Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
09/10 vibes. Not quite the big loss of Ronaldo/Tevez, but the definite lack of incoming players when all rivals are strengthening well will effectively screw Ten Hag over, and he'll be held accountable if he doesn't secure 4th.

It's getting to the point where the owners appear to be taking decisions and biding their time maliciously.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think it's looking likely that the Glazer family may have sanctioned the club to spend ~£60m, with the club solely focused on Mount. The rest of the spending may come if the ownership is sorted.

Now, if the Glazer family do stay on I expect a late flurry of activity in August.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think it's looking likely that the Glazer family may have sanctioned the club to spend ~£60m, with the club solely focused on Mount. The rest of the spending may come if the ownership is sorted.

Now, if the Glazer family do stay on I expect a late flurry of activity in August.
Funny how we’re on course to spend over 100M

£55M on Mount
€50M on Onana

So not sure how it’s “looking likely”

gajender

Funny how we’re on course to spend over 100M

£55M on Mount
€50M on Onana

So not sure how it’s “looking likely”
Mount is the Only one for whom United have made official Bids , Onana Links are mostly pushed by Italian Sources yet to be corroborated by Usual Credible English one . But OP is also dealing in Conjecture and Speculation which also seems far from actual reality as well .

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Mount is the Only one for whom United have made official Bids , Onana Links are mostly pushed by Italian Sources yet to be corroborated by Usual Credible English one . But OP is also dealing in Conjecture and Speculation which also seems far from actual reality as well .
I know it’s only Italian sources thus far, but seems far too much smoke for their not to be a fire. Fingers crossed it’s something of substance

gajender

I know it’s only Italian sources thus far, but seems far too much smoke for their not to be a fire. Fingers crossed it’s something of substance
We definitely need a New Keeper and he seem to fit the profile with the added bonus of having played for Ten Hag already . Hopefully he is at least in conversation .

Last edited:

hobbers

It will be the plans to sign a striker that will be most hurt by the glazers

Club might commit £100m for Mount and Onana but the rest of the window will be trying to sell players and waiting for the glazers to make their minds up. Then panic last week chase for forwards.

Lee565

At what point are we officially allowed to start worrying about this transfer window?
The point the season ended and thr glazers were still in charge, the history speaks for itself at how incompetent we are in transfer windows with yhe leeches and throw in the fact that they have left the club in limbo with how much transfer funds are available whilst they try to milk The club out of as much money as possible as they string out the sale as long as possible for their own selfish gain

RyRy11

His peers at other clubs are paid less than him and perform better. So how does the pay thing matter?
Depends on the mentality of the player, they don't usually just accept drastically reduced terms. Imagine you got a huge payrise at work and then when it came to renewal you thought you did a good job and they said they'd offer you a contract with reduced pay, would you stay on and work as hard? If De Gea recognises that he isn't worth the contract he got before then that's not really a mindset we should have at this club, we should want players that look to improve year on year.

OmarUnited4ever

The Athletic's Dan Sheldon reported United contacted Onana's camp

SteveCoppellFan

If United's new financial year starts on the 1st July then its understandable we would not be signing anyone until July, quite possible we have deals done but cannot disclose these until July.

Its a fair assumption, might not be true but entirely possible.

Woziak

How exactly is sanctioning more funds from an existing credit line going to affect anything for the Glazers? Don’t get the connection there.
There isn’t any, it’s more media conjecture and making up stories, first it was FFP now it’s The Glazers why the club are not spending because they don’t want to use their credit card which they’ve paid off minus £40m, leaving £260m plus £70m cash reserves. Jesus you couldn’t make up the inept reporting on the club, if we spend £250m at most we will actually spend £25m in signing on and Agent fees plus £70-80m actual payments to the clubs as most deals will be amortised over 4/5 years.

Woziak

If United's new financial year starts on the 1st July then its understandable we would not be signing anyone until July, quite possible we have deals done but cannot disclose these until July.

Especially more likely with the new FSP rules

astracrazy

I thought our transfers will come from the 200M credit line, so it will have nothing to do with the glazers. Due to be cleared down to 40M giving us 160M. I'm pretty the amount we will spend will be down to FFP not the glazers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Isn't that the case with all summer transfers though? Even the ones that have already been announced don't officially go through until July 1. So I don't think it makes a difference.

NLunited

No it's not reasonable to offer a player a contract that is lower than the contract you offered him a few weeks or a month earlier that he signed - especially as that contract was a lot lower than what he had before. To offer a contract that is lower than the one he got 5 years earlier - yes that can be reasonable - agreed.

This has nothing to do with acting like a big club - this has to do acting without class. Kinda like Barcelona did last summer
So we should just sign the high contract extension we offered a while ago?

We don‘t know what happened, but it is better to turn back before a huge mistake is made.

It‘s nothing like Barcelona, this looks like chaos in the boardroom not deliberate actions to push someone put the door and cheat them out of deferred wages.

sparx99

Why is that the newspaper stories about De Gea’s reduced offer is taken as gospel? We don’t believe every transfer rumour and this one just feels like newspaper gossip designed to make the club look bad.

It actually sounds like more of a misunderstanding. We offered De Gea a reduction on his 375k deal. He decided to sign that new deal and then we decided to hold off. I don’t think we changed the terms of the new deal.

I just don’t think we signed it because Onana became a possibility at a lower price than Diogo Costa was touted.

Syphon Wallet

It's obviously the manner of how we've gone about it to be fair. Which has been a bit shitty.
He could have signed the contract when it was first offered to him.
He didn't because he was thinking about himself and how he could get more money.
We don't have to offer a contract forever without changing our minds
Self inclicted here.

roseguy64

This window is incredibly worrying. Assuming we will sign Onana at this stage and probably Mount. We will then have to sell to fund Hojlund deal. Expect the latter to drag on until the end of the window.

Not a good enough window for what we needed.
Worry about the window when it's done. It's useless getting upset when thins can change in the blink of an eye one way or the other.

roseguy64

We literally had a face to face meeting with his agent recently.

MUFC OK

Worry about the window when it's done. It's useless getting upset when thins can change in the blink of an eye one way or the other.
I’m pretty apathetic about it. Resigned to the fact that this is how we will be run with glazers and their yes men in situ.

We are setting ourselves up to repeat mistakes of the past though like overpaying and getting g a stop gap striker for example, let’s see.

gajender

We literally had a face to face meeting with his agent recently.
About meeting With Onana's agent , would be wary of believing it unless it's reported by some of the credible English sources .

Last edited:

klayton88

What a shit tweet. Tells us absolutely nothing we didn't know days ago. Stealing a living these football writers.