Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2 is very very generous.
He got one thing wrong regarding Amrabat. He's been on the right track with almost everything else, though. His more provocative Tweets & articles shouldn't mean that he should be demoted down to Jamie Jackson or Chris Wheeler levels of unreliability.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why do people keep quoting tweets with that fecking piece of shit in them? He's feck all to do with our club...and tbh....admin/mods need to remove its name from the site altogether. Sort it out.
Until the transfer window closes, he still officially has a contract with the club, and United can get a fee/salary relief for his departure. The moment the transfer window closes, expect Greenwood to become a free agent sooner than later.

Red Rash

Why do people keep quoting tweets with that fecking piece of shit in them? He's feck all to do with our club...and tbh....admin/mods need to remove its name from the site altogether. Sort it out.
Bit of an overreaction. He's still under contract with us. It's fair enough to update on his status until he is gone.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's still a United player. Updates on him are relevant until he officially leaves the club.

klayton88

Another report with nothing in it from Luckhurst, I would demote him to tier 3 after this window.
Agreed. He's been woeful for years. Never has anybody said so much without actually saying anything.

Baxquux

Club are such idiots - yet another chance to get very decent money out of another club (Fulham) desperate for reinforcements, improve our FFP status significantly, and they choose to cling onto the clogger...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Club are such idiots - yet another chance to get very decent money out of another club (Fulham) desperate for reinforcements, improve our FFP status significantly, and they choose to cling onto the clogger...
The Tweet indicates that McTominay himself isn't keen on going to Fulham, hence the "no deal on player side". I don't see how the club's at fault here.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What are you banging on about

Kag

I teach ten year olds who could comprehend that tweet better than you just have.

Baxquux

I teach ten year olds who could comprehend that tweet better than you just have.
I teach undergraduates literature and mcc - who cares. I'm on my phone, not checking the tweet but going off previous reports regarding the club's stance on the Fulham deal and generally regarding Scott - why are you people so defensive...

Kag

I teach undergraduates literature and mcc - who cares. I'm on my phone, not checking the tweet but going off previous reports regarding the club's stance on the Fulham deal and generally regarding Scott - why are you people so defensive...
You’re chatting shite and folk have called you out for it. Nobody is being defensive.

Dannn411

Mctominay understands the gravy train he's on at Manchester United. I too would not want to leave in that situation if I was as bad as he was.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It’s not defensive, it’s being realistic.

Like with Maguire, you can’t force someone to leave.

Paul778

Mctominay understands the gravy train he's on at Manchester United. I too would not want to leave in that situation if I was as bad as he was.
The interesting thing is that McTominay could still come good. With all the changes with personnel this season and playing style it's possible he will become a useful member of the squad. I don't believe he will, mind you, but it is possible.

Maguire just has none of the raw materials to make it ever. Sigh. Thank you Edward.

MonkeysMagic

Fulham probably offered £15m for McTom and wages of £25K/wk...I mean it wouldn't be the first time we've been low-balled by a club! I'm sure they'd happily parted with twice that for youth player from Etihad because you know 'the promising' vibe.

Baxquux

Embarrassing
If social media was a legitimate arbiter of value, rather than opinions clashing into each other then, maybe yeah. But for now I'll chat shit and vent, you'll do similar - likewise posters above - and on it goes...

My point is simply that our current set-up is uniquely bad for a club of this scale, let alone prestige, when it comes to deciding who needs to leave and on what conditions, then in moving them out - specifics of a single news report are barely relevant to that.

lysglimt

Scout
Imo - Højlund, Mount, Onana, Amrabat, Bayindir and Reguilon on loan - is quite good for a net spend of £150 million when you consider which players we have lost. On paper we are much stronger than last season, we just need to start showing it on the pitch.