Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Sesko has only just found his feet in the Bundesliga in the past couple of months. It would be damn near identical to the Hojlund signing. Personally I think it would be a good idea to go into next season with at least one attacker who wasn't a project.
Part of me knows this is correct and logical and part of me thinks they can dovetail and learn together in some magical fantasy realm where our transfers are actually good business and work out.

Perhaps we can pick up an experienced striker on the cheap near the end of the window or something.

Dannn411

Sesko has only just found his feet in the Bundesliga in the past couple of months. It would be damn near identical to the Hojlund signing. Personally I think it would be a good idea to go into next season with at least one attacker who wasn't a project.
Our goal issues are not because of the strikers or lack thereof. Its because of the way we play. It has been demonstrated numerous times over the years that you can score bucketloads without a classic goal hanger number 9. I'm fine with Sesko and Hojlund as the two to build around over the next decade. It also dramatically improves the flexibility of the team too. We would be able to play two-striker formations which we can't really do now.

aeh1991

..or we get a stop-gab striker in the mould of Cavani and go for Ferguson next year? That would also be an idea. But Sesko at least has a relatively fair release clause. Same as Dovbyk and Zirkzee.

didz

Our goal issues are not because of the strikers or lack thereof. Its because of the way we play. It has been demonstrated numerous times over the years that you can score bucketloads without a classic goal hanger number 9. I'm fine with Sesko and Hojlund as the two to build around over the next decade. It also dramatically improves the flexibility of the team too. We would be able to play two-striker formations which we can't really do now.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. We don't need a striker but it would be nice to start with 2 so long as neither scores too many goals?

That would explain why hes not scoring anymore.
I think even when he was bang in form, his biggest contributions came as an indirect set piece threat. I really hope he comes good for Ireland's sake, but right now I don't see how anyone could have him as good enough for United. Certainly not for the kind of fee Brighton would be after.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Why is no one talking about Joa Pedro at Brighton, if we're replacing Martial, we shouldn't be looking for a striker with Høljud style, we should be looking for a striker more in the Martial skill set.

We should go after Joa Pedro.

M16Red

Why is no one talking about Joa Pedro at Brighton, if we're replacing Martial, we shouldn't be looking for a striker with Høljud style, we should be looking for a striker more in the Martial skill set.

He'll be expensive and with FFP i can't see it, someone posted Morgan Whittaker who I think is a lot like Joao Pedro was at Watford last season. Whittaker has more goals and assets than Pedro the season he left. Also he went for 32 Mill Euros we are not getting him for less than 50 Mill.

Whittaker went for 1.5M we need to get these players before they make that big move

RuudTom83

Far to much common sense in this post.

If you currently have a 21 year old inexperienced CF you would want someone on the bench who offered something different.

Subbing Hojlund off for Sesko would just be like for like, and considering once United enquire about Sesko he will be quotes 80 million, it's just not worth it.

didz

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it is bizarre that we ended this loan.
True, but equally I think sanctioning it in the first place was bizarre. We had two injury plagued left backs, so we signed an injury plagued left back to cover them. We switched to Reguilon when Cucurella got cup tied for the Carabao, which would have cost him a total of one game.

Whoever we got in needed to be fit. Then they might have been able to stake a claim to stay beyond January. Reguilon was just after missing half a season through injury, so the odds of him being well enough to get a good run were always low and we can hardly be surprised that he only managed 90 minutes on one occasion during his time here.

Woziak

I think it’s fair to suggest that young players who are 18-22, especially from foreign leagues find the PL intensity and relative physicality sometimes very hard to adjust. Rasmus has had purple patches but he’s far from the finished article. The advantage of buying Sesco, he’s young enough to have time to settle, talented enough to compete and offers enough differences to Rasmus.

Sesco is much better with the ball at his feet and linking play, he’s not as quick as Rasmus but he’s not far off and he’s better in the air at a similar height of 6’4. He has a lot of development still however his stats this season are far better than Rasmus last year at Atlanta. He’s got 13 goals and 2 assists in 37 games but most of those are from the bench. He’s got 15 Goal
Involvements in 1713 minutes so he scores or assists ever 114 minutes in CL, BL and German domestic cups. Rasmus this season has 13 goals 2 assists or 15 GI in 35 games, or 15 GI in 2591 or a Goal or an assist every 172 minutes, that’s not good enough to be man united starting number 9, that stat has to be 1 GI in every 90/100 minutes.
This is why the club needs another CF, for competition, to compliment and to ensure that United always have an option from the bench, personally I’d like to see us be serious about the options available and maybe sign 2 yes 2 options here, just here me out for a second?

