Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezpeza

We just need to find somebody to take them
Its always difficult with wages. But also, have to look at it from total cost point of view - if we hold out for loads of transfer fee it makes the buying clubs life a lot harder because they have the high wages and the transfer fee to contend with so the total cost of the deal is pushed up. Its probably a leading factor in why we have been unable to sell players for any sort of fee or even at all. If we are all in for a cultural reset we may have to look at savings on wages as well as transfer fees in.

Like if Varane, Martial, Casemiro, Eriksen, Maguire, Antony and Rashford left thats about 93 million a year of the books in wages

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You get Transfer listed !
You get Transfer listed !
Everyone gets Transfer listed !

Juicy Juiced

No idea how we could ever sell Antony, has a crap attitude, doesn't perform, on wages that are way higher than his talent deserves!
Sometimes we need to take a L and move a player. No point of keeping him here he doesn't have anr redeeming quality.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Tier 1:

Brailsford is just presenting United's long-term vision to our targets. He's not involved in the financial side of things, so he's just trying to convince the players to join United based on INEOS's project.
Should we be worried that he’s not a football guy?

binary bot
As decent as Ollie Watkins is, it’d be a daft signing when you consider his age against the price we’d have to pay

BuzzKillington

Because we dont need a no.10 or a spare one and we dont need a striker and we will sign another striker this summer. Why do you need a shit nothing midfielder to ‘provide goalthreat off the bench’? All that will happen is you’ll end up playing him as a 6 again and he’ll be going missing up field again. If you read my post properly, i’m simply pondering the economics around who should be our 4th or ideally 5th choice central midfielder next year
Ok on the McTominay part, I’ve defended him in the past but I can agree he’s of limited use to us. However, his goals this season are directly responsible for 12 points. Without them we’d be in 14th.

I just don’t understand why anyone would want to spend any money at all on Amrabat. You could pin a list of midfielders available for £10m up and throw a dart at it, and whoever it landed on would be a better midfielder than Amrabat. He’s so far out of his depth at United it’s unreal. The other poster who said we’ve already spent money on him so why not a little more, is just sunk cost fallacy. Sell both by all means, but there is no justification for selling McTominay and using part of those funds to buy Amrabat.

Red_toad

Believe it all apart from the Watkins rumour, why would he leave Villa for us, that’s how poor we are right now.
We're not going for him, around 100 million fee and 28 years old at a club that will be playing CL football next season.
I'd say Sesko is our target after seeing his agent was at the Arsenal game. Or Toney if we get Frank in as manager.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

Ed also mentions that United got in touch with McKenna's representatives, so they're certainly doing more than just monitoring his situation.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think there is enough concrete manager links now to confirm to me that INEOS have decided to sack Ten Hag end of the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tier 2:

Ed also mentions that United got in touch with McKenna's representatives, so they're certainly doing more than just monitoring his situation.
Two exceptionally well run clubs targeting him tells you everything you need to know.

Dannn411

We just need to find somebody to take them
If its truly a firesale, all these players will find new homes. We just need to see the gains from a wages perspective than a salary perspective and crash our asking price.

Dannn411

Tier 2:

Makes a firesale/clearout even more critical if he's the one being hired. He needs to work with players who will listen to him because if its the same group of players, it will crash and burn quickly.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Makes a firesale/clearout even more critical if he's the one being hired. He needs to work with players who will listen to him because if its the same group of players, it will crash and burn quickly.
Exactly. McKenna is all about improving players, that is why he was such a good youth team coach. Last thing he needs is players who think they have achieved everything and know everything. He needs players who want to get better, are hungry to learn and desperately want to win things. They would still need a bit of experience in there, so it will be vital they keep the right characters of current squad and ditch the ones with the wrong attitude. I bet the meetings with the players was actually an eye opener as to who the s**t stirrers are.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was reading about the reaction of Barca fans to Xavi's snub of Vitor Roque, who they recently signed ahead of other big clubs but then barely played. He might be an option for us, as it looks like he could be leaving.
Yeah, United have even started to monitor his situation, so there's a chance that we may go in for him this summer.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Omg! Watkins would be an absolute dream! I would muppet hard for that guy, I think he’d combine beautifully with Rashford and Garnacho. :drool:
Correct decisions on Eriksen and Antony too. The good news just keeps coming. What a summer it’s going to be!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Should we be worried that he’s not a football guy?
I don’t think so. He’s simply selling the INEOS ethos and vision to prospective signings. He’s there to give it the big sell on the future project. He’s not deciding who to target and he isn’t negotiating the money. Football barely comes in to it to be honest.

Jezpeza

Ok on the McTominay part, I’ve defended him in the past but I can agree he’s of limited use to us. However, his goals this season are directly responsible for 12 points. Without them we’d be in 14th.

I just don’t understand why anyone would want to spend any money at all on Amrabat. You could pin a list of midfielders available for £10m up and throw a dart at it, and whoever it landed on would be a better midfielder than Amrabat. He’s so far out of his depth at United it’s unreal. The other poster who said we’ve already spent money on him so why not a little more, is just sunk cost fallacy. Sell both by all means, but there is no justification for selling McTominay and using part of those funds to buy Amrabat.
Amrabat hasnt really played and looked okay in a deeper midfield against Arsenal. If his purchase is 21mil and we already paid 9 of it then for 12 mil its worth completing in my opinion as we have a body in for midfield and can sell mctominay and use Whats left for other business.

Harry winks dropped to the championship for 12 mil after a failed loan in italy. Not really sure what anyone thinks we would get for that kind of money

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 3:
  • Lack of clear communication has irritated multiple players
    • Feeling that the older, more experienced players are being pushed out of the team
    • Feeling of uncertainty among the players about the club's future
  • When Fernandes met with senior execs last week, he felt more assured about his and the club's future.
    • No contract discussions in this meeting
  • Fernandes is looking for a new contract with a pay rise that'll put him on similar terms to Rashford
    • Rashford's current salary: approx. £300k/week
    • Bruno's current salary: less than £250k/week
  • INEOS want to reduce the overall wages, so they're currently reluctant to offer Bruno such a lucrative contract

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tuchel's definitely not going but they're also still replacing him. Talk about hedging your bets Florian.
I don't see any bet-hedging here. All he's saying is that Tuchel's the guy that Bayern Munich are working on. If Tuchel himself decides not to renew, then they'll make a stronger push for ten Hag and de Zerbi.

RuudTom83

One of ETH favourites. Surely this, if true, is a indication that ETH hasn't got long here?
I think Antony only has something like 3 starts in 2024.

In the league...
Antony has 1332 mins
Rashford has 2263 mins
Garnacho has 2486 mins

Antony has not been a favourite for a long time, I believe both club and manager would let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.