g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

GioF

He is the biggest talent we have. I'd only sanction a loan or a sale with a very low buyback clause.
Defo not the biggest talent we have. There’s a kid in the u’6s who’s going to be a superstar. Trust me.

sparx99

He appreciated what Weghorst did for the team, but it was clear once Martial was semi-fit, he wasn't up to it.

And Malacia was fine for his first season and his low transfer value.
I was mostly joking. Just funny that the quotes are saying only world class prospects given that we’ve got some quite average players in the first team squad.

It’s also worth remembering that lots of average academy graduates have been a big part of our first team over the years. They can’t all be class of 92’s.

sparx99

It’s not that outrageous. They do different things but Caicedo still has lots to prove. For a player who hasn’t played a minute of CL football vs a players whose won the thing it’s a bit silly to say it’s clearly Caicedo whose better.

sparx99

He appreciated what Weghorst did for the team, but it was clear once Martial was semi-fit, he wasn't up to it.

And Malacia was fine for his first season and his low transfer value.
Yeah, I was teasing. We obviously needed a backup LB and a stop-gap striker. You also need youth teams to have more than 3 players in them so if we are getting rid of anyone who doesn’t have ‘world class’ potential it’s going to be a very small squad.

lysglimt

Scout
Mount is the better player
Why having a debate - one is a strong DM, the other is a quick AM. You might as well compare Varane to Casemiro.

Personally I would love to have both Caicedo and Mount

glasgow 21

Stop being such a pessimist. Last year we got 6 deals done, 4 transfer (Martinez, Casemiro, Antony and Malacia), a free transfer (Eriksen) and a loan (Dubravka).

A similar strategy this year could see us signing Onana, Min Jae, Rice, Kane, Rabiot (free) and Neymar (loan). I think everyone should stop moaning and put some trust in ETH to get the deals done. Even a more realistic Costa, Timber, Mount, Rabiot and Hojlund would be a good window.
Where do you get those glass fully full over flowing tablets i def need some.

glasgow 21

Imagine what a team we could have had if our people in charge had actually done their job and signed the players our managers actually wanted. OGS wanted us to sign Caicedo, Haaland and Bellingham - not sure what happened to those guys, but they might get a decent career in the future. Rangnick wanted ut to sign Vlahovic, Nkunku, Gvardiol, Haaland, Diaz (oh and Morata)

Makes you wonder which players ETH really want - that they yet again will screw up.
Crikey Rangnick is worst than Boehly. he wanted Enzo and Alvarez too, so that would have been some January window.

edcunited1878

Yeah, I was teasing. We obviously needed a backup LB and a stop-gap striker. You also need youth teams to have more than 3 players in them so if we are getting rid of anyone who doesn’t have ‘world class’ potential it’s going to be a very small squad.
Yeah, he's filtering through those in-house youth players. Especially at that age of 20/21, which I believe is Iqbal and now Hannibal, need to make a decision about their future and if United can gain a first-right of refusal or sell on fee, that's great. Not everyone will be able to make that next step and be ready for men's football in a real contributing way at the highest level.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
40 million + Maguire and Elanga doesn't seem like an offer that'd entice West Ham enough. They'd probably ask for some more cash, and whilst they appreciate Maguire, I doubt they'd want to bring in him in as part of an offer for Declan Rice given their need for a new DM to take his place.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They should be told to piss off, otherwise we will never stop overpaying for players
When Chelsea was singing 80m, there was a chance to steer off, but since it's probably getting done anyway, they should just make it happen, before it turns into another painful saga, wasting everybody's time.

miked99

Probably just me looking at it from an odd perspective, but to me £55M seems an expensive transfer fee but nothing too out of the ordinary by current standards, yet £60M is in the ballpark of being a big deal where the player will be under pressure to justify the fee.

It's only £5M difference so that probably sounds weird. I guess my tipping point for value for money in this deal is £55M.

Erik the Red

So you telling me our midfield for next season could be Bruno, Eriksen, Mount, Casemiro, Rice and VDB?
Replace DVB with Mainoo, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sancho trialled there in some games as a Bruno cover.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Mount probably ends up getting done at £50mil+5mil and will forever be reported as £65mil.

Rice ain't happening.

Onana will probably be £50mil

Left field striker option for relatively cheap and Voldewood will be snuck in during pre season in America.

That will be the summer. Just chill and accept it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
£40 million plus Maguire and McTominay might interest them, that’s if both players are willing to go to West Ham.

Rake

£40 million plus Maguire and McTominay might interest them, that’s if both players are willing to go to West Ham.
Such deals are extremely complicated... It's absolute waste of time to pursue such deal, especially with teams around that are ready to offer 90-100 mil for him.

We should just move on to other targets.

Dazzmondo

I felt we had a chance for Rice when it was just Arsenal involved but now City want him that's game over. Regardless of whether West Ham would want Maguire and McTominay, Rice isn't going to be forced to go to Utd over City and I wouldn't blame him.

Lost bear

"Understand sources feel Mason Mount deal has to be completed by the end of next week."

That is an extraordinary amount of reservations in a single sentence.
Yes, he doesn’t sound what you’d call convinced about it, does he?

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

"Understand sources feel Mason Mount deal has to be completed by the end of next week."

That is an extraordinary amount of reservations in a single sentence.
Wasn't it reported back when this first started that Chelsea needed to sell players by the end of June to meet FFP rules, I know there's lots of rumoured sales but have they actually sold anyone yet? So they need to complete at least some of these sales by the end of next week. He's not exactly going out on a limb here is he

BarstoolProphet

Wasn't it reported back when this first started that Chelsea needed to sell players by the end of June to meet FFP rules, I know there's lots of rumoured sales but have they actually sold anyone yet? So they need to complete at least some of these sales by the end of next week. He's not exactly going out on a limb here is he
Koulibaly, Kovacic, Kanté (free), Havertz, Ziyech and potentially Hudson-Odoi and Mendy in the near future?