Here’s the options at CFW;

V Osimhen -Transfer cost £100m/350k p/w cost on 5 year contract would be
(20m T/18m W = £38m per year on books)
Stats P27 G15 A4 GI 19 in 2094 mins
1 Goal or Assist every 120minutes
Age 2 Height 6’2 Pace World Class

Serhou Guirassy - Transfer Cost £16m/150k p/w cost on 4 year contract would be (4m T/7m W = £11m per year)
Stats P25 G27 A2 GI 29 in 1935 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 66 minutes
Age 28 Height 6’2 Pace Elite

Victor Gyokeres - Transfer Cost £85m/200k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (17m T/10m W = £27m per year)
Stats P44 G36 A16 GI 52 in 3643 Minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 70 minutes
Age 25 Height 6’2 Pace Fast enough

Ivan Toney - Transfer Cost
£50m/200k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (10m T/10m W = £20m per year)
Stats P13 G4 A1 GI5 in 1089 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 217 minutes
Age 28 Height 6’1 Pace Quick but not elite

Dominic Solanki - Transfer Cost £55m/160k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (11m T/8m W = £19m per year)
Stats P36 G19 A4 GI23 in 3075 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 133 minutes
Age 26 Height 6’2 Elite Pace

Danny Wellbeck - Transfer Cost
Free/100k per week on a 2 year contract
Would be (4m S/5m W= £9m per year)
Stats P31 G6 A1 GI7 in 1682 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every in 240 minutes
Age 33 Height 6’2 Pace Moderate Now

Joshua Zirkzee Transfer Cost
35m/120k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (7m T/6m W= £13m per year)
Stats P33 G11 A6 GI17 in 2630 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 154 minutes
Age 22 Height 6’4 Elite Build up play

Benjamin Sesco Transfer Cost
42m/80k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (8m T/5m W= £11m per year)
Stats P35 G13 A2 GI15 in 1713 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 114 minutes.
Age 20 Height 6’4 Pace Elite

In summary this summer represents the best opportunity to upgrade the CFW position, either by buying an improvement on Rasmus or buying a young talent than can compete and therefore get the most out of Rasmus. Those Fans calling for Danny Wellbeck can see how this is not even an option, even on a free as he would still cost £9m per year on the books with a signing on fee.

The Club should make Osimhen or Victor Gyokeres as their number 1 and 2 target and only if they can not get one of these which will cost either £38m per year on the accounts or £27m should we look at potentially signing Sesko and Guirassy, less than £60m when Guirassy can play across the front free is a no brainer, sell Antony, Sancho, Greenwood and Pellistri for at least £100m, lose £600k per week wages and you’ve saved about £50m per week on the transfer and wages accounts.

Add Michael Olise at £55m and £150k per week which is (11m+7.5m) to Sesco and Guirassy combined cost of £22m per year combined and your actually saving money with improved options in attack of ;
R Hojlund, M Rashford, A Garnaucho,
M Olise, B Sesco, Amad, S Guirassy
or

Buy V Gyokeres and keep Antony or Sancho as I just can’t see too many teams touching their wages and have these options in attack ; R Hojlund, J Sancho, M Rashford, M Olise, V Gyokeres, Amad, Garnaucho remember a new manager might switch to a 352 or 3412 in some games.
I’m fed up of fans saying Rasmus does the graveyard shift and no other striker would score any more, he’s still a prospect has elite potential but does not make the right runs, lets go spend £85m on a guy that scores or assists every 70 minutes not every 170 minutes?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Far to much common sense in this post.

If you currently have a 21 year old inexperienced CF you would want someone on the bench who offered something different.

Subbing Hojlund off for Sesko would just be like for like, and considering once United enquire about Sesko he will be quotes 80 million, it's just not worth it.
Oh no, subbing off a highly rated young striker for another highly rated young striker. What a horrible situation to be in.

Also the report is saying it would be a 50m euro release clause. So it would be one of the cheapest options we could get.

Woziak

Bring Welbz back on a free for a Johnny Evans style swan song! :devil:
It’s just a non starter as it’s not as cheap as people think, he’s on 100k per week at Brighton but as Striker number 3 I’m not against it. He’s never been a prolific goal scorer though!

