Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Xaviboy

Watch now, struggle get a Midfielder in and we will get hammered on Sunday by not having strong enough midfield.

Plastic Evra

Wow, and thank you to the Glazers and Shitward Woodward. Our great club is now reduced to signing clear targets on 1 year loan deals where a £25m-£30m sale is too much. It's equally depressing and pathetic our club is reduced this. Genuinely didn't think I'd see this in my lifetime but there you go.
PSG and Arsenal are also doing that song and dance if it's any consolation.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I like Mount as a player but it’s truly embarrassing that we spent 60+ million on him and are now running around trying to get deals on loan in the last 2 days. The lack of direction at this club is depressing

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
PSG and Arsenal are also doing that song and dance if it's any consolation.
Arsenal have spent over £200m this window no? And I think £500m ish in the last two summers?

PSG are bankrolled by Qatar and have managed to sell on some of their cast offs this window for good money. I don't think they're in the same position as us at all.

Baneofthegame

Can we not do a double option to buy? Would of thought with 70 million in sales we could afford another midfielder.

Giggsy13

I thought the financial year started and ended in July.

So it costs almost the same to buy Amrabat and what the feckin Glazers take out yearly in dividends.
They've put the Club in such a dire position that they recenlty haven't taken out any dividends at all.

Plastic Evra

Arsenal have spent over £200m this window no? And I think £500m ish in the last two summers?

PSG are bankrolled by Qatar and have managed to sell on some of their cast offs this window for good money. I don't think they're in the same position as us at all.
I mean they both did "loans" that are obviously deferred transfers for presumably FFP purposes.
Otherwise yes I agree United has finally reached the end of the rope and an age of leaner transfer budgets while the club is, hopefully, restructured management wise by new owners. Not unlike the period where Arsenal had to pay back the stadium.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How the feck are we the only club who seems to be held back by financial fecking fair play whilst everyone spends more? It’s a joke!
Simple really. We have wasted money for years and can’t get players out of the door like other clubs.

SirScholes

I like Mount as a player but it’s truly embarrassing that we spent 60+ million on him and are now running around trying to get deals on loan in the last 2 days. The lack of direction at this club is depressing
The club had a direction
Maguire isn’t wanting to leave and no one is bidding for mctom

Dazzmondo

Hope we don't hear any more snarky comments when people express concern at us overpaying on players. We're at the point where we can't even compete with Nottingham Forest due to our sustained reckless and incompetent spending. While our lack of sales is a big problem, it's still not the only problem despite what many make out.

So many people here were insisting the fees spent on Mount and Hojlund were fine, when they clearly weren't. We're the 3rd top spenders in the PL this season even though we've only signed 3 players, including one who had only 1 year left on his contract. That's without factoring in our lack of sales. Only Chelsea and Arsenal spent more (and Arsenal only spent slightly more).

Good players can still obviously be signed for £35m and less, but the club seems incapable of looking at these more realistic options and instead just wants to bring us closer and closer to the financial limits we were clearly already struggling with last January.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If we are genuinely THAT hard up, why the actual feck did we blow all our cash on Onana and Mount when it was clear from last season what we needed. DDG would have sufficed for another year, and then become no.2. Not sure what Mount is about. We shouldn’t have let Atalanta pull our pants down for Hojlund and we should have absolutely been on it with sales. Pathetic. It’s oh so frustrating.

NLunited

Obviously you’re a LVG fan so I will leave it with you. He destroyed football for me to the point where football under Mourinho was almost a blessing. Eugh. Was not suited to English football
Not succeeding at MU does not equal being terrible at coaching. He is certainly not a dinosaur as he has proved at the Dutch NT recently.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Paying the 2m on the drip with a break clause :lol:

BrightHouse FC

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

How is it 35m? I thought they accepted 17m from Nottingham.

It was widely reported all summer that his valuation was around the 25m mark. Where is this 35m valuation coming from

prateik

I am loving this.. proper dick move :lol:

I also like how a tweet says he is valued at 35m despite them accepting a 20m bid from Forest.

NLunited

If we are genuinely THAT hard up, why the actual feck did we blow all our cash on Onana and Mount when it was clear from last season what we needed. DDG would have sufficed for another year, and then become no.2. Not sure what Mount is about. We shouldn’t have let Atalanta pull our pants down for Hojlund and we should have absolutely been on it with sales. Pathetic. It’s oh so frustrating.
I think we realized just in time that overpaying DeGea for another year would be a mistake. Onana was relatively cheap.

Any decent midfielder would have cost a big fee and we are paying the homegrown/English tax for Mount. A pressing/progressing midfielder with legs is what we needed most.

Hojlund? We’ll see, he was the most realistic target financially. Let’s see him in action.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I am loving this.. proper dick move :lol:

I also like how a tweet says he is valued at 35m despite them accepting a 20m bid from Forest.
How is it 35m? I thought they accepted 17m from Nottingham.

It was widely reported all summer that his valuation was around the 25m mark. Where is this 35m valuation coming from
The info about his lower valuations are coming from Alfredo Pedullà, who's hit or miss when it comes to details like these. Pedullà's likely getting his info from intermediaries or Amrabat's agents, whilst the reliable Athletic journalists are likely getting their info from people who are close to the clubs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well he's not valued at €35 at all, is he? Or did they not accept a £17m from Forest?
That's from a not so reliable source. There's a good chance that it was just a verbal exchange involving intermediaries rather than a formal agreement between the clubs. If the latter was the case, then we'd be seeing way more news on this from the reliable English journalists.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He won several league titles, maybe you should inject some objectivity in your views of him.
Not in the PL he didn’t. He physically put me to sleep watching United matches for the first time ever. Our goals dried up. Wingers were afraid to run into space but terrified that they were moving out of position. Terrible choice for United.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I haven’t paid attention for how long Doku was followed but in Nunes situation it went immediately after the first refusal. I can’t remember more than one or two transfers which took many weeks or months. In our case it is a standard way to take up to months, although, we did fasten up certain transfers but still most transfers are a summer saga. From seeing Fabrizio’s “Here we go” until last day deadline when the transfer gets cancelled due to non-sense reason. At least we got our major transfers at the beginning of the summer but now we’re pretty dumped if we don’t get any quality backup.
The Nunes bids only came about after the Paquetta betting situation was exposed, it's going to look like a fast thing because the whole situation has come about with 2 weeks left in the window. The whole thing has probably been over a month for them.

Besides our issue has been widely reported as needing to move players on before bringing them in, that's been the real problem.

Superden

It's only been a few weeks since we were linked with rice and caicedo for 100mill plus. What a crock of poo that was.

NLunited

Not in the PL he didn’t. He physically put me to sleep watching United matches for the first time ever. Our goals dried up. Wingers were afraid to run into space but terrified that they were moving out of position. Terrible choice for United.
In hindsight I absolutely agree with you. When he signed everyone was excited, but the team never got going under him.

I think Mourinho was far worse though, the Europa League run in particular.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Years of rubbish transfer dealings, ins and outs, has finally caught up with us.