Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

johnnyteutonic

WTF is going on ?

-Unable to move on dead wood....
-No money or desire to improve key areas of squad that need urgent attention
-Selling our young prospects to Dutch clubs for pittance
-No club sale still

Its not a great time to be a united fan.
Honestly, I agree with you.
This has been a pretty depressing time to be a United fan.
It seems like everything went to an abrupt standstill following number 11 drama.
I think they might be concentrating on that issue right now.
They really should be able to multi-task though.
Would be nice to hear some news regarding Williams, DVB, Bailly and Henderson.
I know we won't get money from Bailly but the other three we should be able to get some money for, provided they aren't those annoying 'loan-to-buy' deals.

I would be very surprised if we didn't get at least two incomings by the end of the window - GK and DM.

Reynoldo

The rumors about Varane for a potential move to Saudi Arabia don't stop. I hope this is just nonsense rumour, however, since the transfer window there is 20 days longer than in the PL, there will be always a risk of losing a player during that time while our transfer window is closed. It would be desaster to lose Varane at this time without any quality replacement and be forced with Lindelöf and Maguire.
Nah I reckon he stays. What I do fully expect to happen though is for us to miss out on Pavard and any other CB and for Varane to get injured a week into September and for us to be looking at Slabhead once again tanking around the place.

flameinthesun

Thanks for the input
On the youth prospect part its because there has not been a lot of good to great talent coming through these last couple years apart from the obvious like Garnacho, Mason. The majority of our youth prospects don't really go on to do much once sold hence the low fees we get. From memory Gomes is doing good, Januzaj, Ramazani are doing okay but no-one else really. Plus the likes of Emeran was not even a good to great player for the u23s so I think we are getting the fees that we can for our youth players.

Burkeovic

Greenwood is gone neutral decision about to be announced 3pm on twitter my mate works for the press.

garelo

No point of taking Gravenberch on loan if there's no option to make it permanent. We are not Bayern's feeder club.

M4YON

To sum up, the investigation found that he didn't do what he was accused of BUT because mob rule believe that he did, he should continue his career elsewhere.

Crazy, they should release the full investigation details because that's a bold statement to make.

K Stand Knut

To sum up, the investigation found that he didn't do what he was accused of BUT because mob rule believe that he did, he should continue his career elsewhere.

Crazy, they should release the full investigation details because that's a bold statement to make.
Are you serious??

You want the club to release information about their investigation when it is, in the main; private information about an allegation of serious sexual offences.

You simply cannot do that!

M4YON

Are you serious??

You want the club to release information about their investigation when it is, in the main; private information about an allegation of serious sexual offences.

You simply cannot do that!
Yes, it's his career and entire life on the line. If what they are saying is true and that after a year long investigation, he did not do what whole world believes he did, that's a very bold statement to make and they should release the information that proves that.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The rumors about Varane for a potential move to Saudi Arabia don't stop. I hope this is just nonsense rumour, however, since the transfer window there is 20 days longer than in the PL, there will be always a risk of losing a player during that time while our transfer window is closed. It would be desaster to lose Varane at this time without any quality replacement and be forced with Lindelöf and Maguire.
Rafa isn’t going anywhere. He’s already said he wants to stay at least 1 year more.

edcunited1878

Yes, it's his career and entire life on the line. If what they are saying is true and that after a year long investigation, he did not do what whole world believes he did, that's a very bold statement to make and they should release the information that proves that.
There are things we will never be privy to and this is one of them. There's so much legal and sensitive material that had and never will reach the public eye and it should be so, 100%.

There was a criminal investigation then employer investigation. Journos should also release all their sources and material info that only painted one picture of showing the club as inept to make a decision? But that's hardly the actual case.

Move on and accept Greenwood will never wear a United shirt again.

UTD_Since_1978

So, we are not even going to get a transfer fee for Greenwood then, right?

I wonder which team he will eventually join, maybe a Saudi one as women's rights are not that highly thought over there, so I hear, even women's wrestlers were not allowed to perform in the middle east if I recall correctly.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So, we are not even going to get a transfer fee for Greenwood then, right?

I wonder which team he will eventually join, maybe a Saudi one as women's rights are not that highly thought over there, so I hear, even women's wrestlers were not allowed to perform in the middle east if I recall correctly.
Seems a slightly facetious point you are making, but I don’t think the Saudi league would be the best option for his development. He’s still a young player who was developing his game.

K Stand Knut

Why??? It’s nothing to do with the whole world.

I agree it’s a bold statement but what company in the world is ever going to release information, not already in the public domain, following an internal investigation.

I’d be surprised if they know a whole lot more about the investigation other than what the people involved have told them directly because I can’t imagine the CPS or the Police revealing anything about the evidence or the allegations for obvious reasons

M4YON

Why??? It’s nothing to do with the whole world.

I agree it’s a bold statement but what company in the world is ever going to release information, not already in the public domain, following an internal investigation.

I’d be surprised if they know a whole lot more about the investigation other than what the people involved have told them directly because I can’t imagine the CPS or the Police revealing anything about the evidence or the allegations for obvious reasons
If it wasn't anything to do with the whole world then United wouldn't have made the decision they did. The decision was best for the club and for Mason and his family BECAUSE of how the whole world would have and was reacting.

I'd like to keep any further discussion about MG out of here though, have a thread for it now.

M4YON

That'd be a good move for Deano
Agreed still think it'll be difficult to get a backup goalkeeper in now with them knowing they'd definitely be getting limited playing time.

Was easier to convince keepers like Romero that they were competing for No.1 when De Gea was here because he was having a nightmare for form.

James35

Trying to get excited about Henderson potentially going (although a month too late) but all I see the club doing is faffing around trying to sign his replacement whilst still totally ignoring signing a sodding midfielder, a bloody necessity, due to ffp bollocks!

Roll on January when we are struggling in the league and back playing in the Europa…trying to see what crap we can get on loan again whilst other teams spend money.

Think today’s news, the Glazers still being here and our midfield being weaker than a puppies fart, just has me very wound up with the club. Think I need to get an early night haha.

Chairman Steve

We’re not far away from finally dumping off all the stupid Woodward contracts. Martial is on his last season at best (no way are we taking up the additional year option). Henderson would rather be anywhere else but here basically. Maguire will be down his last year next June and will be really cheap if he’s still here.

RedUnited86

We’re not far away from finally dumping off all the stupid Woodward contracts. Martial is on his last season at best (no way are we taking up the additional year option). Henderson would rather be anywhere else but here basically. Maguire will be down his last year next June and will be really cheap if he’s still here.
Casemiro's is going to be a big issue if Saudi don't come calling.

Dve

Our only half-decent CB after the starting two. Can't afford to lose him.
Nope. And I think there is no chance Lindelöf would switch Utd for Rennes. Alt. Madrid perhaps, to get regular game time, but not Rennes.

Plastic Evra

Nope. And I think there is no chance Lindelöf would switch Utd for Rennes. Alt. Madrid perhaps, to get regular game time, but not Rennes.
I don't know how reliable the numbers are but the SRFC best paid player gets 2m€+ (I suspect gross and before tax)... a year. Lindelof supposedly gets 6m£ gross a year. Even with a fat signing bonus that's quite the gap.
Next season he enters his final year, I could see him valuing the game time or all the other things (change of scenery, galettes saucisses...). If he's happy here, considering MU is not selling, doubt it's happening.