Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

caid

A chunk of Rashford's wage is marketing value. Wage's aren't tied exclusively to footballing value anymore. 250k is a lot.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If 13 million a year for finishing outside champions league position in 2 of last 3 season is not enough than what it is and its not like he has been on top of the game whole time :wenger:
Indeed. Not like it’s a team sport, is it?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
World of difference between paying Bruno a decent amount for his efforts and spending £85m on Antony or signing Alexis fecking Sanchez. But don’t let that get in the way of your hyperbole however.
Nope, paying players silly money that they wouldn't get elsewhere is all part of the same problem. You were probably one of those saying "just pay whatever it takes" when we were signing the likes of Antony.

lysglimt

Scout
If 13 million a year for finishing outside champions league position in 2 of last 3 season is not enough than what it is and its not like he has been on top of the game whole time :wenger:
he is still head and shoulders above everyone else in our side

Vidooq

A chunk of Rashford's wage is marketing value. Wage's aren't tied exclusively to footballing value anymore. 250k is a lot.
That's the problem inherited by Woodward. Are you marketing good, big IG base? Yeah, give him extra.

big_jeffstar

Watch Luke Shaw stay fully fit and on top form next year to ensure the new guy doesn't get a sniff. Then he'll return to the norm once the new guy becomes average due to not playing.
I was saying this to my mate the other day, if Malacia was fit now.. Shaw would be too, he gets such an easy ride on here really

Bertie Wooster

I think this is where the club needs to start taking the long-term approach. All the rumours recently have then just been about him wanting a new long term deal when he's turning 30 this year and to get a raise. We should definitely not be doing that. He's got a deal until '26 with a year option.

I love him, he's outstanding at times, but he's also had plenty of poor matches this season and we really need to wait until the vision is defined and whether he fits into it or not. Regardless of that, we don't need to give him a new contract. We need to sell Rashford and clear Casemiro and Eriksen from the wage bill (Maguire too).
Yep. Completely agree.

The reported reducing of the wage bill - and making smarter financial decisions rather than throwing huge sums at wages and inflated transfer fees - makes good sense and is long overdue. I'll be happy if Bruno stays on his current deal, but giving a pay rise to a 29 year old who already has a lengthy contract and high wages isn't the way we should do things anymore.

They need to stick to their guns and bring the wage bill down. Sell / release a lot of the underperforming higher earners; Renegotiate with any when it's time for a new contract in line with the new policy; And only sign the players who are happy to sign in that wage bracket, rather than just coming for the old crazy offers we made out of desperation.

AneRu

I think it’s the best time to sell. Older more experienced players feeling pushed out. Are they surprised?
He effectively has three years left on his deal and is on the verge of turning 30. What long term deal is he looking for? If he’s not happy with his current deal, bring offers.
This should be a litmus test for the new Admin, if they fall for this shit then it will be years and years before we become a serious football outfit. The only renegotiation I would entertain is to turn his deal into a heavily incentivised one where if he maintains high standards in terms of creativity and effort metrics he earns upwards of 300k but if he doesn't he earns a basic of 200k.

If Rashford attracts a buyer we should just sell because it's clear his contract is fast becoming a reference point for all other players and if they outperform him they will want parity or to earn more. This is akin to what Sanchez was for us which led Woodward to then offer the likes of Martial crazy wages they hadn't and never merited since then.

Another thing is that if we do hire a young manager with a view to build for the next five years then we should sell most of the old guard so that we have a young team that comes to it's peak concurrently. Such a strategy won't suit Bruno and we should be open with him and accept offers if can find suitable ones.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Try not being a miserable negative malcontent about EVERYTHING or maybe get a different hobby so you can feck off and post on a different forum where we aren’t blighted by your constant moaning and naysaying.
Yeah you've tried this 'negative' thing before. In the end I was just right (as usual). And you were wrong.

Woziak

If Bruno wants £300k+ per week as much as I like and loathe this guy in equal amounts, we should sell, ask for £100m, we know the Saudis will pay that, other option is Bayern possibly, we would need a proven replacement, I’d go for three players, Morgan Gibbs White for £50m, Angel Gomez(18m) and Emille Smithe Rowe (30m) all could play in different positions if not Emille Smith Row, I’d go get Alex Scott or Enzo Le Fay.

Lots of options nowadays on the market which it’s why it’s not time to give into any players demands any more!

Woziak

Yep. Completely agree.

