Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Replace DVB with Mainoo, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sancho trialled there in some games as a Bruno cover.
I feel that’s Sanchos best position anyway. He doesn’t have the pass & power for wide roles, we see it all the time where he’s basically neutralised by a single determined fullback. In that 10 role though his excellent short passing and finishing can be fully utilised

croadyman

Love that ETH is being ruthless (feels like Iqbal was first victim of this).

But man oh man... the club sale is really going to feck us this window isn't it? Looks like we might get Mount over the line but I feel like it'll be a Pellestri, Amad and Mount type of window... potential but nothing like getting Varane, Bruno, Casemiro, etc. :-(
Maybe we still go late in window for Kane,presumably you don't see either Onana or Rabiot as experienced signings then

croadyman

Why having a debate - one is a strong DM, the other is a quick AM. You might as well compare Varane to Casemiro.

Personally I would love to have both Caicedo and Mount
Yeah I would love to have both but not happening

saik

Fair play to Mount here….he’s pushed for us and hasn’t fecked about
To be fair, if the rumors are true about us offering him 200k/week, we are more than doubling his current salary. Pretty easy to see why he would be pushing for the move.

edcunited1878

To be fair, if the rumors are true about us offering him 200k/week, we are more than doubling his current salary. Pretty easy to see why he would be pushing for the move.
He was always going to make more in salary after Chelsea didn't pay him these past few seasons. 24 years old, good player...he'll cost near the amount United paid for Fred.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has already rejected 200K per week at Chelsea.

However, the club have been unable to reach an agreement with Mount, who is one of the lowest paid members of the squad, and talks have stalled. It is understood Mount has rejected several offers, the highest worth about £200,000 a week.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-chelsea-mason-mount-transfer-window

saik

Weren't there reports that Boehly made that offer and that Chelsea pulled out of this and offered him a lower salary after the World Cup when they hired their sporting directors as they felt he was not worth 200k/week?

Pretty sure one of the Chelsea fans on this forum mentioned it recently and that is why Mount is rejecting all Chelsea offers now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Weren't there reports that Boehly made that offer and that Chelsea pulled out of this and offered him a lower salary after the World Cup when they hired their sporting directors as they felt he was not worth 200k/week?

Pretty sure one of the Chelsea fans on this forum mentioned it recently and that is why Mount is rejecting all Chelsea offers now.
Don't know, there are so many reports on his contract saga.

There was some news that he is looking for parity with Sterling and Matt Law said it's not true, then there are rumors that he was offered as much or close to what James was on.

Withnail

If you were using “British” as short for “British Isles” then you were correct as the RoI is part of the geographical landmass of the British Isles!
Nope, no we are not. That's a disputed term with echoes of colonialism and not recognised by the Irish.

The term was formally disavowed in September 2005 by the Irish Government when Foreign Minister Dermot Ahern stated: "The British Isles is not an officially recognised term in any legal or inter-governmental sense. It is without any official status. The Government, including the Department of Foreign Affairs, does not use this term

Mou Mou Land

Nope, no we are not. That's a disputed term with echoes of colonialism and not recognised by the Irish.
It is indeed a colonialist term, but if you a beef about the term, take it up with the Italians, not the British.

Withnail

It is indeed a colonialist term, but if you a beef about the term, take it up with the Italians, not the British.
The earliest recorded use of the term is by an English man in the 16th century so I'm not sure what the Italians have to do with it, and I'll take it up with anyone using it, thanks.

Dannn411

Worried that we are still not getting traction on player sales. That is the only way we can sign more than one or two players this summer and we need at least 4 (GK, CF, 2 CMs).

stw2022

Hilarious how that grifter Romano still gets away with it. An aggregator account that never credits other people's stories and pretend entire football world run their business via him. The most well connected and popular man in world sports.

If you actually pay attention to his time line and don't just focus on stuff he "gets right" you'll observe more shit on the walls of his Twitter page, thrown in the hope something sticks, than even basement level tabloid reporters would be slightly embarrassed about. No doubt he's build himself up and is a world class self promoter and he's utilised social media better than anyone.

He saw an opportunity and took it and he had the world believing he's the most knowledgeable transfer guru, in the loop of every transfer in every nation, in every language, at every club playing at every level of football everywhere in the world simply because he doesn't credit anyone else and pretends it's all his own work.

Last edited:

ManRed

Worried that we are still not getting traction on player sales. That is the only way we can sign more than one or two players this summer and we need at least 4 (GK, CF, 2 CMs).
Onana and Mount pretty much are our rumoured transfer budget and we haven't even started talking about the most important position yet. CF. I think there is some traction in sales as we are close to closing these deals first. Sadly we not hearing about it much in the media.

Suv666

A new keeper would be very exciting we’ve had DDG for more than a decade now.

James35

We don’t get a top class forward we are battling for top 4 again and not coming by it half as easy. I’d go with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all finishing above us.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised with our top 4 finish last year as had us 5th at best after last summer window. No way Liverpool and Chelsea have a season as bad.

ForeverRed1

Love that ETH is being ruthless (feels like Iqbal was first victim of this).

But man oh man... the club sale is really going to feck us this window isn't it? Looks like we might get Mount over the line but I feel like it'll be a Pellestri, Amad and Mount type of window... potential but nothing like getting Varane, Bruno, Casemiro, etc. :-(
the window opened like… a week ago. Early days

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Koulibaly, Kovacic, Kanté (free), Havertz, Ziyech and potentially Hudson-Odoi and Mendy in the near future?
Only Kante has actually been completed so far, for a free, so Chelsea do still need to raise funds by the end of next week. Romano being typically vague about Mount being done by then so he can't get it wrong, but they do really need to get Mount sold by then for FFP reasons.

Cloud7

How come we don’t have a dedicated thread for Mount considering he is our major established target thus far?

Mou Mou Land

The earliest recorded use of the term is by an English man in the 16th century so I'm not sure what the Italians have to do with it, and I'll take it up with anyone using it, thanks.
Sorry, but you are wrong.

lysglimt

Scout
Isn’t Mount pretty average?

How does he improve the team?
Absolutely not - he had 2 seasons in Chelsea (not counting the 22/23 when every player in that team was crap) where he was brilliant. He improves the team by being a player who is good in tight spaces and who scores a lot of goals in open play. How many players do we have who is capable of scoring 10+ goals a season from open play ?

He is quick, is an underrated passer of the ball and he works hard.

In other words - he brings energy and goals. That is something we badly lack

Dannn411

Final final offer please. £55m for a guy with one year left is already crazy. That offer implies that Mount with a 5 year contract is worth £275m. Absolutely crazy valuation.