Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Chairman Steve

Fairly disappointing considering Antony has no competition for the RW position.
On the optimistic side, surely it means we’re looking to buy someone who can play there though. With Greenwood being shipped out and Pellistri supposedly going out on loan, we’ve got to have another body in there next to Antony. I don’t know whether Amad may get the gig based on his Sunderland exploits or something exciting like Kudus comes up, who is someone who can play RW and CF.

M4YON

On the optimistic side, surely it means we’re looking to buy someone who can play there though. With Greenwood being shipped out and Pellistri supposedly going out on loan, we’ve got to have another body in there next to Antony. I don’t know whether Amad may get the gig based on his Sunderland exploits or something exciting like Kudus comes up, who is someone who can play RW and CF.
One can only hope you are right.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
So, we are not even going to get a transfer fee for Greenwood then, right?

I wonder which team he will eventually join, maybe a Saudi one as women's rights are not that highly thought over there, so I hear, even women's wrestlers were not allowed to perform in the middle east if I recall correctly.

Yeah you're wrong

Ted Lasso

Yeah you're wrong
Awful absolutely awful the way they're treating the female wrestlers there, forcing them to wear T-shirts and pants and not giving them freedom to flop their tits and butts around.

Shame on them for also having more progressive abortion rights than some of these repealed laws in US states. Savages. The Americ...err...middle eas.. err

HILLSIDE

Remember when we had no right wingers at the club and brought in a young Pellistri and Amad!

We have terrible owners.

Sir Chapman

who would you sign who is better than Varane ? The drop off in quality after our first 2 CH‘s is massive.
I would take Todibo or Pavard (he can also play as a CB). The quality decrease is huge if someone of our two starters drop.

Didn't realise this. That is pretty terrifying. Any player could refuse to play and demand a move and the PL team would be pretty screwed.
Exactly! The extended transfer window in Saudi Arabia is a problem all European clubs face. It is a huge risk and if they get one player, the European club's hands are tied in order to get a replacement. The UEFA should regulate this and, especially in this particular situation, align the transfer window so all leagues have equal rights.

Nah I reckon he stays. What I do fully expect to happen though is for us to miss out on Pavard and any other CB and for Varane to get injured a week into September and for us to be looking at Slabhead once again tanking around the place.
Unfortunately, I have the same feeling and we'll probably end up with Martinez and Maguire and a new season of memes incoming. Only thing is, in case we finalize the one-year-contract with Evans, we would have another option, but at the same time we are not a retirement home and need quality replacement. I hope Varane stays fit as long as possible.

pascell

We’re not far away from finally dumping off all the stupid Woodward contracts. Martial is on his last season at best (no way are we taking up the additional year option). Henderson would rather be anywhere else but here basically. Maguire will be down his last year next June and will be really cheap if he’s still here.
Bailly is still a Man United player.

Kramer

Where are the damn rumours? Who are we signing FFS.

Are we really going in to the season with just 3 signings?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Where are the damn rumours? Who are we signing FFS.

Are we really going in to the season with just 3 signings?
Yup. No more transfers.

Edit - except for goal keepers that no one has heard of :lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We're at the stage where any new signings are contingent on getting cash in for players leaving. So I doubt we'll sign anyone unless we get one of or a couple of Henderson, VdB, Williams, Maguire, Mctominay etc off our books.

seasidedaz

We are in a mess on and off the pitch. It’s a circus and this is what happens when leave clowns in charge. I think our window has been not as good as it should have it cold have been better been better. I have a feeling the MG replacement will be bought in 8 years time.

James35

I’m just looking forward to next summer window so we can finally sign a fecking midfielder.

hobbers

City signing Doku while we desperately flog our best right winger on a loan deal to Sheffield, beautiful

flameinthesun

City signing Doku while we desperately flog our best right winger on a loan deal to Sheffield, beautiful
Where does this weird "Pellestri" is our best right winger come from, as its certainly not based on his performances and talent since joining United or from his loan spells.

hobbers

United sign Doku for £55M & the CAF would have been up in arms
Joke is if Pellistri played for a dutch team Ten Hag had managed or faced we'd probably have bid £50m for him by now.

Where does this weird "Pellestri" is our best right winger come from, as its certainly not based on his performances and talent since joining United or from his loan spells.
From Antony and Sancho being complete garbage on literally 10x the wages.

tomaldinho1

I think we might have the worst forum in terms of the 'grass is greener' when it comes to any young player.

James35

As a traditional winger, pace, getting to the byline etc Pellistri looks a better player than Antony and Sancho to me. However he has played nowhere near enough to prove that. I would have liked him to stay but unfortunately Antony will continue to get picked because he is the managers massive buy, our second biggest ever right (?)

It would be great if we could see 6 or 7 games straight of him starting but that isn’t happening. I think he has definitely improved greatly since his loan spells which is understandable as older and not as light weight, World Cup experience etc. I hope he smashes it on loan and comes back as a player for us.

I also hope Antony is sold next summer as I cannot stand him as a player. Incredibly one footed, brain dead decisions. Not a fan at all despite the occasional worldy.

Blood Mage

Genuinely think Pellistri offers us more than Antony right now. But because of the transfer fee we have to play him regardless to save face, it's so tedious.

RedUnited86

Hasn't Gravenberch done next to nothing at Bayern? And we think he's the answer to our problems?

ETH needs to cast his net a lot wider than those he's already familiar with, it's becoming a bit of a joke.