The reported reducing of the wage bill - and making smarter financial decisions rather than throwing huge sums at wages and inflated transfer fees - makes good sense and is long overdue. I'll be happy if Bruno stays on his current deal, but giving a pay rise to a 29 year old who already has a lengthy contract and high wages isn't the way we should do things anymore.

They need to stick to their guns and bring the wage bill down. Sell / release a lot of the underperforming higher earners; Renegotiate with any when it's time for a new contract in line with the new policy; And only sign the players who are happy to sign in that wage bracket, rather than just coming for the old crazy offers we made out of desperation.
He’s not 29, next season he’ll be 30 in September this year, time to sell if we get a massive offer.

Jonesno.8

Apologies to stray away from the Bruno worth/ not worth it argument but what's this Tosin fella from Fulham like. Can I assume its the usual, on a free, CB, United must be interested narrative Am I answering my own question by saying his name doesn't stand out from our games with them?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If Bruno wants £300k+ per week as much as I like and loathe this guy in equal amounts, we should sell, ask for £100m, we know the Saudis will pay that, other option is Bayern possibly, we would need a proven replacement, I’d go for three players, Morgan Gibbs White for £50m, Angel Gomez(18m) and Emille Smithe Rowe (30m) all could play in different positions if not Emille Smith Row, I’d go get Alex Scott or Enzo Le Fay.

Lots of options nowadays on the market which it’s why it’s not time to give into any players demands any more!
Jesus Christ no and no. What a horrendous downgrade those two would be.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Bruno is the heartbeat of the team. He sets the standards, so should he rewarded. He's in his prime, he's our captain, fecking pay him.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Tier 3:
  • Lack of clear communication has irritated multiple players
    • Feeling that the older, more experienced players are being pushed out of the team
    • Feeling of uncertainty among the players about the club's future
  • When Fernandes met with senior execs last week, he felt more assured about his and the club's future.
    • No contract discussions in this meeting
  • Fernandes is looking for a new contract with a pay rise that'll put him on similar terms to Rashford
    • Rashford's current salary: approx. £300k/week
    • Bruno's current salary: less than £250k/week
  • INEOS want to reduce the overall wages, so they're currently reluctant to offer Bruno such a lucrative contract
Giving Bruno a long term contract on huge wages would be as much of a disaster as our contract extension for Rooney was or us giving a 4 year contract to Casemiro when he joined. This guy is going to be 30 at the beginning of the next season and his current contract has 2 years remaining plus has an option for another year. His all action play style is surely taxing on his body and there is every chance he can fall of a cliff as age and mileage catches up with him.

Let's see if INEOS are as stupid as the previous regime, or we can expect something different from them.

gajender

Bruno is the heartbeat of the team. He sets the standards, so should he rewarded. He's in his prime, he's our captain, fecking pay him.
Thing is ever since he became heartbeat of the team our standards have been slipping further and further , we have almost become desensitised to taking hammering against our Direct rivals and any team in the league can embarrass us and have been doing it ever so regularly .

Also We regularly get shown up in Champions league if we manage to qualify and are on course to have our worst ever season in PL and he has some nerve to demand pay rise amidst all this with effectively having 3 years still on his contract , tell him politely to get on with the job if he has any issues then thank him for his service and ask him to bring in Offers we will survive just fine .

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nope, paying players silly money that they wouldn't get elsewhere is all part of the same problem. You were probably one of those saying "just pay whatever it takes" when we were signing the likes of Antony.
There's many of those on here.
Insisting we pay the extra millions as it's not their money. Incapable of understanding there's not an unlimited pot and we'll get massive problems trying to get rid later.

Woziak

He's 29 until he becomes 30
Doesn’t work that way all next season he’ll be 30 not 29, his days of playing PL football at 29 are gone bar one weekend in August 2024, time to cash in while we can
Saudi will give him £500k per week I’m sure .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They can only get better and improve, Bruno will start to decline next summer at 31?
Sure, it would be a hell of a long time before they ever crossed paths on performance and I'm personally not a fan of Gibbs-White. Smith-Rowe is another injury prone player as well. I'd prefer if we sold Bruno to stick with Mount and go for someone like Martin Baturina. Invest more heavily in an able deputy to Hojlund and Neves.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Thing is ever since he has become heartbeat of the team our standards have been slipping further and further , we have almost become desensitised to taking hammering against our Direct rivals and any team in the league can embarrass us and have been doing it ever so regularly
Bit of recency bias here I think. We were dire going forward before we bought Bruno, absolutely dire.

