g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Most postings today have been about an undisciplined Sancho, at Dortmund, with the national team and at United, so I think that wind is turning already. All depends on how Sancho responds, possibly.
Aye, slight exaggeration on my part, insofar as all I've noticed has confirmed that belief (Sutton, Cole, Sheringham, Saha) when of course the obvious situation is that this is not a first hence why ETH resorts to not pretending everything is dandy publicly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He has been sometimes right too, but yeah, he is maybe not the most reliable source.
Indykaila also got things right but only when the others started to advance the news. He posts way too much news that no one else corroborates, and he never follows up on them, either. He basically is today's Indykaila.

Dve

Indykaila also got things right but only when the others started to advance the news. He posts way too much news that no one else corroborates, and he never follows up on them, either. He basically is today's Indykaila.
And I see he's even banned in our Transfer forum, so I will restrain from reposting anything from him again.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
About time everyone behaved like adults and got this sorted properly

I suggest a circle where two enter and only one leaves.

hobbers

Tier 2:
If they think they can demand £50m for Sancho in January or next summer they're utter clowns.

Demanding a deluded amount for McTominay put the whole second half of the transfer window into a desperate spiral and I'm sure the lesson has not been learned.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Loan with obligation = benefit to next year's FFP accounts?

That's my immediate reaction at least
Indeed, it's a sale for the purposes of FFP.

50n might sound like a lot but the Saudis paid 40m for Fabinho, so I think it's the right number for them.

For anyone else, 30m would be good if we can offload those crazy wages.

Matt851

If they think they can demand £50m for Sancho in January or next summer they're utter clowns.

Demanding a deluded amount for McTominay put the whole second half of the transfer window into a desperate spiral and I'm sure the lesson has not been learned.
I think we can safely say the club is run by clowns, barely anything has changed since the days of Ed despite all the pr guff

Kramer

Anwar El Ghazi - would be the Wout Weghorst signing for the wing.

Had pace but not much else. I remember one time we were playing Villa and I was hoping El Ghazi would have more of the ball - simply because he would give it away or do something useless with it

Robertd0803

Is El Ghazi another one of these weird depth signings just for the sake of having a body there?

Wouldnt surprise me remotley considering Pellestri is the only one fit and I reckon we will see Bruno shunted to RW before Pellestri gets a game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sensible. Pellistri may not be Messi but he deserves a chance, I've liked the look of him during his cameos. Believe Mount is a decent option out wide too.

saik

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:

• The 4 key areas according to Luckhurst:
    • Full back - Jeremie Frimpong monitored
    • Centre back - Edmond Tapsoba monitored
    • Centre mid
    • Attack - role not specified
      • Evan Ferguson monitored
  • United are targeting players whose contract will expire in one year (i.e. 2025)
    • Frimpong is one of them
  • United are looking for an athletic centre back to take Varane's spot in the team due to his injury issues.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Tier 2:

• Centre mid
  • United are targeting players whose contract will expire in one year (i.e. 2025)
  • United are looking for an athletic centre back to take Varane's spot in the team due to his injury issues.
That’s the same 4 areas we ‘target’ ever summer! :lol:

Redstain

Tier 2:

• Centre mid
Great example of why Glazer ownership is disingenuous the club seldom make use of the winter market.

Another centre midfielder when Casemiro, Mount and potentially Amrabat have been signed is strange unless the idea is that Amrabat is going back to his parent club or the midfielder is a back up to Casemiro.

I have a funny feeling with Frimpong much like Gakpo, would be ideal for the team but it feels like other signings have been prioritized and when the club do eventually make a move another team will have advanced for his services.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: interview with VG

On whether there were talks of the player being loaned out:
There was talk of something different, but I don’t want to say too much about it. There was some stuff, but we didn’t quite agree.
When pushed on what the different thing was, Hansen-Aarøen mentioned that there will be more clarity in a "few months". He also mentioned that he's open to joining a new club in January [not clear if this is on loan or permanently]. On whether it'll be in the Championship or elsewhere:
There is a lot of interest. If we wanted it to be on a loan, I know we could go.
Finally, he stated that first team football is "very important and a step I will certainly take very soon."

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Great example of why Glazer ownership is disingenuous the club seldom make use of the winter market.

Another centre midfielder when Casemiro, Mount and potentially Amrabat have been signed is strange unless the idea is that Amrabat is going back to his parent club or the midfielder is a back up to Casemiro.

I have a funny feeling with Frimpong much like Gakpo, would be ideal for the team but it feels like other signings have been prioritized and when the club do eventually make a move another team will have advanced for his services.
I suspect we know Casemiro hasn't got too long left so we need to be proactive.

But then I also wouldn't put it past us not having a fecking clue cause we have no idea how to be proactive or plan for replacements.