Woziak

Oh no, subbing off a highly rated young striker for another highly rated young striker. What a horrible situation to be in.

Also the report is saying it would be a 50m euro release clause. So it would be one of the cheapest options we could get.
It really is because even if he only moderately works, at his age he has huge resale value.

His cost £42m and wages of probably £75-80k per week, this deal is a no brainer, we could even pick up Wellbeck as a 3rd option who can also play left or right wing. The real key here is Olise, providing he can stay fit he’s a creative beast that with an overlapping high full back like Frimpong would seriously offer a huge and instant upgrade in terms of creating big chances for our CFW. If buying the cheaper option of Sesco allows the club to buy Frimpong and Elise for £85m then we should be all over this.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It really is because even if he only moderately works, at his age he has huge resale value.

His cost £42m and wages of probably £75-80k per week, this deal is a no brainer, we could even pick up Wellbeck as a 3rd option who can also play left or right wing. The real key here is Olise, providing he can stay fit he’s a creative beast that with an overlapping high full back like Frimpong would seriously offer a huge and instant upgrade in terms of creating big chances for our CFW. If buying the cheaper option of Sesco allows the club to buy Frimpong and Elise for £85m then we should be all over this.
Agreed, I think we don't want to sign someone who will just oust Hojlund and Sesko could share minutes, compete and potentially work out how to play with Hojlund too. The fitness is a massive worry for me with Olise, but I agree he would be a massive creative boon. Watching Frimpong last night, he basically was a right winger, so we could even adopt a 3 back in certain games. Even if it's not Olise and Frimpong, he certainly allows us more flexibility in the market, wherever we chose to invest.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s just a non starter as it’s not as cheap as people think, he’s on 100k per week at Brighton but as Striker number 3 I’m not against it. He’s never been a prolific goal scorer though!
That’s okay, neither are any of ours! :lol:

On a serious note, he could be a good option for the youngsters to play off and bring them into play. He can hold up the ball and the young legs can do the running.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More insight into the recent Todibo-Atletico links:

Tier 1 (Matteo Moretto):

The other defenders on Atletico's shortlist: Leonardo Balerdi (Marseille) and Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen)
  • There were also reports claiming that they were negotiating with Marseille for Balerdi, which is not the case.

Newstyle

I want us to do some shrewd signings. Look at Leverkusen this season, signed Grimaldo on a fee, probably worth 40-50m today. They signed 8 players of a net sum of 18m, including Boniface, Hofmann, Tella, Xhaka. Why can’t we?

Dazzmondo

Hard no on this one. In general wouldn't be going near any Brighton players frankly. They've not been impressive defensively or offensively

Ollie Derbyshire

I think it’s fair to suggest that young players who are 18-22, especially from foreign leagues find the PL intensity and relative physicality sometimes very hard to adjust. Rasmus has had purple patches but he’s far from the finished article. The advantage of buying Sesco, he’s young enough to have time to settle, talented enough to compete and offers enough differences to Rasmus.

Sesco is much better with the ball at his feet and linking play, he’s not as quick as Rasmus but he’s not far off and he’s better in the air at a similar height of 6’4. He has a lot of development still however his stats this season are far better than Rasmus last year at Atlanta. He’s got 13 goals and 2 assists in 37 games but most of those are from the bench. He’s got 15 Goal
Involvements in 1713 minutes so he scores or assists ever 114 minutes in CL, BL and German domestic cups. Rasmus this season has 13 goals 2 assists or 15 GI in 35 games, or 15 GI in 2591 or a Goal or an assist every 172 minutes, that’s not good enough to be man united starting number 9, that stat has to be 1 GI in every 90/100 minutes.
This is why the club needs another CF, for competition, to compliment and to ensure that United always have an option from the bench, personally I’d like to see us be serious about the options available and maybe sign 2 yes 2 options here, just here me out for a second?