If you mean more generally, I think we’ve been on a downward spiral for a long time, not much of that is attributable to Bruno.

He can be frustrating sometimes, for various reasons, but his effort and output on the pitch can’t be questioned. He also conducts himself, off the pitch, in a manner befitting a United captain (in complete contrast to some of his on pitch histrionics!).

I think the court of public opinion is too quick to jump on him, and it’s easy to get sucked in by it (I know I have before), if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture you should see the positives far outweigh the occasional negatives.

As for his salary, if that’s even an issue, that’s none of my business.

If there are issues a sensible approach might be to allow him to go elsewhere if he can find a buyer who’ll improve his salary and pay us what we deem to be fair (both being true would be optimistic to say the least). If not he has a contract that he’s signed and needs to honour.

Woziak

Sure, it would be a hell of a long time before they ever crossed paths on performance and I'm personally not a fan of Gibbs-White. Smith-Rowe is another injury prone player as well. I'd prefer if we sold Bruno to stick with Mount and go for someone like Martin Baturina. Invest more heavily in an able deputy to Hojlund and Neves.
The England under 21 are champions of Europe, Antony and Palmer are starting to emerge, the actually star man of that team was Morgan Gibbs white who played false 9 as well as number 10 or as an 8, Emille smith Rose also scored two goals in that tournament as the boys won 7 out of 7 with Angel Gomes playing as DLP/6 and James Garner playing as CM or right back, we let both go for peanuts.

I’m fed up of foreign mercenaries that can’t adjust, don’t work hard enough and think they have superior touch and talent, those days are gone, young British players now are technically as good as anyone in world football, Chelsea paid £40m for an ex man united fan who played for City, who is guess, English and he’s just got 32 GI in his first season while we paid £82.5m and £10m per year for a player who could spend 10 years at our club and still not get those sort of numbers, Antony is the death of the foreign import player now, no one will ever pay anything over £50-60m unless these guys are an absolute sure bet!

That’s why I actually believe if 75-80% of the team is British with absolute elite foreign players complimenting the majority we’ll be successful again. We need to find the next young superstar whose English, listen we might already have him in Lacey, Wheatley, Ibragimov, Kai Rooney, Finley Macalister.

I want English spoken, an English bulldog spirit which is normally synergistic with United never say die attitude.

I don’t disapprove of Martin Baturina or Benjamin Sesco, my wife is Balkan so I have a huge insight into Balkan football and I’ve watched many games in Slovenia and Croatia, their football mad and there are some real hidden gem of players not yet discovered, but we should have 16/17 british players and 9 or 10 from other countries.

Currently we have 17/18 non British and 9/10 British need a complete swap round to get the culture back to what it was. I’d almost include Scandinavians and some of the Benelux in that British culture, similar traits, physical strong, adapt quickly to the British game, I mean Haaland is more British than most players in the EPL, both him and KDB are completely adapted to British game just like Ronnie Johnson, Ole and Blomquest did.

I really believe language is key to communication from player to player and coach to player and I agree Bruno speaks many languages fluently, I’m not against keeping him, he gets a rough deal but if someone offers you £100m you sell in a heartbeat.

OmarUnited4ever

Tier 3:
  • Lack of clear communication has irritated multiple players
    • Feeling that the older, more experienced players are being pushed out of the team
    • Feeling of uncertainty among the players about the club's future
  • When Fernandes met with senior execs last week, he felt more assured about his and the club's future.
    • No contract discussions in this meeting
  • Fernandes is looking for a new contract with a pay rise that'll put him on similar terms to Rashford
    • Rashford's current salary: approx. £300k/week
    • Bruno's current salary: less than £250k/week
  • INEOS want to reduce the overall wages, so they're currently reluctant to offer Bruno such a lucrative contract
his current deal runs till June 2026, with 1 year option, why now ask for a new contract? Ineos should tell him to stay quite, or find a club that will buy him for a fee that INEOS like (maybe 70-80M) or else, stay on your current deal as club captain and someone who is obviously in the club's future plans.

Players need to be told there is a new management, and new deals will not be handed like candy.

