Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

city-puma

60m sounds about right. 65 at max. If they insist on 70+, just walk away. Play Rashford as 10 or Sancho as false 9. Rather that than overpaying for an unproven youngster.
60mil sterling pounds? This world is crazy!

sleepehead

Thursday? Is it going by bus?

Not sure of the strategy here, Atlanta wanted a quicker resolution and we have to presume the player has rebuffed PSGs interest
I've noticed in the past seldom will we do any transfer business on game days. With us playing Tuesday and Wednesday in the US I doubt anything would happen until then

sparx99

I've noticed in the past seldom will we do any transfer business on game days. With us playing Tuesday and Wednesday in the US I doubt anything would happen until then
Probably just a coincidence seeing as there’s a whole team whose job it is to buy players not play games. More likely we like to keep announcements to game-free days to maximise social media interactions.

CG1010

Looks like this is more advanced than the Hojlund pursuit. Interesting because as everyone is saying, we are absolutely stuffed in terms of number of midfielders.

Without counting Bruno as he pretty much plays every game and his backup could be Sancho, we will have Cas, Fred, Mctominay, Erikson, DVB, Mount, Mainoo and now Ambarat - 8 for 2 positions! We will definitely need to let go 3. ETH must be super confident of the sale process.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Looks like this is more advanced than the Hojlund pursuit. Interesting because as everyone is saying, we are absolutely stuffed in terms of number of midfielders.

Without counting Bruno as he pretty much plays every game and his backup could be Sancho, we will have Cas, Fred, Mctominay, Erikson, DVB, Mount, Mainoo and now Ambarat - 8 for 2 positions! We will definitely need to let go 3. ETH must be super confident of the sale process.
I think Fred and McTominay will be at new clubs come the first game of the season.

Donny will be harder to shift, but there's a big chance he will go too.

ArbeitervonWien

I see I quite different. As it stands we have 7 senior options for 3 midfield positions + 1-2 rookies. I don't think Sancho is not a Bruno back-up, because he plays rather as a 8/10 hybrid. Bar Casemiro none of them is suited for the lone DM-role we'd like to play. So I think there is certainly a need for an Amrabat.

Of course we'd have to shift at least 1 senior midfielder. But if we are serious to do so, it won't be a problem to sell McTominay or Fred. Only for DVB it will be hard to find a taker.

6-7 experienced midfielders + 1 rookie (I guess Hannibal will be sold or loaned out) would be absolutely fine for 3 positions. With Amrabat we'd have good cover for all positions and gain a lot of tactical flexibility.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Happy for the lad. Always gave it his all and played with a smile on his face. Hope he kills it at Forest.

swred

There is a rumour going around locally & a few people around my way have been sticking some money on Utd being in for Ollie Watkins.
Apparently rumour was that Utd wanted Kane, but that Watkins was being lined up as a potential alternative.

Only evidence i can offer is that Watkins is a local lad & it's been mentioned between mutual friends.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
There is a rumour going around locally & a few people around my way have been sticking some money on Utd being in for Ollie Watkins.
Apparently rumour was that Utd wanted Kane, but that Watkins was being lined up as a potential alternative.

Only evidence i can offer is that Watkins is a local lad & it's been mentioned between mutual friends.
Would be a great choice but no pressure on Villa to sell imo.

Suv666

This is true. I am Ollie Watkins, can confirm. Ten Haag wants me, the beautiful bald bastard

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Villa would demand more than Atalanta want for Hojlund.