Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's better away from here till ETH has gone and we've a manager that can actually develop and give chances to these younger players. His cameos have warranted more game time, with a little bit of direction to improve. But he barely got a sniff after any decent game.
Not really. After the Burnley performance, he's not replicated it once. In the Palace cup game he was average, Gala at home he was poor, Newcastle at home was poor. They were big games to prove he can play at the level required and I don't think he's shown he can.

Also, it won't be just Ten Hag making these decisions, it will be Fletcher, Murtogh, etc all coming to the same conclusion.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mistake letting Hannibal go. He could do the ‘Fred’ job with better technique.

El Zoido

Not really. After the Burnley performance, he's not replicated it once. In the Palace cup game he was average, Gala at home he was poor, Newcastle at home was poor. They were big games to prove he can play at the level required and I don't think he's shown he can.

Also, it won't be just Ten Hag making these decisions, it will be Fletcher, Murtogh, etc all coming to the same conclusion.
Frankly I find it hard to judge the potential of any player under Ten Hag, he doesn’t set the team up to allow anyone to realise their potential. The club is a talent vacuum.

Son

Mistake letting Hannibal go. He could do the ‘Fred’ job with better technique.
Fred was miles better than Hannibal. Still is probably too. He might get to Fred’s level someday maybe but he’s way off currently.

Partner Mainoo alongside two other young, technically world class and dynamic mids to control games we might actually win something again.

I hope the club breaks the bank to make it happen and that Benfica kid seems like a good start.

It’s just a shame Madrid took Bellingham he’d have brought so much ability to United. Mainoo and Bellingham in the middle would have been huge in the next decade.

Last edited:

SATA

So it’s not mandatory but only a buy option? Doubt they’ll even exercise it considering how skint and cheapskate these clubs are so this buy back clause is kind of redundant anyway

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tier 2:

More info:

Sounds good on paper but a consequence of being shit means players like Olise and Branthwaite are just going to join better teams.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Tier 2:

More info:

I wonder if we will ever go into a summer window NOT looking for a RB and a CB :D
Also not sure why we are targeting an 8 when we desperately need a 6. Mount, Cas, McT, Eriksen, Kobbie and even Bruno can all play 8, but our system doesn’t use one. Weird. :houllier:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Romano provided an update on that. It looks like INEOS may have played a part in the buy-back clause's inclusion.
Again, who the feck is doing these deals? I understand INEOS at least covering their backs with a buyback clause but why are we doing any kind of business when a new director of football is a month or two away?

AneRu

I wonder if we will ever go into a summer window NOT looking for a RB and a CB :D
Also not sure why we are targeting an 8 when we desperately need a 6. Mount, Cas, McT, Eriksen, Kobbie and even Bruno can all play 8, but our system doesn’t use one. Weird. :houllier:
Maybe now that Licha is back things will improve because that system is meant to have a CB or fullback stepping into midfield to support the DM. Theoretically you would have 4 in midfield to contain the opponent and then revert to a back 4 if you fail to win the ball but we aren't dominant on the ball and we have turnover machines in Bruno and Rashford.

I'd have thought we would be buying a DM to cover Casemiro and then use Kobie as an 8. I think he is a few seasons away from being a top PL DM but he has the skill to play no. 8 effectively.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mainoo is our 6, we need an 8 with physical presence and can go forward and back. I imagine they will also have to be competent at 6 to cover for Mainoo.

That article is quiet hilarious, as it's just our priorities in the summer just gone as well. Saying our focus is a player like Harry Kane is the innovative stuff we really expected from Brailsford and co :rolleyes:.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Isn’t signing 4 players literally the exact same thing we’ve done every summer for the last decade? Outside of RB they’re the exact same fecking positions too. How about we show some ambition, act like the biggest club around rather than just say we are, sell players who shouldn’t be here and overhaul the squad the way we should have done two years ago when we had our worst ever EPL finish in our history.

AneRu

Yep, this is what I would do too.
I fully hope that before committing any money INEOS bring in a proper DOF who can plan the summer window because our squad planning is awful. I wouldn't be buying a RB unless if we suddenly find a way to spend £250m.

My thinking is that the absolute must make signings for us are:
1. DM - can be young (22 or 23) to cover/compete with Casemiro
2. CB to raise the quality and physicality in our defense
3. Striker in the 29 to 33 age range to lessen the impact of Hoijlund's growing pains.

We can suppliment the squad with the likes of Amad, Mainoo (as an 8), Gore, Kambwala, Garnacho etc from the youth. Get us competitive again then assess at the end of next season whether the youngsters have staked a claim for a starting role or we need to make a signing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Isn’t signing 4 players literally the exact same thing we’ve done every summer for the last decade? Outside of RB they’re the exact same fecking positions too. How about we show some ambition, act like the biggest club around rather than just say we are, sell players who shouldn’t be here and overhaul the squad the way we should have done two years ago when we had our worst ever EPL finish in our history.
I'm struggling to believe this anyway, as on Sunday he invited the press in to have a chat and said he couldn't say much until the deal is ratified 4 weeks from now - but now his whole transfer strategy is leaked the next day? Happens to be exactly what it was the summer just gone? Much more like the old way of doing things after a bad result.

IrishRedDevil

‘Manchester United want Harry Kane-level striker…’

ffs!

We literally let the real Harry Kane just leave the league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah, there should be wholesale changes. Instead the majority of these weak mentality and low skill players will remain.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Who the feck is Nizaar Kinsella?
He's mainly focused on Chelsea but has also reported on a bunch of transfer stories involving various other London clubs, hence his reports on Olise's links to United. This particular report, though, is different, but he doesn't wildly speculate in general.

SER19

He's better away from here till ETH has gone and we've a manager that can actually develop and give chances to these younger players. His cameos have warranted more game time, with a little bit of direction to improve. But he barely got a sniff after any decent game.
Strange criticism of ten hag. Mid way through his second season and he's integrated garnacho and mainoo as close to first teamers, not to mention signing a 20 year old striker. Guys like Gore, Kambwala, Pellistri and now hopefully Diallo have all had time in and around the first team squad. You might think hannibal deserved to play more, but to suggest we dont have a manager who is willing to develop and give chances to young players is bizarre. How many other top sides are routinely starting teenagers in key positions? People complain we didn't replace fred, yet mainoo (who he gave a debut to last season) has clearly been promoted to first team squad in his place. He can't win

EDIT: sorry i forgot i was in transfer thread

ti vu

Mainoo maybe deemed as future long term no 6. We have a bunch of no 8 that can do a job occasionally, but none of them really be a long term solution. That midfield would need gutting and reinforcing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Hannibal Mejbri joins Sevilla on loan with a buy option. There's also a buy-back clause as well as a sell-on clause.