Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

lysglimt

Scout
I’ve never actually seen Hojlund play much. But are we pinning all our hopes on a striker who scored 9 league goals last season?
Or on a striker who started the qualifiers with 6 goals in 4 matches for Denmark. Depends on how you want to look at it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ve never actually seen Hojlund play much. But are we pinning all our hopes on a striker who scored 9 league goals last season?
No, that'd be crazy.

We're also hoping Martial can play more than 8 times next year, or that we can convert Sancho into a front man.

prateik

No, that'd be crazy.

We're also hoping Martial can play more than 8 times next year, or that we can convert Sancho into a front man.
Or hopefully sell everyone and give Levy whatever the feck he wants for Kane.

:(

AFC NimbleThumb

Or on a striker who started the qualifiers with 6 goals in 4 matches for Denmark. Depends on how you want to look at it
If we’re buying him based on 4 games I’d be disappointed but I get the point you’re attempting to make.

Lee565

Would Watkins really cost more than hojlund at this point with what atalanta are asking for him?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would Watkins really cost more than hojlund at this point with what atalanta are asking for him?
They've just spent £50m on a winger. Why would sell their striker to us? They'll be aiming to compete with us if anything.

2E_MUFC

Hatrick against Finland and goals against Kazakhstan and Slovenia don’t really scream top quality opponent too be fair.

BoulderDevil

Hatrick against Finland and goals against Kazakhstan and Slovenia don’t really scream top quality opponent too be fair.
+3000k + messages on a football forum doesn’t exactly scream football scout. But what do I know.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know what Watkins contract status is, but I don't see Villa selling for anything less 75m, which is mental, but they've no need to sell, they're loaded and looking to really push on.

JimmyWils

Or hopefully sell everyone and give Levy whatever the feck he wants for Kane.

:(
Please no.

Even if the only reason for doing this is to make Levy realise he can't demand ridiculous fees for player and force them to spend extra years at that place before they can leave on a free.

Baxquux

At 3.23/4.23am. Who exactly is he updating and why isn't he asleep?
He has at least one PA, surely, now that he's seriously monetarizing the Romano brand. Of course he could be fortunate (?) enough to only need 4 hours sleep a night to function...

manuchamp88

He has at least one PA, surely, now that he's seriously monetarizing the Romano brand. Of course he could be fortunate (?) enough to only need 4 hours sleep a night to function...
Maybe, but I imagine most of his following is from the UK or mainland Europe, anyway? Seems really bizarre to be tweeting at that time.

Sir Chapman

I mean, it’s not up to Man Utd really, it’s up to Atalanta to drop their ridiculous extortionate valuation.
It's also up to Hojlund to come out publicly and say he want to move to us. Otherwise, Atlanta will play hard ball and increase his value and we end up paying a ridiculous amount. I hope we stick to our max. 60 mio. and take it or leave it! Sorry, but I do not see a point paying exaggerating amount for someone who had one good year in total (except his six months in Austria).

Real Name

Cool post. Would be cooler if you could explain why.
Cause in transfer dealings there's negotiation going on, you dont pay the price selling club has set right away.
Its not like you negotiate in Tesco for a pack of gum with a cashier.

sparx99

It's also up to Hojlund to come out publicly and say he want to move to us. Otherwise, Atlanta will play hard ball and increase his value and we end up paying a ridiculous amount. I hope we stick to our max. 60 mio. and take it or leave it! Sorry, but I do not see a point paying exaggerating amount for someone who had one good year in total (except his six months in Austria).
Half of any transfer fee these days is based on potential. If we get it right then we have a 20yr old striker who can lead the line for the next 10 years.

Tarrou

I'm really, really hoping that 45m valuation of McTominay is negotiating posing, and that it works. Because if it's true that he and Maguire are seen as valuable squad players we'd hate to lose, something's wrong.
of course it isn’t true

Maguire is like 4th or 5th choice, even Shaw plays out of position before him

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
So you want him to throw a public tantrum to force his move? He's been at Atalanta for just a season, by all accounts he's happy there and they treated him well, why would he disrespect the club that way? If he did that I wonder why you guys would be interested. That means in one or two years he'd throw another tantrum to force a transfer to Madrid or Barcelona, and I bet you wouldnt feel the same way about it.

scottser

So you want him to throw a public tantrum to force his move? He's been at Atalanta for just a season, by all accounts he's happy there and they treated him well, why would he disrespect the club that way? If he did that I wonder why you guys would be interested. That means in one or two years he'd throw another tantrum to force a transfer to Madrid or Barcelona, and I bet you wouldnt feel the same way about it.
exactly right.
this is all part of the transfer ballet, and soon siefried and odette will perish, the swan maidens will be set free and we shall have our striker.

Sir Chapman

Half of any transfer fee these days is based on potential. If we get it right then we have a 20yr old striker who can lead the line for the next 10 years.
Indeed, "If" we get it right, we would have finally a decent striker for many years. Although, I doubt he will stay for 10 years but if he stays 5 years, develops greatly and contribtues to our success, and we sell him for the right price to another club, we have done a great business. Unfortunately, nowadays, especially now with the insane money from Saudi Arabia, USA and China, you will not see many players staying at one club for 10 years.

Well, it is a tricky situation for him. He came to Atlanta just a season ago, developed there well and now wants a move to the next stage of his career. Atlanta should also be aware they got him for approx. 15 Mio. from Sturm Graz, and would make an unbelievable move. As regards to the "tantrum situation", there is no disrespect at all, but rather a typical next step in the football business. Look at Haaland, he stayed one year in Austria, two years in Germany and moved to City - and I am pretty sure he will not stay there for many years as he want to move to his next move, most probably to Real or Barca. No club made any problems during every move since they know what talent they had and there has been always found an agreement - of course apart from that release clause. Atlanta is aware we are looking for a striker desperately, hence they want to get the best deal ever. Even PSG who can pay anything for anyone they want, resist to pay more than 50 Mio. I just think Atlanta should not be too greedy with their price tag of 80 Mio. just because it is United and we should not be getting carried too much away. I think it would be a good deal for both clubs if we agree on 60 Mio.

led_scholes

Maybe, but I imagine most of his following is from the UK or mainland Europe, anyway? Seems really bizarre to be tweeting at that time.
I don't have twitter but I think you can write a tweet and post it later. And I assume that the only reason you do this is to feed the algorithm and have your presence all the time.