Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Dazzmondo

I'm sure most on here would love Rashford sold but I think it would more likely be a mistake. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's excellent again under a new manager and system like Tuchel. Don't think it's possible for us to replace an in-form Rashford with a player of equivalent talent.

Remember the geese

I'm sure most on here would love Rashford sold but I think it would more likely be a mistake. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's excellent again under a new manager and system like Tuchel. Don't think it's possible for us to replace an in-form Rashford with a player of equivalent talent.
We don't need a player of equivalent talent. We just need to play Garnacho there and sign a useful player to back him up. Like what Arsenal have going on with Martinelli and Trossard.

Monks_United

Would likely add Martinez and Dalot in the list of players we should not be selling. Everyone else should be for sale at the right price ! Maybe we finally get the mass clear out 5 seasons too late. Would certainly endear the INEOS leadership to the fans.

FujiVice

Would likely add Martinez and Dalot in the list of players we should not be selling. Everyone else should be for sale at the right price ! Maybe we finally get the mass clear out 5 seasons too late. Would certainly endear the INEOS leadership to the fans.
Dalot and Martinez are players who you'd only sell if there was stupid money in for them. Mainoo and Garnacho are other level "hands off" players. Dalot and Martinez arent for sale, but if the offers were mental, well ...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Should have happened years ago. We have to sacrifice a year or 2 to turn this shower of shit around.

Dazzmondo

We don't need a player of equivalent talent. We just need to play Garnacho there and sign a useful player to back him up. Like what Arsenal have going on with Martinelli and Trossard.
I think it'll still be a couple more years before Garnacho becomes that 20 goal a season player. Right now, aside from Bruno, Rashford's really our only player that consistently gets those type of numbers (even if he's had a really bad season).

Martinelli scored 15 league goals last season (and in general is very underrated imo), Odegaard scored 15 league goals, Saka scored 14, Jesus 11. This season Havertz has stepped up with 12 league goals, Trossard has 10. We absolutely do not have this spread of goals among our players.

Our top scorer in the league this season after Bruno is Hojlund with 8, followed by 7 from a terribly out of form Rashford. Selling Marcus would make us worse imo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We've seen what level we're at without him, we need a player capable of Rashford's output who isn't going to regress every other season to a sub-10 goal attacker, unfortunately Rashford has proven he can't be trusted. I wouldn't actually be shocked if Rashford pushes for a move anyway, he looks done with United.

Dazzmondo

We've seen what level we're at without him, we need a player capable of Rashford's output who isn't going to regress every other season to a sub-10 goal attacker, unfortunately Rashford has proven he can't be trusted. I wouldn't actually be shocked if Rashford pushes for a move anyway, he looks done with United.
That would be great but it's a lot easier said than done. Good luck magically finding a 30+ goal a season winger, who's happy to join a non-CL club that also fits within our budget

Remember the geese

I think it'll still be a couple more years before Garnacho becomes that 20 goal a season player. Right now, aside from Bruno, Rashford's really our only player that consistently gets those type of numbers (even if he's had a really bad season).

Martinelli scored 15 league goals last season (and in general is very underrated imo), Odegaard scored 15 league goals, Saka scored 14, Jesus 11. This season Havertz has stepped up with 12 league goals, Trossard has 10. We absolutely do not have this spread of goals among our players.

Our top scorer in the league this season after Bruno is Hojlund with 8, followed by 7 from a terribly out of form Rashford. Selling Marcus would make us worse imo.
Like you say, Martinelli isn't a consistent big scorer and Arsenal have coped just fine. So we need to improve on what you have said. The spread of goals among our players.

SteveCoppellFan

Apart from a few youngsters and maybe Bruno, we need a whole new squad.

A bunch of players have over stayed their welcome for years now, time to draw a line under this nonsense.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The full article has more interesting info in it (Tier 1):

Most notably, the sales will really help with spending big on new players. Currently, United can spend, but don't expect them to pay big fees for new players unless they sell some of their existing ones. United are also looking for a buyer for Jadon Sancho, so regardless of the managerial situation, he seems to be up for sale.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Apart from a few youngsters and maybe Bruno, we need a whole new squad.

A bunch of players have over stayed their welcome for years now, time to draw a line under this nonsense.
If a decent offer comes in for Bruno sell him too

SER19

Most notably, the sales will really help with spending big on new players. Currently, United can spend, but don't expect them to pay big fees for new players unless they sell some of their existing ones. United are also looking for a buyer for Jadon Sancho, so regardless of the managerial situation, he seems to be up for sale.
I wonder what we could get from players we expect to leave. Varane and Martial leave with a large wage bill, Greenwood and Sancho we'd do well to get 50-60m for the pair considering our weak position. Obviously there are plenty of candidates to leave on top of that so we should be able to get around 100m or so in player sales without losing anybody too hard to let go.

That said, Im not fussed about budget this year. Hopefully Ineos give us a window of well scouted, under the radar talent got for decent fees.

AltiUn

That would be great but it's a lot easier said than done. Good luck magically finding a 30+ goal a season winger, who's happy to join a non-CL club that also fits within our budget
It's not really magic though, is it? That's what good scouting is for. It's all good and well you saying that but Rashford, more often than not, isn't a 30 goal a season winger so we're at the same impasse. We can either try and rectify that or just hope Rashford decides to have a season where he scores more than 8 goals, which is a lot more realistic in theory than practicality based on the last 3 years.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Slightly more info:

United will also take in offers for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, which means that he's up for sale.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

The silence will be deafening.

