Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Stranger things have happened in the last few years, at this point nothing would surprise me if Newcastle play hard ball
They can if they want. Then we’ll either go to Plan B or he’ll quit and we’ll pay compensation.

If Ratcliffe wants him, he’ll try to minimize payment but at the end of the day, £3m, £6m, he’ll just pay it.

Everything we’ve done for over a decade was down to stupidity or wanting to be Billy Big Bollocks. The Glazers would feck this deal up to show how strong they are OR offer £20m with no negotiation.That’s gone, everything now will be sensible, financially sound decisions with strong diligence done. It won’t involve CAS, if he wants him, it’s just down to what x is in £xm comp…. then he’ll move onto the next thing.

A year to get the pieces in place and up and running, two to be working well. Then the actions of these individuals will save/make us loads more than any comp

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

They can if they want. Then we’ll either go to Plan B or he’ll quit and we’ll pay compensation.

If Ratcliffe wants him, he’ll try to minimize payment but at the end of the day, £3m, £6m, he’ll just pay it.

Everything we’ve done for over a decade was down to stupidity or wanting to be Billy Big Bollocks. The Glazers would feck this deal up to show how strong they are OR offer £20m with no negotiation.That’s gone, everything now will be sensible, financially sound decisions with strong diligence done. It won’t involve CAS, if he wants him, it’s just down to what x is in £xm comp…. then he’ll move onto the next thing.

A year to get the pieces in place and up and running, two to be working well. Then the actions of these individuals will save/make us loads more than any comp
People are forgetting Ashworth already has a relationship with Brailsford and SJR, if they need to do a no compete for x amount of months then I imagine Ashworth will be on speed dial

diarm

If Ashworth and our lads want him, he’ll bin Chelsea off. If he goes there they won’t have been trying too hard for him.

Von Mistelroum

If Ashworth and our lads want him, he’ll bin Chelsea off. If he goes there they won’t have been trying too hard for him.
I suspect it's more complicated than that. If Chelsea offer him a more senior role, then he might decide to go there rather than take the risk on United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pretty sure we're going for Willcox as Head of Recruitment instead of Jewell.

lysglimt

Scout
Pretty sure we're going for Willcox as Head of Recruitment instead of Jewell.
Wilcox as a footballer actually had a lot in common with Lee Sharpe

Both born in 1971
Both played close to 10 years as a winger before
Both joined Leeds for about £4 m
Both struggled with injuries which shortened their career
Both of them had the same playing style - pacy, traditional wingers with superb crossing
Both had a goal record of close to 1 goal pr 9 games for Blackburn and United respectively (Wilcox 1 in 8,74 games and Sharpe with 1 in 9.19 games)
Both of them were mostly ignored by England despite being keyplayers in league-winning sides, Sharpe got 1 cap - Wilcox 3.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wilcox as a footballer actually had a lot in common with Lee Sharpe

Both born in 1971
Both played close to 10 years as a winger before
Both joined Leeds for about £4 m
Both struggled with injuries which shortened their career
Both of them had the same playing style - pacy, traditional wingers with superb crossing
Both had a goal record of close to 1 goal pr 9 games for Blackburn and United respectively (Wilcox 1 in 8,74 games and Sharpe with 1 in 9.19 games)
Both of them were mostly ignored by England despite being keyplayers in league-winning sides, Sharpe got 1 cap - Wilcox 3.
Lee Sharpe would be more appreciated in the modern game. Could play multiple roles, quick, good in the air, good finisher.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Man United are interested in Mathys Tel, as Florian Plettenberg first reported. Tel's advisor Camara told BILD Sport [on Tel's first-team prospects]: "We will see very soon, but I am confident. But if not, we have to consider all options"
Tier 2:

Last edited:

SirScholes

He was not comfortable on the ball, and not claiming crosses. Onana is excellent at the first and better at the second thing.
I’d say equally bad at the second and I’d rather my keeper had a good save % than passing ability

Withnail

I’d say equally bad at the second and I’d rather my keeper had a good save % than passing ability
Yes he pulled off the odd worldie but De Gea wasn't all that actually great at the save % or performance against PSxG in his last season and had been deteriorating year on year for some time. He also invited serious pressure as he can't pass out from the back to save his life. The nerves running the team any time we tried it, everyone was pressing us/him in the build-up in a way they don't bother so much with anymore.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:

Tier 2:
  • Unfortunately, neither Matt Law nor Mike McGrath reported on who the Juve player is.
  • The United link is based on Ashworth's interest in the player during his time at Newcastle United.