Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Zumbi

All academy players that we have never paid for are sold for 100% net profit and that figure can be amortised by length of the contract. Assuming our true budget was £170m net this budget would be increased by £27-28m we’ve currently sold our academy players for so far now amortise that figure by 4 the average length of a contract for a new player that increases our budget to £280m.

So far we’ve actually agreed to spend £164m, Some upfront, some agreed on terms. We’ve received or will receive approximately £34m so true net spend right now £130m

Sell Fred(15m), Maguire(30m)

Add £25m for Sofran Amrabat, £35m for CB, our net spend would be £145-150m and we could easily afford a late blockbuster bid of £100m for a marquee player, I’m sure in the third quarters recent united financial report, stating that £260m was free this summer for transfers.

I don’t expect this to happen, however if it does you be almost certain Qatar have indeed bought the club behind the scenes.
How can a sale happen secretly when the club is publicly traded?

Woziak

How can a sale happen secretly when the club is publicly traded?
By this I mean they have got to a stage of final due diligence which means like buying a house by a nominal deposit paid but not yet exchanged or completed, NYSE needs to be informed when a full announcement made, in other words contracts exchanged, we never ever act this efficiently in the transfer market, something is a foot?

AndySmith1990

By this I mean they have got to a stage of final due diligence which means like buying a house by a nominal deposit paid but not yet exchanged or completed, NYSE needs to be informed when a full announcement made, in other words contracts exchanged, we never ever act this efficiently in the transfer market, something is a foot?
Yeah Woodward left the club

James35

I hope the small fee for Fred and a Donny loan is enough to allow us to get Amrabat. Just replacing Maguire with a CB will not be enough the remainder of this window.

Big Ray

This is what I’m thinking. We are so un-united like something has definitely changed. Maybe new owner announcement tomorrow! :)

Zumbi

Yeah, could be although I’d be incredibly surprised if they could keep things this quiet whilst being at any sort of advanced stage.

An alternative possibility is that Murtough etc are trying to right the very obvious mistakes of the Woodward era. A more worrying alternative is that the Glazers have decided to postpone/cancel the sale and know they need to have a decent transfer window to try and take the sting out of the inevitable protests that would take place following such an announcement.

croadyman

Yeah, could be although I’d be incredibly surprised if they could keep things this quiet whilst being at any sort of advanced stage.

An alternative possibility is that Murtough etc are trying to right the very obvious mistakes of the Woodward era. A more worrying alternative is that the Glazers have decided to postpone/cancel the sale and know they need to have a decent transfer window to try and take the sting out of the inevitable protests that would take place following such an announcement.
Well newsflash you fecking leeches there will be protests and deservedly so if you have wasted everyone's time since November

justsomebloke

If this now develops as seems likely (ie, if we also get Maguire and Donny out the door and sign a backup GK, Amrabat and a CB), this will actually have been a remarkable window, with potentially as many as seven clear team needs addressed (new backup G, new starting G, someone in for Maguire at CB, upgrade on RB (if Pavard), credible backup for Casemiro, upgrade on Eriksen at #8 and a new striker). That really leaves only another striker, which would be amazing.

Provided of course all the new signings work out....

Alemar

If this now develops as seems likely (ie, if we also get Maguire and Donny out the door and sign a backup GK, Amrabat and a CB), this will actually have been a remarkable window, with potentially as many as seven clear team needs addressed (new backup G, new starting G, someone in for Maguire at CB, upgrade on RB (if Pavard), credible backup for Casemiro, upgrade on Eriksen at #8 and a new striker). That really leaves only another striker, which would be amazing.

Provided of course all the new signings work out....
You overestimate Pavard. Hopefully we sign Todibo instead

Withnail

This phrase is an overused Caf favourite. I’m sick of reading it!
Id love some witty erudite modmin to add it to the auto-correct list. Something original and amusing….
I felt it was apt but I'm not the most imaginitive soul and I've a hangover. Should have just called him a cnut? That's used even more frequently I'd wager.

justsomebloke

I felt it was apt but I'm not the most imaginitive soul and I've a hangover. Should have just called him a cnut? That's used even more frequently I'd wager.
"I demand the finest goaltenders known to humanity, and I demand them now" ?

Dannn411

I actually like the way prices are skyrocketing for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It's going to severely punish clubs without good scouting systems in place and clubs who always want the ready made product and don't want to do the development work. It will also help to redistribute wealth and funds to smaller clubs and leagues for better than any official programme will ever be able to do.

Levi1

I actually like the way prices are skyrocketing for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It's going to severely punish clubs without good scouting systems in place and clubs who always want the ready made product and don't want to do the development work. It will also help to redistribute wealth and funds to smaller clubs and leagues for better than any official programme will ever be able to do.
You mean clubs like ours?

Anduin

What the hell has Paqueta ever done to be worth such a fee? I mean Pep will somehow make him look like a world beater surely, but he’s been bang average whenever I’ve watched him. Insane money, even for City standards.

Dannn411

You mean clubs like ours?
Yup. PL Big 7, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, etc. The financial cost of not developing players and giving youth a chance is going to get steeper and steeper. We've already seen likes of Chelsea and Madrid and Barcelona going straight to source in South Smerica these days rather than waiting for some European club to take all the risk and develop the player.

the_cliff

What the hell has Paqueta ever done to warrant such a fee? I mean Pep will make him look like a world beater surely, but he’s been bang average whenever I’ve watched him. Insane money, even for City standards.
The key things for me for this transfer is that 1 Pep seems a bit rattled this isn't a usual Pep signing and 2 Despite all the media wankfest over Foden, Pep does not trust him at all.