Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source (Tier 2):

Sacha Boey's extension at Galatasaray is stalling

No agreement has been reached on the terms of the one-year extension. Manchester United have made enquiries about the Frenchman.

The enquiries from United may not be recent and may have been a while back (potentially during the summer). This may be seen as a confirmation of the reports from Turkey. The real news of note here is the fact that Boey's contract extension is stalling, and since United looked at him, they may pick up their interest over time.

Never heard of him - is he any good? I assumed Frimpong which his Dutch heritage was nailed on.

Stretford Paddock posted an equally shitty arse video today titled "Bruno in SHOCK move to Saudi Arabia?!" I like Jay and Joe a lot but they are sullying the channel with clickbait nonsense like that.

There is a reason i unsubbed that clickbait channel..

Like that Marcus shuts it down immediately.

Awful channel, guy is no idea how Brent gets so many viewers, he's not even a United fan in my option, he just saw a gap in the market and filled it by wearing a United shirt and claiming to be a fan. Rashy should just rise above it and the club should end any contact with such shite merchants.

Awful channel, guy is no idea how Brent gets so many viewers, he's not even a United fan in my option, he just saw a gap in the market and filled it by wearing a United shirt and claiming to be a fan. Rashy should just rise above it and the club should end any contact with such shite merchants.

Agree 100% mate.

Find it wierd that people keep watching clickbait channels, its so annoying.

Pretty clearly isn't him.

Really!? damn my bad, I saw the blue tick and thought it was legit.

I will delete it then.

There is a reason i unsubbed that clickbait channel..

Like that Marcus shuts it down immediately.
Yeah, there seems to be a growing number of United “channels” in social media who are happy to grow their base with made up shit. They are a disgrace

Source (Tier 2):

The enquiries from United may not be recent and may have been a while back (potentially during the summer). This may be seen as a confirmation of the reports from Turkey. The real news of note here is the fact that Boey's contract extension is stalling, and since United looked at him, they may pick up their interest over time.

Yeeeeah Boey

The rumour surfaced in England and was strongly debunked in Brazil (even by less reliable journalists) as soon as they came up. The initial rumour was that United were considering swapping Antony with Flamengo striker Gabriel Barbosa.

The rumour surfaced in England and was strongly debunked in Brazil (even by less reliable journalists) as soon as they came up. The initial rumour was that United were considering swapping Antony with Flamengo striker Gabriel Barbosa.

Very happy to bin off Antony at this point, but don't want Gabigol anywhere near OT

Very happy to bin off Antony at this point, but don't want Gabigol anywhere near OT
I don't understand your logic. So you would just rid of Antony for peanuts just because.... Not even a thought on using him as squad player.

I don't understand your logic. So you would just rid of Antony for peanuts just because.... Not even a thought on using him as squad player.
He's useless. Useless as a starter, useless as a squad player. Peanuts is the best we will ever get for him so might as well sell now.

I don't think this means much. At best, this might be an agent or two murmuring about United's possible January activity to Romano.

I don't think this means much. At best, this might be an agent or two murmuring about United's possible January activity to Romano.

I hope this is just precautionary and us making sure he's not risking things with NI.

Because he's been utterly shit since we signed him? No pace, no goal threat, no creativity, and not all that great defensively. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see what he offers or even could offer if his form improved

Because he's been utterly shit since we signed him? No pace, no goal threat, no creativity, and not all that great defensively. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see what he offers or even could offer if his form improved
That’s the one thing I disagree on, I think he’s been good defensively

I am all for it. Sell him for the best possible price and move on.
Unfortunately, I think his ego would preclude this happening. It would probably take 3-4 top players in their prime moving to Saudi before the likes of Sancho consider it, particularly given he's already on huge wages. Probably rather 'wait it out' and bet that a new manager will include him in the team, or get a subsidized loan move back to Dortmund. If Chelsea sell Mudryck (to Arsenal, as mooted) and one of their other wide forwards, then that might be the one route.

I would love to sell Varane, Casemiro and Sancho to Saudi for like a combined £120m by next summer. I think INEOS have a partnership with the country itself too so that’ll help :p

Unfortunately, I think his ego would preclude this happening. It would probably take 3-4 top players in their prime moving to Saudi before the likes of Sancho consider it, particularly given he's already on huge wages. Probably rather 'wait it out' and bet that a new manager will include him in the team, or get a subsidized loan move back to Dortmund. If Chelsea sell Mudryck (to Arsenal, as mooted) and one of their other wide forwards, then that might be the one route.

Yeah I can't see him going to Saudi. He's hardly given up on career at the top end of the game already.

Well he sort of has, hasn’t he? He could be playing for us right now if he wanted to.

Throwing a tantrum, believing it's all the managers fault and wanting to get away is one thing (and it's possible in a new environment or back in the German league where he's done well previously he'll rediscover some form).

Heading off to play in Saudi at 23 is another thing entirely.

Going off football manager and football manager alone, he'd be the least I'd want at the club :lol:
Not that FM is perfect!
FM gets it right a lot more often than it gets it wrong, though.

Sell Maguire, Lindelof and martial
Get in todibo, the new Portuguese centreback we’re eyeing and an explosive goalscorer (is sesko still available?)if not, Ivan Toney will be great.
Toney would be a great signing for us, assuming we don't get rinsed. 10 will get you 20 that his gambling days are over.

Right. Anyone at the club who's even entertaining the possibility of extending his contract should be immediately removed from any decision-making capacity.
100%.
He'd benefit more from playing with two wingers who aren't useless and a midfield that can keep possession
Or even one winger who wasn't useless, I'm not picky.

The double down on "if his form improved" is insane. You basically prefer lack of depth (a liability) over contribution however little that maybe. On top of losing almost most of 100mil. You think club from Brazil would pay us something significant, and would cover his current wage in full?

The rumor was proven both bs and insanely nonsense in the first place. Yet some people still got hook line sinker over. :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.