Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Tier 3:
  • Lack of clear communication has irritated multiple players
    • Feeling that the older, more experienced players are being pushed out of the team
    • Feeling of uncertainty among the players about the club's future
  • When Fernandes met with senior execs last week, he felt more assured about his and the club's future.
    • No contract discussions in this meeting
  • Fernandes is looking for a new contract with a pay rise that'll put him on similar terms to Rashford
    • Rashford's current salary: approx. £300k/week
    • Bruno's current salary: less than £250k/week
  • INEOS want to reduce the overall wages, so they're currently reluctant to offer Bruno such a lucrative contract
Sell Rashford, give Bruno a small raise (but not a long term contract).

If ineos bend over and pander to both, we're fecked for the next few years, yet again.

RuudTom83

Bruno basically said he wants to stay at United and will stay for as long as the club wants him....

Kinda amazing how many stories the fake journos have managed to create from it. Quality BS.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Good. Senior players should maybe take a look at the league table before getting irritated.

hobbers

Nice to know Bayern would rather rehire a manager they sacked a few weeks ago than even consider Ten Hag.

cj_sparky

Bruno's 29, his current deal runs until 2026 and has an option for a further year. He can want better terms all he likes, but he shouldn't get them and that is with me believing he is one of our more important players.

To be honest I'm not sure anyone at the club earning above £120k deserves what they are currently on.

Leg-End

Bad timing to be up in arms about contracts, shite season, new owners with plans but time required to get people in place. Plenty of time on his deal, if he ain't happy then go find a club to pay you more than we currently do, it would be taking giant strides backwards to just start offering new deals right now.

Born2Lose

Tier 3:
    • Feeling that the older, more experienced players are being pushed out of the team
  • When Fernandes met with senior execs last week, he felt more assured about his and the club's future.
  • Fernandes is looking for a new contract with a pay rise that'll put him on similar terms to Rashford
  • INEOS want to reduce the overall wages, so they're currently reluctant to offer Bruno such a lucrative contract
This is the problem with rewarding mediocrity, If I was Bruno I'd be asking for more than Rashford gets.

hobbers

He isn't worth 300k a week.

He should be our top earner on 250k. Obviously the club have shot itself repeatedly in the foot with 250k for Martial and Mount, 300k for Rashford, 340k for Varane, 350k for Sancho and Casemiro.

lysglimt

Scout
Tier 3:
The problem isnt paying high wages for performing players - the problem is paying it for non-performing players. Bruno has performed for 4.5 years - unlike every other high-profile player we have

Remember the geese

Bruno basically said he wants to stay at United and will stay for as long as the club wants him....

Kinda amazing how many stories the fake journos have managed to create from it. Quality BS.
I don't think it is bullshit. If you read between the lines "as long as the club wants me" basically means 'show me that you want me'. Either financially, by showing ambition or most likely, both. He obviously has concerns. Therefore the reports are true in my view.

Blood Mage

Nice to know Bayern would rather rehire a manager they sacked a few weeks ago than even consider Ten Hag.
Ten Hag will never get a top job again after this season. Some of our fans are unbelievable thinking Bayern would go near him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't think it is bullshit. If you read between the lines "as long as the club wants me" basically means 'show me that you want me'. Either financially, by showing ambition or most likely, both. He obviously has concerns. Therefore the reports are true in my view.
Agreed

hobbers

Pay Bruno what he wants but only Bruno. The rest can feck off.
But this attitude is why we're in the hole that we're in.

Martial has a good season - give him what he wants.
Rashford has a good season - give him what he wants.

Bruno has 2+1 years left on his deal. There should be absolutely no rush to do anything with his contract. If he wants a new deal make him play for it next season, and then make the offer in line with the wage bill next summer (which wont include Varane, Casemiro, Sancho, Martial and maybe even Rashford). If Bruno performs well next season then he'd deserve a bump up to 280-300k (if in the CL)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tier 3:
I think this is where the club needs to start taking the long-term approach. All the rumours recently have then just been about him wanting a new long term deal when he's turning 30 this year and to get a raise. We should definitely not be doing that. He's got a deal until '26 with a year option.

I love him, he's outstanding at times, but he's also had plenty of poor matches this season and we really need to wait until the vision is defined and whether he fits into it or not. Regardless of that, we don't need to give him a new contract. We need to sell Rashford and clear Casemiro and Eriksen from the wage bill (Maguire too).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ten Hag will never get a top job again after this season. Some of our fans are unbelievable thinking Bayern would go near him.
Yeah it's not like Tier 1 and Tier 2 journalists in Germany have confirmed he's on a Bayern shortlist and they've spoken to his entourage right?

sparx99

I think this is where the club needs to start taking the long-term approach. All the rumours recently have then just been about him wanting a new long term deal when he's turning 30 this year and to get a raise. We should definitely not be doing that. He's got a deal until '26 with a year option.

