g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

lysglimt

Scout
There are two financial rules to follow. Premier League and UEFA. It's always wise to remember that.
Surely you mean there are two financial rules you don't need to follow (if you follow the example set by City)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: interview with Fotbollskanalen
Lindelöf confirms: Looks set to extend with United.
The full quotes:
That’s more than I heard. But I have an option [for another] year and there is a deadline for it. When exactly I don’t know. But it feels quite likely that it will be activated .
On wanting to continue on with United:
Absolutely. I enjoy myself very much. I am entering my seventh year at the club. I feel good and the family feels good. It’s a club that I really like, and that I love to represent.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Source: interview with Fotbollskanalen

The full quotes:

On wanting to continue on with United:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

on new contract
can’t believe they are going to give me another extension. I keep pushing them as far as I can and they buy it. I’ve even got a **** of blind fans! Take that specsavers! Anyway I will keep taking the money if they keep paying me

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Maguire makes 100% sense to move on and replace in January espegiven Varane’s struggles this season with fitness we need a top duel winner like Todibo who can play the high line without fear of being outpaced.

The Martial one baffles me in that in order for that to work we absolutely need a replacement who is willing to be rotated.

A sensible club would sell him and replace him but I can see us selling and not replacing saying well Rashford can play ST and Garnacho can be the LW.

But then we have the problem of Sancho’s exile meaning we then suddenly don’t have the depth at LW.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maguire makes 100% sense to move on and replace in January espegiven Varane’s struggles this season with fitness we need a top duel winner like Todibo who can play the high line without fear of being outpaced.

The Martial one baffles me in that in order for that to work we absolutely need a replacement who is willing to be rotated.

A sensible club would sell him and replace him but I can see us selling and not replacing saying well Rashford can play ST and Garnacho can be the LW.

But then we have the problem of Sancho’s exile meaning we then suddenly don’t have the depth at LW.
I think someone like Forson will probably be used as the depth. We're supposedly talking about a new deal with him, I imagine that will be part of the conversation.

Longlivekeano

Sell Maguire, Lindelof and martial
Get in todibo, the new Portuguese centreback we’re eyeing and an explosive goalscorer (is sesko still available?)if not, Ivan Toney will be great.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yep, we're buying loads of players but not before we finish 8th.

Load of the same old shite.

RikRuud

Its a shame how things have turned out. Fingers crossed a Saudi team comes calling. He can live the lifestyle he wants over there.

parmenio

Sell Maguire, Lindelof and martial
Get in todibo, the new Portuguese centreback we’re eyeing and an explosive goalscorer (is sesko still available?)if not, Ivan Toney will be great.
Surely we can do a deal with Nice to loan the 2 players in for the rest of the season in Jan and see how they fare. Will be no FFP issues etc. the Nice fans will hate it but well hey ho. It’s Sir Jim’s club.

redcucumber

Us signing Modric on high wages would be fecking hilariously typical. Can we stay away from fogies for just one season?

astracrazy

Hopefully he doesn't apologise so he is sold.
If he does he should still be sold, and I think he will. He should apologise because he wants to not because he is told to. It just underlines the character he is, and besides - all the previous problems with him don't go away.

saivet

If he does he should still be sold, and I think he will. He should apologise because he wants to not because he is told to. It just underlines the character he is, and besides - all the previous problems with him don't go away.
Him apologising, training with the team and maybe featuring here and there as a sub would probably help our negotiating position. Come January, I think all we can expect are lowball bids and loan offers as he will have been training alone for months, clearly not wanted and he clearly doesn't want to be here. He's possibly shooting himself in the foot too as some clubs that might have otherwise been interested may be put off by his antics.

astracrazy

Him apologising, training with the team and maybe featuring here and there as a sub would probably help our negotiating position. Come January, I think all we can expect are lowball bids and loan offers as he will have been training alone for months, clearly not wanted and he clearly doesn't want to be here. He's possibly shooting himself in the foot too as some clubs that might have otherwise been interested may be put off by his antics.
Do you really think we will get anything other then lowball bids anyway though? How much more do you really think his value will go up by training and featuring as a sub. Anyone that will be interested in him, no matter what he now does, isn't going to pay a lot for him because it will be nothing more than a gamble from their point of view.

I think Utd will just be happy now to move him on and get his wages off the books.

saivet

Do you really think we will get anything other then lowball bids anyway though? How much more do you really think his value will go up by training and featuring as a sub. Anyone that will be interested in him, no matter what he now does, isn't going to pay a lot for him because it will be nothing more than a gamble from their point of view.

I think Utd will just be happy now to move him on and get his wages off the books.
I don't think it will make a huge difference but it could be the difference between an extra club or two being interested which could limit the inevitable hit we're about to take

hobbers

Why is extending martials deal by another year only ‘in doubt.’

It shouldn’t even be under consideration unless everyone involved in the decision is a fecking imbecile

Remember the geese

I'd rather he didn't apologise and we used this as an opportunity to cut our losses. I'd actually be disappointed if this was resolved in a 'positive' way. The guy has been hopeless and I can't stomach watching such a soft, passive player. Pulling out of 50/50 challenges, while in possession he hasn't been any better.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why is extending martials deal by another year only ‘in doubt.’

It shouldn’t even be under consideration unless everyone involved in the decision is a fecking imbecile
Right. Anyone at the club who's even entertaining the possibility of extending his contract should be immediately removed from any decision-making capacity.