Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

dave2528

Is that all? Feckin hell, talk about throwing money away
Crazy how much a player's value plummets when they earn top dollar while simultaneously downing tools, or sexually assaulting their partner.

But, yeah, we overpaid for a ton of garbage and now we're stuck cleaning up the mess the Glazer's created.

Foolsgold21

Can’t post the link but - article in the Times saying Casemiro is a big target for Saudi clubs in the summer.

If we can recoup most of the fee for him then we should absolutely take the money and run.

G-manc

I'm sorry, but we should definitely get well more than 50million for them all. If we fail to do that, then our issue of not being to sell well persists.

We should see at least 70million for all of them. Sancho, for all his issues, is still worth >£35million minimum.
I was under the impression we’d have to get at least £50 for Sancho just to break even due to his wages and length of contract.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can’t post the link but - article in the Times saying Casemiro is a big target for Saudi clubs in the summer.

If we can recoup most of the fee for him then we should absolutely take the money and run.
Have the Saudi clubs spent big on transfer fees? It’s the wages that are out of proportion.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I was under the impression we’d have to get at least £50 for Sancho just to break even due to his wages and length of contract.
Sancho was signed for £73M on a 5 year contract. Assuming that fee was amortised equally over those 5 years, means we're paying £14.6M per year. Next year, he'll only have 2 years remaining so if we sell him, £29.2M is the amount we'll need to break even.
I would happily accept £30M to get his £350k a week wage stealing arse off our books.

lex talionis

Sancho was signed for £73M on a 5 year contract. Assuming that fee was amortised equally over those 5 years, means we're paying £14.6M per year. Next year, he'll only have 2 years remaining so if we sell him, £29.2M is the amount we'll need to break even.
I would happily accept £30M to get his £350k a week wage stealing arse off our books.
Same here. Doubtful we'll find any club willing to stump up 30m and commit to 350/week in wages for two seasons for a flop. If it were one poor half season or even full season, that can be overlooked but at the end of this season it will be three full seasons of dire performances.

A predicament.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If we kept him we'd be committing to amortizing £14.6M next year, so the breakeven (excluding the impact of wages) is actually net of that: £14.6M rather than £29.2M.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
If we kept him we'd be committing to amortizing £14.6M next year, so the breakeven (excluding the impact of wages) is actually net of that: £14.6M rather than £29.2M.
The scenario I presented is if we sell him, in which case the outstanding balance of £29.2M becomes due immediately, but there's no wage cost. However, If we keep him, then you're right, it's just £14.6M amortised but you also have to include the wage cost of £18.2M, making a total cost of £32.8M.

adamwest

We signed those 4 players for a combined £127.8m so only £78m down the drain. Woodie wasn’t kidding when he said we can do things in the transfer market other clubs can’t. Turns out we could also do things other clubs won’t (because they are well run).
Hope the INEOS boys get hold of this situation quickly!
He was a massive tit for saying that at the time and it’s only been made 10x worse on reflection given what’s followed. This numpty can’t be forgotten for his part in this mess.

Juicy Juiced

Sancho is damaged goods plus on big wages. Who will take gamble on him? 30m is good price.
Beek, who would pay anything for him?
We should take L and move from them. And start giving reasonable wages for the first signed contracts.
We need to have multiple targets for every position, so when one ask for stupid money you just tell them to feck off and move on the next player.
Imho, I would sell everyone on high wages and start new culture where we wouldn't pay more than 100k in wages for new players like Anthony, Sancho, Beek ect... So when they flop its easier to move them.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You all do know the tweet said raise at least £50m..

That doesn’t mean 50m. It means that’s the very bottom end.
Yes, I saw that but that shouldn’t even be the minimum. Like I said Sancho should be fetching that alone and even then it’s a £25m hit.
It’s not good enough and we need to do better, in scouting, recruitment, player welfare and selling. We’re like Dortmund in reverse at present. Buy a promising young player for way over book value and sell at a huge loss.

binary bot
Surprised at how many are still enthusiastic about transfers and are keen to dive straight back into the market as soon as possible.

I’ll be more impressed if the club show some restraint and sign of long term planning.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Surprised at how many are still enthusiastic about transfers and are keen to dive straight back into the market as soon as possible.

I’ll be more impressed if the club show some restraint and sign of long term planning.
We could have long term planning in the transfers we make. That's what I'm optimistic for anyway.

I'm hoping to avoid the Mount type of transfers even more than the Antony type of transfer in the future. Getting it wrong about a players potential is one thing, but signing someone with no role in the side you're building is criminal.

If we show that we're being astute in our signings I'll be happy. That could be a few 40-50m players with a lot of outgoings and I'd be on board with it.

Withnail

We can't just not buy the players. The squad needs serious work.

acolyte

What's the alternative? Keeping faith in Wan-Bissaka, Antony, and backup striker 404 Not Found?

roseguy64

We could have long term planning in the transfers we make. That's what I'm optimistic for anyway.

I'm hoping to avoid the Mount type of transfers even more than the Antony type of transfer in the future. Getting it wrong about a players potential is one thing, but signing someone with no role in the side you're building is criminal.

If we show that we're being astute in our signings I'll be happy. That could be a few 40-50m players with a lot of outgoings and I'd be on board with it.
That's not true of Mount. His role was clearly what McTominay has been doing most of the season. He's just been injured so not been able to do it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That's not true of Mount. His role was clearly what McTominay has been doing most of the season. He's just been injured so not been able to do it.
But the plan was Mainoo as Ten Hag has stated himself. If we wanted a player to perform the same role Mainoo is now, then that player wasn't ever Mount.

K Stand Knut

Yeah right, 80 to 100mil for Rashford alone, Greenwood minimum 50mil and Sancho, for a bag of Doritos.
I’ll happily have an online bet of your choice that we don’t get £80m for Rashford!

Possibly an as absolute maximum but no chance it is the minimum fee.

As a football fan, I’d be upset to pay more than £50m for him. He’s not very good.

Woziak

He probably is until their man is available
I think their talking to their man already or certain agents have been put on standby to allow their clients to be interviewed in May/June should ETH not qualify for CL ?