Longlivekeano

Release at end of contract/sell
- varane
-casemiro
- martial
- j evans
- maguire (20m pounds)
-Lindelof (10m pounds)
- Wan bissaka (15m pounds)
- Malacia (5 m pounds)
- eriksen
-Sancho (40m pounds)
- Rashford (50m pounds)
- Donny van der beek (3m pounds)

Rebuild with:
- new GK
- new CB
- new LB
- new DM

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The England under 21 are champions of Europe, Antony and Palmer are starting to emerge, the actually star man of that team was Morgan Gibbs white who played false 9 as well as number 10 or as an 8, Emille smith Rose also scored two goals in that tournament as the boys won 7 out of 7 with Angel Gomes playing as DLP/6 and James Garner playing as CM or right back, we let both go for peanuts.

I’m fed up of foreign mercenaries that can’t adjust, don’t work hard enough and think they have superior touch and talent, those days are gone, young British players now are technically as good as anyone in world football, Chelsea paid £40m for an ex man united fan who played for City, who is guess, English and he’s just got 32 GI in his first season while we paid £82.5m and £10m per year for a player who could spend 10 years at our club and still not get those sort of numbers, Antony is the death of the foreign import player now, no one will ever pay anything over £50-60m unless these guys are an absolute sure bet!

That’s why I actually believe if 75-80% of the team is British with absolute elite foreign players complimenting the majority we’ll be successful again. We need to find the next young superstar whose English, listen we might already have him in Lacey, Wheatley, Ibragimov, Kai Rooney, Finley Macalister.

I want English spoken, an English bulldog spirit which is normally synergistic with United never say die attitude.

I don’t disapprove of Martin Baturina or Benjamin Sesco, my wife is Balkan so I have a huge insight into Balkan football and I’ve watched many games in Slovenia and Croatia, their football mad and there are some real hidden gem of players not yet discovered, but we should have 16/17 british players and 9 or 10 from other countries.

Currently we have 17/18 non British and 9/10 British need a complete swap round to get the culture back to what it was. I’d almost include Scandinavians and some of the Benelux in that British culture, similar traits, physical strong, adapt quickly to the British game, I mean Haaland is more British than most players in the EPL, both him and KDB are completely adapted to British game just like Ronnie Johnson, Ole and Blomquest did.

I really believe language is key to communication from player to player and coach to player and I agree Bruno speaks many languages fluently, I’m not against keeping him, he gets a rough deal but if someone offers you £100m you sell in a heartbeat.
I agree those players have done well, but watching Gibbs-White in the league, I am really not impressed. He's terrier like for sure, but he definitely isn't the quality needed and spending £50M would be negligent. I'd prefer Smith Rowe in quality and style, but he's not reliable. If we are going down the route of British, I think those two would be poor choices, I don't disagree with your general point though about squad structure.

Woziak

I agree those players have done well, but watching Gibbs-White in the league, I am really not impressed. He's terrier like for sure, but he definitely isn't the quality needed and spending £50M would be negligent. I'd prefer Smith Rowe in quality and style, but he's not reliable. If we are going down the route of British, I think those two would be poor choices, I don't disagree with your general point though about squad structure.
Angel Gomez back ideal as Mainoo type player as the 8, great on the ball clever in tight spaces and in last year of contract so £17m, then I’d go get Adam Wharton at £60m and finally sign Ross Barkley on 2 year contract for free because We won’t get Adrien Rabiot but those three this summer added to Mainoo, Mount, Mctominay, Bruno would be more than enough plus there a 17 year old lad called Finley Macalister who turns 18 in July that will be playing for the first team within 2 years and this is captain of the current all conquering youth team.

Juicy Juiced

No one in Europe is matching his wages let alone giving him a bigger one. We should call his bluff or send him to Saudis if he wants to go there.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

If someone offers us that it would double the £47m we paid for him 4 years ago, so you’d need to be stark raving mad to turn that amount down for a player 4 years older

MDFC Manager

If someone offers us that it would double the £47m we paid for him 4 years ago, so you’d need to be stark raving mad to turn that amount down for a player 4 years older
If we have only 2 options, sell him for 40m or keep him and give a 300k p/w contract extension, the sensible approach would be to take the first option and run. We've enough overpaid unsellable players already, no need to add another, who's decline has already started.

redNATION

That’s Real Madrid level of business judgment, which means we’ll screw it up as usual. Real even managed to get roughly the price they paid for Ronaldo from Juve, you absolutely sell players in the final years of their contract if they’re getting old, unless it’s someone like Messi.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If we have only 2 options, sell him for 40m or keep him and give a 300k p/w contract extension, the sensible approach would be to take the first option and run. We've enough overpaid unsellable players already, no need to add another, who's decline has already started.
First big test for the INEOS team as far as transfers are concerned, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.