Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I remember it was Reguilon or Telles at some point in the past, and folks here wanted him :lol: cruel twist of fate
This is a Cafe transfer special. Albeit 5 years late. Cucurella should have just refused to play until his future was settled.

MDFC Manager

I would rather have Reguilon if he was cheaper and lets us scrounge up the extra pennies to get the loan + buy obligation deal for Amrabat done. Or for that matter just play Alvarez if it meant getting Amrabat.
There's a very real chance none of it happens at all

SirScholes

Well you defended the Glazers whilst replying to this conversation

You've since attempted to turn this into a conversation around whether the Glazers have spent enough. This isn't really the point, not to mention that to suggest they have is to ignore the fact that they've certainly spent very little on infrastructure or the training facilities, and we're lagging well behind other clubs in that regard.

The failings of the club, and the fact that we may well struggle to even maintain our position this season, is on the Glazers and their mismanagement of the club from top to bottom. They're responsible for employing everyone who's worked on transfers in recent years.To suggest they bear no responsibility is bizarre.
In that conversation they talk about “Arab money” to buy “Kane, Rice”
we’ve spent enough money in recent years to buy them ten times over
So yer money on the team has been spent ?

not sure I’m wrong there

Marwood

So it would not change anything that we could buy a midfielder and a forward f.ex now? It would not change anything that instead of going into glazers pockets the money goes to Manchester United? Then we disagree.

And i still wonder why you put in the think like a child and small mind stuff. I dont know if "right" was the response to that?
But you could apply this logic to every team on the planet. It'd help if they just bought another player or two.

At some point you have to say that's enough money spent. Enough has been given to managers to create a very good team.

Which it has at United.

prateik

We are looking for a LB for 6-8 games. If Chelsea really want a large loan fee + if his wages are high, its not going to happen.

Sylar

Uniteds dealings reminds me of a team under Allardyce or Redknapp from the 2000s.

RedChisel

Uniteds dealings reminds me of a team under Allardyce or Redknapp from the 2000s.
Does that mean we should expect Ten Hag hanging out of his car window announcing we've signed Niko Kranjcar?

the_cliff

Cue all the journalists trying to figure out when he played against an ETH team in his career.

aeh1991

feck just loan Tagliacifo. At least he knows Martinez and Ten Hag (altough for whatever reasons he didnt play much under him). Still gotta be better than Reguilon.

jeepers

just feckin keep Fernandez if the only option is Reguilon ffs. Don’t want to sell McT? Then decide on Mejbri. Feckin useless dithering bastards

Sylar

Isnt Reguilon third or fourth choice for Spurs? I know its emergency, but wouldnt the youth players who played with the rest of our players pre-season be a better choice? They would be more willing to listen to instructions too, and they are already here.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Isnt Reguilon third or fourth choice for Spurs? I know its emergency, but wouldnt the youth players who played with the rest of our players pre-season be a better choice? They would be more willing to listen to instructions too, and they are already here.
Can't get a game for them to the point where he was loaned out to Atletico last season, where he also couldn't get a game.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I do enjoy watching people in threads like this arguing we shouldn't take most of these tweets serious and that United is used as clickbait, while at the same time many folks overreact to said tweets.

Gavinb33

People losing their minds about these players, they are basically signing somebody for a season who'll be 3rd choice most likely by Christmas I can't see players would be lining up for that

Last edited:

the_cliff

People losing their minds about these players, they are basically signing somebody for a season who'll be 3rd choice most likely by Christmas I can't see players would lining up for that
Agreed. I'm not too bothered about the left back situation we do need to get someone in though as contrary to popular belief I don't think Fernandez is ready.

Centre mid should still be our priority.

Dannn411

With every development it's looking stupider and stupider to chase a left back on loan when we have Dalot and Fernandez here. We would be no worse off and would save money in the process.

hobbers

People losing their minds about these players, they are basically signing somebody for a season who'll be 3rd choice most likely by Christmas I can't see players would lining up for that
Because we're probably paying a loan fee for someone less useful than Dalot.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Is Fernandez that bad ?
Thought he looked promising during pre-season and there wasn't many positives to take away from pre-season.

Gavinb33

Because we're probably paying a loan fee for someone less useful than Dalot.
With every development it's looking stupider and stupider to chase a left back on loan when we have Dalot and Fernandez here. We would be no worse off and would save money in the process.
If Dalot goes down we have Fernandez and Wan Bissaka as our only full backs for 3 months, surely you see these LB signings are more for depth than anything else until Shaw and Malacia get fit why would we spend a lot of money on what is essentially a stop gap due to injuries