Here’s the options at CFW;

V Osimhen -Transfer cost £100m/350k p/w cost on 5 year contract would be
(20m T/18m W = £38m per year on books)
Stats P27 G15 A4 GI 19 in 2094 mins
1 Goal or Assist every 120minutes
Age 2 Height 6’2 Pace World Class

Serhou Guirassy - Transfer Cost £16m/150k p/w cost on 4 year contract would be (4m T/7m W = £11m per year)
Stats P25 G27 A2 GI 29 in 1935 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 66 minutes
Age 28 Height 6’2 Pace Elite

Victor Gyokeres - Transfer Cost £85m/200k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (17m T/10m W = £27m per year)
Stats P44 G36 A16 GI 52 in 3643 Minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 70 minutes
Age 25 Height 6’2 Pace Fast enough

Ivan Toney - Transfer Cost
£50m/200k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (10m T/10m W = £20m per year)
Stats P13 G4 A1 GI5 in 1089 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 217 minutes
Age 28 Height 6’1 Pace Quick but not elite

Dominic Solanki - Transfer Cost £55m/160k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (11m T/8m W = £19m per year)
Stats P36 G19 A4 GI23 in 3075 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 133 minutes
Age 26 Height 6’2 Elite Pace

Danny Wellbeck - Transfer Cost
Free/100k per week on a 2 year contract
Would be (4m S/5m W= £9m per year)
Stats P31 G6 A1 GI7 in 1682 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every in 240 minutes
Age 33 Height 6’2 Pace Moderate Now

Joshua Zirkzee Transfer Cost
35m/120k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (7m T/6m W= £13m per year)
Stats P33 G11 A6 GI17 in 2630 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 154 minutes
Age 22 Height 6’4 Elite Build up play

Benjamin Sesco Transfer Cost
42m/80k per week on a 5 year contract
Would be (8m T/5m W= £11m per year)
Stats P35 G13 A2 GI15 in 1713 minutes
1 Goal or Assist every 114 minutes.
Age 20 Height 6’4 Pace Elite

In summary this summer represents the best opportunity to upgrade the CFW position, either by buying an improvement on Rasmus or buying a young talent than can compete and therefore get the most out of Rasmus. Those Fans calling for Danny Wellbeck can see how this is not even an option, even on a free as he would still cost £9m per year on the books with a signing on fee.

The Club should make Osimhen or Victor Gyokeres as their number 1 and 2 target and only if they can not get one of these which will cost either £38m per year on the accounts or £27m should we look at potentially signing Sesko and Guirassy, less than £60m when Guirassy can play across the front free is a no brainer, sell Antony, Sancho, Greenwood and Pellistri for at least £100m, lose £600k per week wages and you’ve saved about £50m per week on the transfer and wages accounts.

Add Michael Olise at £55m and £150k per week which is (11m+7.5m) to Sesco and Guirassy combined cost of £22m per year combined and your actually saving money with improved options in attack of ;
R Hojlund, M Rashford, A Garnaucho,
M Olise, B Sesco, Amad, S Guirassy
or

Buy V Gyokeres and keep Antony or Sancho as I just can’t see too many teams touching their wages and have these options in attack ; R Hojlund, J Sancho, M Rashford, M Olise, V Gyokeres, Amad, Garnaucho remember a new manager might switch to a 352 or 3412 in some games.
I’m fed up of fans saying Rasmus does the graveyard shift and no other striker would score any more, he’s still a prospect has elite potential but does not make the right runs, lets go spend £85m on a guy that scores or assists every 70 minutes not every 170 minutes?
I really hope no one is calling for a Danny Welbeck return. That would be hilarious and horrendous at the same time.

Wrecking ralf

I really get the feeling that Gyokeres is built to be a premier league legend. I’d love us to sign him

binary bot
I might weep if we sign another 29 year old from Madrid - confident it’s bullshit thankfully

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I might weep if we sign another 29 year old from Madrid - confident it’s bullshit thankfully
It's not necessarily BS, but there's mention of serious/advanced interest. Multiple big clubs are interested in Mendy, including the following:

Source (Tier 2):

They're only monitoring him because of Real Madrid's strong interest in Davies. If they do get Davies in the summer, then Mendy may push for a move, which can result in a good deal for one of these interested clubs. With that said, given the competition, I doubt that United will be able to truly attract Mendy.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We'll attract him like we did with Varane and Casemiro with loads of this £.

Hopefully we move on from these disaster in waiting signings.

saik

With that said, given the competition, I doubt that United will be able to truly attract Mendy.
Hopefully he rejects us and goes elsewhere. We don't need another 29-year old overpaid, Madrid reject on the decline. We already have a couple of those that we are needing to replace after just 1 season.