Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I’d be pissed if I was hendo as well, nice way to feel wanted by a club
Leave Uniteds bench to sit on Forests bench
Yeah, that hasn't actually happened, so you're making this up and passing it off as fact.

Maybe they'll buy Navas or maybe they'll buy Henderson, but it seems unlikely they'll buy one and keep the other on the bench.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Don't really understand why people think we shouldn't sell him at that price. West Ham might not raise it and we'll be stuck with him. He adds absolutely nothing to this team. Take your loss. Plus at 20mil we might not even have to buy him out, so what's the point? We'll never get 40 in a million years.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Don't really understand why people think we shouldn't sell him at that price. West Ham might not raise it and we'll be stuck with him. He adds absolutely nothing to this team. Take your loss. Plus at 20mil we might not even have to buy him out, so what's the point? We'll never get 40 in a million years.
Maybe not, but we could get 35

dutchred

I agree, think also what we would save in salary. we could wait for someone to bid higher but in the meantime we will still be paying his wages

Suv666

Agree with that but 20m is too low we must be confident of a counter, dumb move otherwise. Half a loaf and all that

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Agree with that but 20m is too low we must be confident of a counter, dumb move otherwise. Half a loaf and all that
I think it's low too considering he's still valued in the national team, but with that 10m buy out in mind we might not get a chance like this again. It would be dumb indeed if we fail to offload him this summer.

SirScholes

Yeah, that hasn't actually happened, so you're making this up and passing it off as fact.

Maybe they'll buy Navas or maybe they'll buy Henderson, but it seems unlikely they'll buy one and keep the other on the bench.
Im
Not passing it off as fact haha simmer down for fecks sake

Borussia Teeth

£30m will not get you a replacement at the level of Maguire in this market. Should be £40m+.
I don't think we need a 5th choice to be that high a level. Evans will do. Another 8-10m to cover his amortization is a good deal. We will struggle to sell elsewhere with his wages.

Dazzmondo

£20m was always what I thought we were likely to get for Maguire considering his wages. I think a lot of people don't realise how much higher the wages we pay our players are than most clubs, especially when it comes to what we pay our average players. The clubs that would be interested in Maguire can't afford £190k per week.

UpWithRivers

£20m was always what I thought we were likely to get for Maguire considering his wages. I think a lot of people don't realise how much higher the wages we pay our players are than most clubs, especially when it comes to what we pay our average players. The clubs that would be interested in Maguire can't afford £190k per week.
Their top earner is what? 150? They offered Rice 200. So the tight arses can pay if the want to. Top players in this day and age ask for top cash and even if everyone doesnt like Harry, West Ham needs to cough up if they want to attract top players. They can pay 150. We pay off the extra 40 for 2 years of his contract thats what 4/5 mill. So they should bid 40. 5 goes to Maguire and 35 to us.

Dazzmondo

Their top earner is what? 150? They offered Rice 200. So the tight arses can pay if the want to. Top players in this day and age ask for top cash and even if everyone doesnt like Harry, West Ham needs to cough up if they want to attract top players. They can pay 150. We pay off the extra 40 for 2 years of his contract thats what 4/5 mill. So they should bid 40. 5 goes to Maguire and 35 to us.
Maguire's not a top player though

Dazzmondo

Current England Captain. If West Ham want him you think they can pay him less than their top earners? Good luck with that.
With the exception of Paqueta who's on £150k, their top earners Ings and Zouma are on £125k. That's £65k less than Maguire's current salary for a clearly average defender, regardless of his England status. Zouma's a better cb than Maguire imo.

Also, Maguire isn't English captain, Kane is.

Woziak

Thanks to both @unplayable and @mav_9me from the Rasmus Højlund thread (both Tier 3):

If this is settled at €65m plus €10m for a 20 year old, then this is not terrible businesses, his wages will be low probably €5m per season so 5 year contract is €90m or £56m plus £8.5m with £4.2m per year which is 80k Per week, would take our actual spend to £55m for Mount, £43m for Onanan and £56m for Hojlund, Total of £154m - £24m in player sales so £130m net

Dazzmondo

If this is settled at €65m plus €10m for a 20 year old, then this is not terrible businesses, his wages will be low probably €5m per season so 5 year contract is €90m or £56m plus £8.5m with £4.2m per year which is 80k Per week, would take our actual spend to £55m for Mount, £43m for Onanan and £56m for Hojlund, Total of £154m - £24m in player sales so £130m net
We'll see. I thought the same about Antony and he ended up getting £200k per week

Dazzmondo

For England's first choice CB, surely £40M to £50M is about right.

What would John Sones be worth? About the same, I would have thought.
You're seriously trying to claim Stones isn't a significantly better defender than Maguire? He was one of the most important players in a City team that just won the Treble

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Another brief. Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Kobbie Mainoo's injury means that there's a decent chance of McTominay staying in the club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Boca Juniors consulted Manchester United about a possible loan deal for Facundo Pellistri. Emiliano Raddi told ESPN AM today that the xeneize released another foreigner [for the] quota. Will they arrive together with Edi [Cavani] to Argentina as they did to England?

Status
Not open for further replies.