Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I have been supporting Manchester United since the 80s and involved in sports in some of the farthest places imaginable.

What modern football fan are you talking about?
The one that claims every positive report that comes out about United is “PR” and all the negative reports is gospel.

astracrazy

You serious? They taake out £20M in dividends every year and can contribute £100M from their own pocket but we all know that wont happen..
You're replying to something over two weeks old and also don't seem to understand how the new ffp works. Are you serious?

AlexUTD

You're replying to something over two weeks old and also don't seem to understand how the new ffp works. Are you serious?
Oh sorry, i was not aware there was a expiration date on replying to posts my bad.

"FFP allows clubs to make a loss, which is made up by wealthy owners, of £105m over three years. However, turning a profit, offsetting expenditure against against capital or football development projects and boosting revenues helps to stretch that envelope."

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/S...an-spend-on-transfers-under-FFP-rules/2713969

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Oh sorry, i was not aware there was a expiration date on replying to posts my bad.

"FFP allows clubs to make a loss, which is made up by wealthy owners, of £105m over three years. However, turning a profit, offsetting expenditure against against capital or football development projects and boosting revenues helps to stretch that envelope."

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/S...an-spend-on-transfers-under-FFP-rules/2713969
I don't believe this still applies with the new FSR rules that came into force this season to replace FFP.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When last did we sign talented players from South America…Pellistri?

cyberman

Would be nice to get a Brazilian wonder kid for a change. Seems like we’ve never been in those conversations outside of the Da Silva twins.
To be fair who is the last wonder kid to come though apart from Vinicus Jr?

sparx99

To be fair who is the last wonder kid to come though apart from Vinicus Jr?
Depends on how developed they are but Rodrygo is also a regular for Madrid. Vitor Roque moved to Barca this summer. Endrick signed for Madrid last year but is too young to move. Chelsea signed a couple of highly touted young players like Kendry Paez (Colombian I think), Andrey and I'm sure some others.

We were linked to Marcos Leonardo in the summer but he didn't move anywhere in the end and I'm not sure anyone is convinced we would move for a young Brazilian striker.

cyberman

Depends on how developed they are but Rodrygo is also a regular for Madrid. Vitor Roque moved to Barca this summer. Endrick signed for Madrid last year but is too young to move. Chelsea signed a couple of highly touted young players like Kendry Paez (Colombian I think), Andrey and I'm sure some others.

We were linked to Marcos Leonardo in the summer but he didn't move anywhere in the end and I'm not sure anyone is convinced we would move for a young Brazilian striker.
But it’s been years if not decades of Brazilian wonder kid this and that thought and look how this generation has panned out.

Borninthe80ts

I know it can be frustrating to see other teams hovering up talented young players but I’m not sure we’re missing out as much as we think. Over the last 5 years I’m thinking about the number of youngsters other teams have integrated into the first team in comparison to ours. Not done the research but not that many under 21 I’d reckon.

sparx99

But it’s been years if not decades of Brazilian wonder kid this and that thought and look how this generation has panned out.
There aren’t that many that really get hyped though. Neymar was a resounding success for Barca and the only team in England in the conversation was Chelsea.

Madrid obviously in recent years have had a great success rate at both courting and then developing younger players. Everyone from Odegaard to Camavinga to Vini Jr and now Bellingham and Endrick.

I’m not overly concerned about having wonderkids in the team rather than us not even being in the conversation because we haven’t been a top side and have been bad for young players careers.

All that being said there is something about a young Brazilian kid that can be on another level of hype. They may not pan out but you always hope it’s the next Ronaldo or Ronaldinho or whoever. I think it’s the exotic-ness and unknown nature of them. Obviously you can watch YouTube now but even then you just don’t know how good they will be.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I know it can be frustrating to see other teams hovering up talented young players but I’m not sure we’re missing out as much as we think. Over the last 5 years I’m thinking about the number of youngsters other teams have integrated into the first team in comparison to ours. Not done the research but not that many under 21 I’d reckon.
We had a very real opportunity to get Haaland and Bellingham on the cheap on their way up. That alone would have been enough.
We really should be more attractive to young players than a club like Dortmund. It’s an area we have neglected and it is costing us.

Baxquux

We had a very real opportunity to get Haaland and Bellingham on the cheap on their way up. That alone would have been enough.
We really should be more attractive to young players than a club like Dortmund. It’s an area we have neglected and it is costing us.
One major problem is the big club pressure without the serious guarantee of titles; don't have a best-in-class (or best in league) reputation for u-21/23 to 1st team pipeline, coaching and facilities generally; club 'name', if not board expectations or standards, doesn't allow as much breathing room to develop. Fans aren't as accustomed as Dortmund to not finishing 1st (even though of course most of us have moderated expectations), hence more potential abuse for making mistakes - again, that might not be as true in practice any more, if anything fans are sometimes too accommodating, but that's still the image.

Finally, we're not as amenable to basically-bribing agents, preferring just to wildly overpay clubs for players and not negotiate properly on their wages instead, even when we don't have serious competition and the player knows this is likely the biggest gig they'll get by far. Both City and Chelsea have been happy in recent history, whether through front or back-channels, to pay 'reps' in full when they hone-in on premium players.

croadyman

One major problem is the big club pressure without the serious guarantee of titles; don't have a best-in-class (or best in league) reputation for u-21/23 to 1st team pipeline, coaching and facilities generally; club 'name', if not board expectations or standards, doesn't allow as much breathing room to develop. Fans aren't as accustomed as Dortmund to not finishing 1st (even though of course most of us have moderated expectations), hence more potential abuse for making mistakes - again, that might not be as true in practice any more, if anything fans are sometimes too accommodating, but that's still the image.

Finally, we're not as amenable to basically-bribing agents, preferring just to wildly overpay clubs for players and not negotiate properly on their wages instead, even when we don't have serious competition and the player knows this is likely the biggest gig they'll get by far. Both City and Chelsea have been happy in recent history, whether through front or back-channels, to pay 'reps' in full when they hone-in on premium players.
Yeah certainly in Bellingham case we rolled out the red carpet,however he clearly wanted that Dortmund stepping stone. Always say we should have got Haaland after Molde,however many think he would have gone to Real by now.

Borninthe80ts

See but that’s my point. It’s not like we aren’t making an effort for players, they just wanted to go elsewhere. Those 2 are perfect examples. Bellingham wanted a guarantee of first team football and Haaland and escape clause.
As good as they are in hindsight we should never guarantee a youngster anything and if players want an out before they join, I’d rather they go elsewhere. For me anyway.

roseguy64

There are two financial rules to follow. Premier League and UEFA. It's always wise to remember that.