Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

gajender

All the best goalscorers in the P.L have a lot of penalties - and 24 in 70 from open play is still a hell of a lot better than what we have at the moment. But just to clarify- that doesn't mean I want us to sign him
What we have here is a young talented striker who is finding his feat after a tough start in dysfunctional team who most probably would still better Toney's PL first season tally excluding Penalties .

gajender

I mean Ashworth is an excellent DoF and all but can't we be bit original and get someone different, or is it only Ashworth or bust?
Take it with pinch of Salt but chances are United would get DOF whose appointment might be complete surprise to most .

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ashworth is top tier, would be a great back room signing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
i thought that was a sign of a manager who hasnt a clue what he's doing. Or is that just when ten hag does it
One or two is fine in the first window but if that's all we ever sign then. Casemiro was a club signing rather than manager's pick so everyone else we've signed has seemingly been someone ETH knows already.

Gordon S

People say Ashworth is the best DoF or sporting director in the business. What has he done that proves that?

Rockets Redglare

If we've identified and are attempting to get an excellent DOF why the hell are you crying out for novelty? It seems a very odd criticism.
Yeah we could sign Mbappe, but why not go a bit left field and bring Weghorst back instead?

Conor

I mean Ashworth is an excellent DoF and all but can't we be bit original and get someone different, or is it only Ashworth or bust?
This is almost as bad as whoever was complaining about us potentially signing multiple best in class executives instead of just one.

Gordon S

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seen quite a few posts saying he is the best we can get. So was just curious what he has done to deserve that praise. Just from this page:
Neither one of those say ashworth is the best DoF in the business. The first post you quoted is saying the opposite infact.

Gordon S

Neither one of those say ashworth is the best DoF in the business. The first post you quoted is saying the opposite infact.
He is saying he is an excellent DoF, next one is saying Top tier. Seen lot of similar high praise in other threads.
He is clearly very highly rated.

saik

Pass for me, he's quite injury prone.

Not sure where he'd fit in, unless we're selling one, or both of Antony and Amad.
Was about to say the same. Although an obvious upgrade on Antony, he seems very injury prone this season.

lysglimt

Scout
People say Ashworth is the best DoF or sporting director in the business. What has he done that proves that?
Well it appears he was in charge of signing players like Trossard, Maupay, Webster. Caicedo, Cucurella and Mitoma - for more or less the same amount we spent on Antony

So that may not make him the best in the business - but it makes him a hell of a lot better than what we have :)

cyberman

Was about to say the same. Although an obvious upgrade on Antony, he seems very injury prone this season.
To be fair he’s been managed like shit by Woy. I wouldn’t read that much into it

OmarUnited4ever

If we've identified and are attempting to get an excellent DOF why the hell are you crying out for novelty? It seems a very odd criticism.
I'm not against Ashworth at all but I thought we might need to consider others as well unless that has been done. My post might have sounded like a complaint but it wasn't really as I did acknowledge Ashworth being an excellent DoF.

Gordon S

Well it appears he was in charge of signing players like Trossard, Maupay, Webster. Caicedo, Cucurella and Mitoma - for more or less the same amount we spent on Antony

So that may not make him the best in the business - but it makes him a hell of a lot better than what we have :)
Thanks!
I found his thread in the football forum. It is indeed promising!

Gordon S

Do you ever stop fecking moaning about everything? You are a depressing human.
It was a genuine question. I’ve just seen him getting tons of praise and wasn’t clued in on him. I found his thread in the football forum and know more now.
I will try to be less depressing in the future boss!

Conor

It was a genuine question. I’ve just seen him getting tons of praise and wasn’t clued in on him. I found his thread in the football forum and know more now.
I will try to be less depressing in the future boss!
I may have confused you with another Gordon that has never posted a positive thing in his time on the forum, apologies.

roseguy64

I'm not against Ashworth at all but I thought we might need to consider others as well unless that has been done. My post might have sounded like a complaint but it wasn't really as I did acknowledge Ashworth being an excellent DoF.
Why would you assume others hadn't been considered?