Dazzmondo

It's not really magic though, is it? That's what good scouting is for. It's all good and well you saying that but Rashford, more often than not, isn't a 30 goal a season winger so we're at the same impasse. We can either try and rectify that or just hope Rashford decides to have a season where he scores more than 8 goals, which is a lot more realistic in theory than practicality based on the last 3 years.
There are very few players in the world that can get 30+ goals a season. No amount of good scouting can find that consistently. Rashford is more often than not a 20+ goal a season winger, having reached that number in 3 of the last 5 seasons. Even finding a 20+ goal a season winger will be very difficult. Even with good scouting where we might find a winger that could eventually reach that level, there's almost no chance they're going to come in and achieve that next season. Any player that would be capable of doing that is already very well known and would cost a fortune (which we don't have due to our reckless spending).

I think a lot of times fans that don't watch much football outside of Utd are a bit out of touch with reality tbh. They seem to think there are far more elite players out there than there actually are. Some lunatic said we should sell Bruno here also. Absolute insanity.

Blood Mage

The Glazers have run the club into the ground financially and it makes me sick that they will face zero consequences for it. We were one of the richest clubs in the world.

Blood Mage

There are very few players in the world that can get 30+ goals a season. No amount of good scouting can find that consistently. Rashford is more often than not a 20+ goal a season winger, having reached that number in 3 of the last 5 seasons. Even finding a 20+ goal a season winger will be very difficult. Even with good scouting where we might find a winger that could eventually reach that level, there's almost no chance they're going to come in and achieve that next season. Any player that would be capable of doing that is already very well known and would cost a fortune (which we don't have due to our reckless spending).

I think a lot of times fans that don't watch much football outside of Utd are a bit out of touch with reality tbh. They seem to think there are far more elite players out there than there actually are. Some lunatic said we should sell Bruno here also. Absolute insanity.
United's fanbase suffers from **** of the manager syndrome which is what leads to this weird desire to bin off our whole squad before considering binning the manager.

SER19

Tier 2:

Slightly more info:

United will also take in offers for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, which means that he's up for sale.
Brainthwaite, Tapsoba, Martinez, Maguire. Thats a decent 4 CB options with emerging Kambwala. Out with Varane and Lindelof.

the_cliff

Brainthwaite, Tapsoba, Martinez, Maguire. Thats a decent 4 CB options with emerging Kambwala. Out with Varane and Lindelof.
Maguires brother, weirdly enough was at the NLD. There's been murmurs of Spurs interest for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

Remember the geese

Rashford is more often than not a 20+ goal a season winger, having reached that number in 3 of the last 5 seasons.
He's had two seasons where he's hit 17 league goals. Outside of that, his best is 11. This will be the fifth season of his career where he will be in single figures for league goals.

AltiUn

All fair points, but I reiterate, based on recent history it's unlikely Rashford is going to hit 20 goals next season, never mind 30 and this season (and the season under Solskjaer / Rangnick) has shown what our level is without that output. The output already needs replacing because Rashford isn't offering it. We can plod on for another few seasons with Rashford if we wish but until we have some consistent output in our front line then we're never going to be taken seriously and will likely just continue our slide down the table. It's probably a moot conversation anyway because due to Rashford's inconsistency, which we're suffering with at the moment, no club will go near him with a 10 foot barge pole.
United's fanbase suffers from **** of the manager syndrome which is what leads to this weird desire to bin off our whole squad before considering binning the manager.
I've advocated for getting rid of Ten Hag for over a year now, my feelings of Rashford and a lot of the squad are independent of each manager at this point. Conversely, a large majority of posters seem to completely absolve all our players of any blame whatsoever because the manager's poor. We've binned off multiple managers and most of the underperforming culprits have survived each time.

SER19

Maguires brother, weirdly enough was at the NLD. There's been murmurs of Spurs interest for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.
Ya me neither. I think one of him or varane is worth keeping as an experieced sub and maguire just has a better injury record.

Dazzmondo

Sounds like Tah and Hincapie are going in the summer. Doubt Leverkusen would let Tapsoba go too. I'd be pretty interested in Hincapie tbh. Very good and can play both cb and lb to a high level. The right age profile for us too.

Dazzmondo

All fair points, but I reiterate, based on recent history it's unlikely Rashford is going to hit 20 goals next season, never mind 30 and this season (and the season under Solskjaer / Rangnick) has shown what our level is without that output. The output already needs replacing because Rashford isn't offering it. We can plod on for another few seasons with Rashford if we wish but until we have some consistent output in our front line then we're never going to be taken seriously and will likely just continue our slide down the table. It's probably a moot conversation anyway because due to Rashford's inconsistency, which we're suffering with at the moment, no club will go near him with a 10 foot barge pole.
Why would Rashford be unlikely to get 20 goals? Everyone wanted Rashford sold before last season and he went on to score 30 goals and near single handedly got us CL football. You can criticise his performances this season all you want but let's not rewrite history and act like Rashford wasn't one of the best players in the league the prior season. I'm sure plenty of big clubs would be interested in Rashford. All of PSG, Real, Barca and Bayern have shown interest in signing him in the past.

gajender

Why would Rashford be unlikely to get 20 goals? Everyone wanted Rashford sold before last season and he went on to score 30 goals and near single handedly got us CL football. You can criticise his performances this season all you want but let's not rewrite history and act like Rashford wasn't one of the best players in the league the prior season. I'm sure plenty of big clubs would be interested in Rashford. All of PSG, Real, Barca and Bayern have shown interest in signing him in the past.
Well it looks like we are putting it out there we would listen to offers for him , let's see whether any interest from these Clubs actually materializes .

AltiUn

Because in 2 out of his last 3 seasons he hasn't got 20 goals, so trends would suggest he's unlikely to get 20 goals next year.

saik

If it's anything more than 40m, I hope we stay clear of Branthwaite. I don't rate him that highly but it's also going to be unfair pressure on him if we make him a high profile signing.