I love him, he's outstanding at times, but he's also had plenty of poor matches this season and we really need to wait until the vision is defined and whether he fits into it or not. Regardless of that, we don't need to give him a new contract. We need to sell Rashford and clear Casemiro and Eriksen from the wage bill (Maguire too).
Exactly. Sorry Bruno but you signed the deal you signed. We should probably be replacing him soon anyway at least lining up a replacement in the way Madrid have done with their midfielders.

Using examples of bad contracts to demand your own shouldn’t fly and the management should be explaining that to him. Allowing Varane & Martial to walk is a good step in that direction and they can point to those decisions as examples of their resolve.

Withnail

Oh so that's what this is all about. No one in this squad really deserves a raise. We certainly shouldn't be increasing any senior players wages or bringing anyone in on massive wages either.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tier 3:
I think it’s the best time to sell. Older more experienced players feeling pushed out. Are they surprised?
He effectively has three years left on his deal and is on the verge of turning 30. What long term deal is he looking for? If he’s not happy with his current deal, bring offers.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Oh nothing much, you know, only carried this hopeless squad for 4 years since his arrival…. No biggie. :wenger:
Must be a great keeper, defender and striker. Also wondering where he carried the squad to? Him being the best player doesn’t equate carrying the squad. And also, him being the best player doesn’t mean we should pay him whatever he wants.

diarm

£250k a week is probably exactly what Bruno is worth. The problem is that he should be our highest earner by £75-100k at that amount.

I don’t blame him for looking at Rashfords wage and wanting at least parity, but it’s Rashfords wage that is the problem.

Saka, Martinelli, Son, Maddison, Guimaraes are all on between £150 and £200k. Rashford being on more than any of them is ridiculous, let alone over £100k more.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Must be a great keeper, defender and striker. Also wondering where he carried the squad to? Him being the best player doesn’t equate carrying the squad. And also, him being the best player doesn’t mean we should pay him whatever he wants.
Oh good. Much facetiousness. Sarcasm too. That’ll further the debate. :wenger:

Carrying the team equates to carrying the team. That have been evident in the last 3 matches alone.
And I never said we should pay him what he wants, but if he wants a long term contract with a moderate wage increase - as team captain - I see no reason not to.

Dannn411

Oh nothing much, you know, only carried this hopeless squad for 4 years since his arrival…. No biggie. :wenger:
Carried the squad to where? 6th and 8th place finishes. That's why he should be paid whatever he wants? Such high standards in here.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Which is why Rashford is on the big bucks :rolleyes:

An improved contract is a reward for excellent or long service to the club. Bruno deserves this reward.
Yes, another big mistake I'm sure the new directors will avoid making in the future.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Carried the squad to where? 6th and 8th place finishes. That's why he should be paid whatever he wants? Such high standards in here.
Oh man, sod off with the ‘high standards’ sarcasm shite. At which point since Bruno signed would have been reasonable to expect this club to win the PL or CL? We just aren’t there now, and haven’t been for quite some time. But what is clear is we are an infinitely better team when Bruno plays. That was as true last night as it was on his debut.
Again, nobody is advocating for him to be given a blank cheque, but if a raise is required to keep him here while we rebuild the squad then so be it.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
£250k a week is probably exactly what Bruno is worth. The problem is that he should be our highest earner by £75-100k at that amount.

I don’t blame him for looking at Rashfords wage and wanting at least parity, but it’s Rashfords wage that is the problem.

Saka, Martinelli, Son, Maddison, Guimaraes are all on between £150 and £200k. Rashford being on more than any of them is ridiculous, let alone over £100k more.
I agreed with this. But the solution isn't raising Bruno's pay, that's how we got into this mess. We should look to get rid of Rashford and all the other high earners not pulling their weight.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Oh man, sod off with the ‘high standards’ sarcasm shite. At which point since Bruno signed would have been reasonable to expect this club to win the PL or CL? We just aren’t there now, and haven’t been for quite some time. But what is clear is we are an infinitely better team when Bruno plays. That was as true last night as it was on his debut.
Again, nobody is advocating for him to be given a blank cheque, but if a raise is required to keep him here while we rebuild the squad then so be it.
No just no. He has effectively 3 years on his deal on almost 250k/week that takes him to 32yrs. That’s more than enough even for Bruno. When people like you gonna learn not to repeat the past mistakes and get rinsed again and again by the players? I hope Ineos are not full of idiots. We would survive without Bruno, you know?

Nep77

If 13 million a year for finishing outside champions league position in 2 of last 3 season is not enough than what it is and its not like he has been on top of the game whole time :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.