Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

saik

I don't think we should be interested in this lad at all.
I think too but we never know with our club. They probably think getting yet another 29 year old from Real Madrid looking for his last big paycheck will be solution to our left back problems.

Mingus

I think too but we never know with our club. They probably think getting yet another 29 year old from Real Madrid looking for his last big paycheck will be solution to our left back problems.
Unlikely, given Ratcliffe is apparently on record saying that the Casemiro signing was a big mistake due to his age and expense.

It would tide us over until Amass is ready for the 1st team though.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Unlikely, given Ratcliffe is apparently on record saying that the Casemiro signing was a big mistake due to his age and expense.

It would tide us over until Amass is ready for the 1st team though.
Why are a lot of posters acting like it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to make it in the first team?

saik

It's the way of the Caf, every child in our academy is the next big thing.
He is best prospect in an u18 team which has been very dominant this year and the best it has been in sometime.

Ofcourse not everyone will make it, but there are some good talents there out of which Amass is the top one. His attacking play which includes crossing and overlapping runs is already there. The defensive part definitely needs work but he's not terrible at it and is something that will improve with experience. I'm pretty sure the club has plans to integrate him similar to how they integrated Mainoo and Garnacho.

Mingus

Why are a lot of posters acting like it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to make it in the first team?
Nothing's guaranteed I suppose but he's been on the bench for the last two games and he's only just turned 17.

He also has good technique and, much like Mainoo, seems to have all the time in the world.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
You have to be optimistic. What is the point in not talking about Amass as an option? He very clearly is.
I didn't say he's not an option. I said it's not a foregone conclusion that he's going to make it, and we shouldn't be planning the squad under that assumption.

Remember the geese

I didn't say he's not an option. I said it's not a foregone conclusion that he's going to make it, and we shouldn't be planning the squad under that assumption.
Yes we should. We plan around multiple so called "established" players who are absolutely useless. Therefore, there is no problem at all in planning around a talented young left back as a squad option. I was hearing all this shite about Mainoo last summer.

Mingus

I'm sure the club are planning squad building with youth prospects in mind. It would be very weird if they weren't.

There's a number of players in the 18's and younger who look as if they might be quality players.

The coaching staff etc. will have a good idea who could make it, like they did with Mainoo and Garnacho. Look at how much money those two would cost if they weren't nabbed as youth.

redcucumber

Yes we should. We plan around multiple so called "established" players who are absolutely useless. Therefore, there is no problem at all in planning around a talented young left back as a squad option. I was hearing all this shite about Mainoo last summer.
People are proper wimps when it comes to giving youth a chance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
People are proper wimps when it comes to giving youth a chance.
That’s a bit out of order. There’s nothing wrong with a bit of realism. The lad literally turned 17 last month. Would people not let him develop naturally and the coaching team will decide when he’s ready. Everything else is just adding unnecessary pressure to the lad

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:

There's no clear standout managerial candidate to potentially replace ten Hag should they need to move on from him.

peridigm

Tier 1:

There's no clear standout managerial candidate to potentially replace ten Hag should they need to move on from him.
"Erik, we've contacted the individuals you submitted on your resume. They've never heard of you. Care to explain?"

Dannn411

Would take Tuchel over the others being touted (Potter, Southgate, de Zerbi). Won a champions league not long ago so has good credentials.
Also overseen the worst Bayern team in a decade. A team that will likely end up trophyless in what has traditionally been a one-team league (Bayern). Its like losing the title in France or the equivalent of finishing bottom half with a big 6 team in England.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 4):
Castello Lukeba, who has enjoyed a fine season with Leipzig, is being actively pursued by Manchester United. Chelsea have been making enquiries in recent days about the French international, who has a €70m release clause until 2025.

Reyoji-Utd

Not following him much Tomas Tuchel, but was once up there with the best managers. Is he a bad manager? How his football play? Is it just the teams that he been with all have some type of problems and leads to his departure within couple years?

jesperjaap

Source (Tier 4):
Mnetioned him last summer,left sidedonly reason wouldnt have signed him,but the injuries wehave there, may be different. Still cant believe there wasnt ahost of teams in for him, £30m odd due to his contract, better than Braithwaite for me

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Yeah he can enjoy his gardening leave and WhatsApp the team and help where he can. 20 million is fecking stupid. If we believe in him long term then we can wait.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Was only a matter of time till we were linked with Tuchel. Kind of an obvious choice.
Probably the only obvious choice tbh.

I don't like him, I don't think he's as good as others think and he's inevitably gonna fall out with the higher ups in short order but he's probably the best qualified manager available at the minute, it's not a deep pool.

Think it'll be between us and Liverpool for him and the loser gets Southgate.