6 months and only came back couple of weeks ago. In terms of raw talent, yes, Lacey is right up there. But currently, Amass in further along in his development and overtaken Lacey.

BarstoolProphet

He's a huge United fan. Very mature for his age and already one of the first names on the teamsheet for the biggest club in Norway. Don't like the comparison with Ødegaard though, not the same talent-wise. Ødegaard was spectacular.

lysglimt

Scout
Nice. Any speculation regarding the fee?
By P.L standards - peanuts. Rosenborg are also in financial difficulties so there is no way they would turn down a high offer. If I were to make an educated guess - somewhere between £8-10 million would be more than enough
But I doubt United can persuade Nypan to go - it's better for him to play football in Norway than to be a reserve-player at United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
By P.L standards - peanuts. Rosenborg are also in financial difficulties so there is no way they would turn down a high offer. If I were to make an educated guess - somewhere between £8-10 million would be more than enough
But I doubt United can persuade Nypan to go - it's better for him to play football in Norway than to be a reserve-player at United.
A poster told me he's a Raiola client (well, the Brazilian lady who picked up his clients) so it could be pricey (and maybe toxic, if she's anything like Raiola was). That being said, given what we need to actually do I think we could genuinely persuade young talent to join. But that requires us to embrace taking a step back in order to take two steps forward. The squad needs butchering and the midfield really only has Mainoo as of the required quality (or promise, in his case, both). We'll see about Mount. But we should be able to offer minutes to major prospects.

Add to that we'll be in that shite Europa League so plenty of matches.

roseguy64

A poster told me he's a Raiola client (well, the Brazilian lady who picked up his clients) so it could be pricey (and maybe toxic, if she's anything like Raiola was). That being said, given what we need to actually do I think we could genuinely persuade young talent to join. But that requires us to embrace taking a step back in order to take two steps forward. The squad needs butchering and the midfield really only has Mainoo as of the required quality (or promise, in his case, both). We'll see about Mount. But we should be able to offer minutes to major prospects.

Add to that we'll be in that shite Europa League so plenty of matches.
She didn't pick up his clients, they were already her clients. She's less showy than he was based on the articles about her.

didz

The fact we won't be in the Champions League and thus won't be able to activate said clauses.
Must you be so sensible?

I was hoping that they could only activated after the completion of some form of treasure hunt or obstacle course, or if they might have been equivalent to £5m multiplied by the bidder's goal difference.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Real Madrid's transfer moves: Leny Yoro heats up and Alphonso Davies cools down.

The departure of Nacho and the return of Alaba mean that the club sees strengthening the centre-back position as a priority.
Some on the Real Madrid board still want to sell Ferland Mendy, but the club, as a whole, are warming up to keeping him in the club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How are loads of non United related tweets getting through the United only filter?
Tosin, Yoro, and Mendy all have been linked to United. No one's ruled United out of getting those players yet though that may happen for both Yoro and Mendy depending on what happens in the next few weeks.