Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Dazzmondo

If it's anything more than 40m, I hope we stay clear of Branthwaite. I don't rate him that highly but it's also going to be unfair pressure on him if we make him a high profile signing.
I've watched him a lot and I'd say up to £50m would be fair. He is very good and I think he'll continue to develop. He's been the main man in a surprisingly good Everton defence. However anything more than that we should probably look elsewhere, especially with the numbers emerging about our budget for the summer.

saik

I've watched him a lot and I'd say up to £50m would be fair. He is very good and I think he'll continue to develop. He's been the main man in a surprisingly good Everton defence. However anything more than that we should probably look elsewhere, especially with the numbers emerging about our budget for the summer.
Yea, even though I don't necessarily like it with the young player + English player tax, I agree that upto 50m would be fair like you said. Anything higher than that we are entering dangerous territory of again over paying.

pacifictheme

If that after the fa cup final line is true he's gone imo. An fa cup win isn't enough to save him and if they were going to keep him they would say as much.

Spark

We don't want to sell the majority of them - we can't sell 15 players. We will listen to offers for the majority and hope we can sell 6-7
Even selling four players would be unprecedented for this United hierarchy. Beyond total randoms we are absolutely god awful at shifting players as a club.

Unless it’s a fire sale and we take insane prices (not out of the equation) - e.g: McTominay £15m

Withnail

Even selling four players would be unprecedented for this United hierarchy. Beyond total randoms we are absolutely god awful at shifting players as a club.

Unless it’s a fire sale and we take insane prices (not out of the equation) - e.g: McTominay £15m
Which hierarchy? It's Ineos' team that will be in charge of transfers now. We should expect them to operate a lot differently.

sparx99

It's not really magic though, is it? That's what good scouting is for. It's all good and well you saying that but Rashford, more often than not, isn't a 30 goal a season winger so we're at the same impasse. We can either try and rectify that or just hope Rashford decides to have a season where he scores more than 8 goals, which is a lot more realistic in theory than practicality based on the last 3 years.
City get by with Grealish and Doku who have a combined six league goals from the LW. It’s possible that Rashford would get more time and space if say Garnacho and Hojlund added more goals next season. Garnacho in particular misses chances every week.

All of the front three either need to get better at finishing or assist more. Firmino got away with low goal totals because he was facilitating Mane and Salah. Grealish and Doku get away with low totals because they are part of a team setup to get Haaland chances and Foden has stepped up. Arsenal do it by committee which is what you need if you lack a 30-goal striker or winger.

jesperjaap

Backto the "what we need thread"...

Out : 25players
In: 16players

In all seriousness,,though been injury plagued, Shaw and Martinez would certainly be off limits. Four or so other rather keep which I wont even name to open up criticism....but the rest, half couldnt care lessif they leftor stayed, other half would be delighted to see never wear our shirt again, harsh, but at least ten

pacifictheme

Doesn't it just mean they're waiting til the season is over before making a decision?
That's what they are pretending to say yeah but what will change in the next five games? After that season scraping an fa cup win shouldn't be enough to save him.

If they want to keep him they already know that so just say it. If they don't then waiting for the end of the season is the best time to announce it rather than five games before.

Irwin99

United's fanbase suffers from **** of the manager syndrome which is what leads to this weird desire to bin off our whole squad before considering binning the manager.
And some fans seem to believe that there are managers out there that can turn Maguire, McTominay, Shaw, Lindelof, AwB, Martial, Rashford, Antony into multiple Premier league and champions league winners rather than just top 4 hopefuls. Decent players undoubtedly, and some good attitudes too, but good luck building a title winning team with these guys.

OldRed1

Don't the new people in charge deserve some sort of chance?
Yes I agree but it isn't them I'm talking about, it's people on here who believe that we should sell all, or even most of the players. A player like McTominay is a very good squad man whilst players like Maguire and Dalot have held our defence together this season though Dalot has appeared very tired the last few weeks.

OmarUnited4ever

Yes I agree but it isn't them I'm talking about, it's people on here who believe that we should sell all, or even most of the players. A player like McTominay is a very good squad man whilst players like Maguire and Dalot have held our defence together this season though Dalot has appeared very tired the last few weeks.
I do not think we should sell all too, but aside from young stars like Garnacho, Mainoo & Hojlund, and maybe Dalot, the rest should be up for sale if a strong offer comes in, for example, McTominay (even though I think he is not so good) is ok to be a squad player, but if an offer of 30M+ comes in, then it would make sense to cash in, my idea is for the new regime to study and analyze and see who could be sold and who should be kept, Maguire for example might not generate a lot of interest due to his age and high salary so perhaps we won't get any decent offers for him but someone like McTominay who is not on a high salary and is 27, might attract interest and we might get a good fee for him, so it would be sensible to consider selling him, Rashford too if a big offer like 75M give or take comes in, it should be considered.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He and his team are not going anywhere without getting paid. From his inane pre & post comments it feels like he is waiting to get sacked with a big payday to go back to his comfort zone and play victim.

