Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Looks like there have been some briefs on a potential Bruno exit in recent days. His output would be impossible to replace but no point hanging onto a player who doesn't want to be here. I wouldn't miss his sulking but we are definitely a weaker side without him.

saik

I call bullshit. Inter cannot afford to buy him and Bayern has no need for him.

Foolsgold21

Looks like there have been some briefs on a potential Bruno exit in recent days. His output would be impossible to replace but no point hanging onto a player who doesn't want to be here. I wouldn't miss his sulking but we are definitely a weaker side without him.
New 4 year £350k a week contract incoming

Von Mistelroum

Our only top level player leaving would put us in relegation contention. No guarantee that we can make even decent signings to make up for a loss like that.

FujiVice

If Greenwood, Sancho, Fernandes, Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Lindelof, AWB, Amrabat, Martial and Maguire all leave, then we better be spending about 400 million on this squad over the summer. There's no excuse in having a giant clear out and not bringing in a bulk of players to replace them.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Luckhurst? Chances of it being true are pretty low then. But if there is any truth to this then it's terrifying. Kobbie, Garnacho and Rasmus should be untouchable this summer. Bruno would be close to being included in that group, for me. He would be so hard to replace. No way he should be sold.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Didn't expect that. Not gonna lie, I think he's a great manager and has shown it over an extended period of time. Also willing to change his tactics for specific games. I'd back him if he was INEOS' choice for sure.
Yeah, he's certainly interesting, if not surprising. He seems like a no-nonsense manager, has done a good job with Brentford, and perhaps doesn't get the recognition for it. The big question is if he is ready to make the next step or if he can make it. Could be a good appointment though.

redNATION

If Greenwood, Sancho, Fernandes, Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen, Antony, Lindelof, AWB, Amrabat, Martial and Maguire all leave, then we better be spending about 400 million on this squad over the summer. There's no excuse in having a giant clear out and not bringing in a bulk of players to replace them.
If we don’t have European football next season then maybe this is the summer to have a full clear out without worrying if we can replace the numbers, with Jan and the following summer to bring in the numbers with a view to competing on all fronts again the season after (aiming for champions league next season). I’d be thinking along those lines if I were in Ineos’ shoes.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is the biggest and most difficult job in the game at the top level currently. So much work to do. A deflated squad up for sale. Manager on the brink. Club staff working for their futures. It could very well get worse next season. We have to be sensible.

I haven’t been posting on here much as I don’t even know where to begin anymore. Neves would be a lovely signing if he’ll come. Tosin is sensible. Can we get shaw and Malacia back fighting it out? If not we need a star LB. We need a DM. A backup striker. It’s at least 4/5 starters with no margin for error. I can’t see that happening.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Luckhurst? Chances of it being true are pretty low then. But if there is any truth to this then it's terrifying. Kobbie, Garnacho and Rasmus should be untouchable this summer. Bruno would be close to being included in that group, for me. He would be so hard to replace. No way he should be sold.
Would it be so hard to replace if the system was about keeping the ball though?

Bruno is wonderful but he's so wasteful with it that we'll never have the control we need because of it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I agree but if he does want to leave and we get a good offer from a Bayern/Inter then we should accept it because he's earned the right to decide his future.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I found it.

Source (Tier 2):
This is what Real Madrid's defence will look like for the coming season: a notable departure and the return of a home-grown player

According to Antón Meana on El Larguero, centre-back Leny Yoro will not sign for Real Madrid.
Meana states that Yoro would be expensive, and Real Madrid aren't willing to pay lots of money for him at this time. Instead, they're going to give a chance to one of their young centre backs who'll be returning from his loan spell after this season.

saik

I would've liked it if the OP posted that Tweet to go with the Tweet that they posted.
Yea, I get what you're saying. Are academy scoop some kind of source? I mean all that tweet is doing there is speculating, not sure if they are a reliable source.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yea, I get what you're saying. Are academy scoop some kind of source? I mean all that tweet is doing there is speculating, not sure if they are a reliable source.
They're a United fan account that aggregates info on the United academy. From time to time, they get some inside info on certain academy/youth-related news, but they don't tend to focus on reporting their own news.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:

Brailsford is just presenting United's long-term vision to our targets. He's not involved in the financial side of things, so he's just trying to convince the players to join United based on INEOS's project.

Status
Not open for further replies.