Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

roy'skeen

We have signed a keeper, striker and midfielder for not far off 200m. We have loads of players on high salaries that nobody else is interested in. We do not have infinite resources and need to comply with financial regulations. I don't know what people expect besides perhaps having purchased different players.

ArbeitervonWien

Welcome back Jonny! Never understood why he was sold in the first place. He's never been a Ferdinand or Vidic but a classy defender nonetheless. We certainly didn't have a better CB until Varane/Martinez.

Apart from the nostalgia it's still a transfer I wouldn't turn my nose up. One of our starting CBs is so injury prone and one of his back-ups is a Maguire, for whom I can barley imagine a way to rehabilitation at this point. So while missing large parts of last season himself, I think it could prove valuable at some point in the season to have another vastly experienced CB at our hands. He still has been a regular for Leicester last season when fit.

lsd

The Oracle
He's obviously on a wind up but it would be funny if the higher-ups actually thought this had been a good window.

Ten Hag wanted Mount,Hojlund and Onana he got them so that's a success for him.

I have little doubt we will also get Amrabit as well but getting what the boss asked for is somehow a joke to you.

United fans can be so spoilt

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I know it's a bit unfashionable, but how is it not a successful window? We've shipped out a load of players people didn't want to be here and brought in some top players (I think Amrabaat will happen).

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Apart from Anana, this has been one of, if not the most underwhelming transfer windows of the decade. The players you listed could easily be signing for a mid-lower table PL club.
We've tried the approach to buying galacticos for years and overspending and it hasn't worked.
Let's give the new approach a chance and see if Ten Hag can develop average players just like Pep or Klopp.

Widow

Amrabat to ManchesterUnited: it's done! 10 million loan, option for MUFC to take it by May at 20 million plus 5 bonus

Born2Lose

I know it's a bit unfashionable, but how is it not a successful window? We've shipped out a load of players people didn't want to be here and brought in some top players (I think Amrabaat will happen).
Agree with this, the only one I think is questionable at the moment considering the hole the club seems to be in financially is spending big on Mount, especially with him out of contract next season. Hope he proves he's worth the fee.

I think it's been a good one in terms of outgoings, hopefully Bailly and DvDB will be gone come midnight too.

saivet

I think from the club's aspirations it was definitely a good summer. The only thing they probably wished went better was offloading a few more players.

Whether you think we prioritised the right areas is another question but the club have largely achieved what they wanted to.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Agree with this, the only one I think is questionable at the moment considering the hole the club seems to be in financially is spending big on Mount, especially with him out of contract next season. Hope he proves he's worth the fee.
Yeah, it's a fair criticism from the outside, but from their side - they got their man at a good price.
I think from the club's aspirations it was definitely a good summer. The only thing they probably wished went better was offloading a few more players.

Whether you think we prioritised the right areas is another question but the club have largely achieved what they wanted to.
Exactly, Maguire is a disappointment, but not a great deal more they could have done.

Tarrou

I’ve said it before but this is eerily similar to Mourinho’s last few months.
An absolute shambles of a transfer window and then poor performances kick in.
How long before people start turning on EtH when the results start going downhill.
Mourinho's last few months were utter chaos with a lot of in-fighting and discontent in the club

It's nothing like that for me

we've had a few dodgy performances at the start of the season, winning two out of three games... its not comparable in my book

I'm backing ETH to turn things around just like he did at the start of last season

James35

Quite an expensive loan and buy option but if he's shite, at least he won't be our problem.
People on here were valuing McTominay £15m more so for me that is a good price. We could have probably got him €25-30m if we had cash now. So potential €35m total is not too bad.

And if he totally flops it’s not a huge waste of money as we can send him packing. Although I think he will be very good for us and the type of player we have been crying out for.

ZupZup

We have no idea how many clubs are in for him.

If Lazio get a 100m for free, United have to agree to that. Not sure why they’d put up a fight if we included a 30% sell on and risk fecking up the deal. If he never manages to fulfill his potential, so what, if he does they might be selling a “reformed grown man” for 100m in just 36 months and making 70m off the deal.

Not at all sure why’d they’d drag their feet, feels like a more than fecking fair deal :lol:
But you don’t know that there are other clubs queuing to sign him either! What we know about the situation so far suggests there are not. All the news sources say Lazio have been offered him which means his agents and the club are touting him about. Then you have the fact that we are supposedly saying he can go for free. Nothing we have heard so far suggests clubs are fighting over signing him.

Widow

30m euros not pounds. So more like 25m pounds.
No, it's €10 loan fee, €20 option with €5 add-on so € 35 total = £30 million as reported by multiple sources. I guess we can debate the add-on but I was talking about what he could cost max would still be a good price. It doesn't really matter, a great signing nonetheless... hopefully.

peridigm

We've tried the approach to buying galacticos for years and overspending and it hasn't worked.
Let's give the new approach a chance and see if Ten Hag can develop average players just like Pep or Klopp.
I'm with you on this. My comment was knee jerk.