Bertie Wooster

I'm sure most on here would love Rashford sold but I think it would more likely be a mistake. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he's excellent again under a new manager and system like Tuchel. Don't think it's possible for us to replace an in-form Rashford with a player of equivalent talent.
I agree that getting a replacement for Rashford in one of his good seasons would be difficult and expensive. But for every good season there's at least one bad and moody season. And even in the good seasons that's only from an attacking end product point of view, not necessarily link up play and defensive work rate.

So I'd still rather us look to replace with someone a lot more consistent (who won't be dreadful for a full season quite often) and who works harder for the team. Even if they don't score as many goals in any one season as an on form Rashford occasionally does, then at least they should be contributing positively in a lot more ways a lot more consistently. And their lows shouldn't hopefully be anywhere near as low or for anywhere near as long.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Yea, even though I don't necessarily like it with the young player + English player tax, I agree that upto 50m would be fair like you said. Anything higher than that we are entering dangerous territory of again over paying.
Yeah, he does seem a good young defender, and if we can get him at a good price then its probably worth it. But we need to move away from the United / English tax - especially with money likely to be tight this summer and so much to address once again. Anything above £50m and we're again at the AWB, Mount, Maguire scenarios that we need to avoid for now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Tier 2:

Slightly more info:

United will also take in offers for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, which means that he's up for sale.

Would be an excellent signing and if Tah, Hincapie and Kossounou stay and he wants to leave, Tapsoba would probably be available for a reasonable fee around €40. - €50m or so. Obviously I'd love him to stay since he's our best build up player but realistically we'll sell one or two first team players and he's one of the likeliest.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

More info:
  • United want a new centre back, central midfielder, and forward.
    • Other signings depend on outgoings.
  • United are open to offers for every player except for Onana, Mainoo, Garnacho, and Højlund.
  • Players who are out of contract next year: Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Christian Eriksen, Maguire, Scott McTominay, Amad, Facundo Pellistri and Mason Greenwood
    • One-year options exist for Maguire, McTominay, Amad, Pellistri and Greenwood.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tier 2:

More info:
  • United want a new centre back, central midfielder, and forward.
    • Other signings depend on outgoings.
  • United are open to offers for every player except for Onana, Mainoo, Garnacho, and Højlund.
  • Players who are out of contract next year: Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Christian Eriksen, Maguire, Scott McTominay, Amad, Facundo Pellistri and Mason Greenwood
    • One-year options exist for Maguire, McTominay, Amad, Pellistri and Greenwood.
3 signings isn't going to cut it, we can't fix every position in one window but our wings, both defensively and offensively, need open heart surgery. Not to mention we actually realistically need two midfielders and two defenders already.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
3 signings isn't going to cut it, we can't fix every position in one window but our wings, both defensively and offensively, need open heart surgery. Not to mention we actually realistically need two midfielders and two defenders already.
The 3 signings is in reference to United being able to bring in 3 key players without needing to sell anyone else. If they want to bring in more players, then they'll need to sell some of their existing crop.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The 3 signings is in reference to United being able to bring in 3 key players without needing to sell anyone else. If they want to bring in more players, then they'll need to sell some of their existing crop.
As we're so poor at selling, that to me just reads 3 key players full stop.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That is why they need to sell some players.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I like that pretty much everyone is available. Could be a summer of complete madness, we need to ensure we don't fall into the same trap Chelsea did though. Too much overhaul can have a negative impact!

Robertd0803

I’m surprised Bruno isn’t one of the untouchables in terms of selling
He should be, considering that for all that annoys people about him we would probably be relegated without him.

Also replacing Bruno really isnt going to easy at all.

UTD_Since_1978

I hope the 3 signings do miles better than 3 of last summer, namely Mount, Onana & Amrabat who have either been down right awful or done nothing to improve us from last season.

caid

I’m surprised Bruno isn’t one of the untouchables in terms of selling
Hes probably one of the very few players we could get a truly stupid fee for. With PSR and wage caps incoming it might require us to be a bit more pragmatic and ruthless with the timing of moving players on. You might look at it like a Liverpool selling Coutinho to fund a squad rebuild.
I'd be opposed just because it would feel weird but i can understand the logic. It might be something i have to get used to with how the rules are driving things.