Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

We need both, we can't have just one 6 in the squad. With Casemiro going as well we need 2 new midfielders or Amrabat and a top 6.
I get that but I was saying I’d rather us sign 1 quality DM to start with before splashing 25m on Amrabat which could leave us short for an actual upgrade in midfield. It should be 1 CB, 1 DM and 1 ST and then if we have any money left or whatever we make from sales then we can start looking at the depth.

That’s ETH staying then. Good. Now let’s get some good players and update the living daylights out of every facility and department and take stock again in a few months. I think this team will surprise people if we can somehow get a few good results to start us off next season. We are always in instant crisis mode. Let’s not do that again this year

I’d be surprised if the injuries don’t ease up a bit once Ten Hag moves on. A season long injury crisis points to a training issue not back luck. Whether that’s his fault or the medical department it’s impossible to know completely, but he’s alluded to upping their physicality on a few occasions and it makes me think he’s over working them.
Is there any way to see the injury stats at his previous clubs? Is this a common thing with him or could it be our medical set up too. Be interesting to see

Is there any way to see the injury stats at his previous clubs? Is this a common thing with him or could it be our medical set up too. Be interesting to see
I don’t think there’s ever been issues before, but he has mentioned the Premier League requires more physicality so it’s possible he’s upped the intensity this season. I also think his tactics are a contributor, there’s no rest defence and at times looks exhausting, we’re constantly up and down the pitch.

You won't get a straight up offer of £40 million for Sancho from any club abroad.

Excellent news. Was worried he'd be selected.
Are you in favour of Ten Hag staying, or you'd rather another candidate?

While Tuchel was not ideal, he was probably the only person I could live with if we were to get rid of Ten Hag. I don't really like him but he has pedigree. The other options are depressing for me, so if it's between the linked options and Ten Hag, then I'm sticking with Ten Hag all day.

Are you in favour of Ten Hag staying, or you'd rather another candidate?

While Tuchel was not ideal, he was probably the only person I could live with if we were to get rid of Ten Hag. I don't really like him but he has pedigree. The other options are depressing for me, so if it's between the linked options and Ten Hag, then I'm sticking with Ten Hag all day.
Yes pretty much similar to you, only difference is Tuchel would be bottom of the pile for me, even below ten Hag

Tuchel would be asking to get more drama around the manager position. A light version of Mourinho, where you’re basicly waiting for the shit to hit the fan. Not my cup of tea.

it's got to be Poch now, i can't take Southgate or Potter

One minute Tuchel is face to face with the Jimmy Brexit explaning hia grand plan to revive our dud. The Nnxt minute he is taking a break and we are selling the dud. :lol:

No one knows anything.

And Ten Hag is staying. This is all nonsense leading to a contact extension for him. Make peace with it. We have decided to forego another season.

One minute Tuchel is face to face with the Jimmy Brexit explaning hia grand plan to revive our dud. The Nnxt minute he is taking a break and we are selling the dud. :lol:

No one knows anything.

And Ten Hag is staying. This is all nonsense leading to a contact extension for him. Make peace with it. We have decided to forego another season.
Yup. Already made peace with it and written next season off. To fire a manager, especially someone that had done as badly as Ten Hag did last season, is a straightforward decision. The moment they didn't fire him in the first week after the season ended, it was basically a foregone conclusion in my mind that they plan to keep him in.

Yup. Already made peace with it and written next season off. To fire a manager, especially someone that had done as badly as Ten Hag did last season, is a straightforward decision. The moment they didn't fire him in the first week after the season ended, it was basically a foregone conclusion in my mind that they plan to keep him in.
We've won a trophy in both of ETH's seasons so far. Are you meaning you're writing off our chances of winning one next season under him, or just one of those who don't care about winning trophies if it's not the PL or CL?

Shame about Tuchel, think he’d do well here.

Yeah, this looks more like United aren't considering Tuchel anymore rather than the other way around. Ignore the opinionated approach to the Tweet/article:

We've won a trophy in both of ETH's seasons so far. Are you meaning you're writing off our chances of winning one next season under him, or just one of those who don't care about winning trophies if it's not the PL or CL?
We finished 8th in the PL, dead last in the CL and were outplayed by just about every team we faced after spending £200m in the summer. That's what I care about.

We finished 8th in the PL, dead last in the CL and were outplayed by just about every team we faced after spending £200m in the summer. That's what I care about.
Do you care if we win the FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League next season? I did ask in the last post, but you answered something else. Though I'm guessing from your response that the answer seems to be 'no'?

Do you care if we win the FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League next season? I did ask in the last post, but you answered something else. Though I'm guessing from your response that the answer seems to be 'no'?
If we win the Europa League, we're in the CL so I care about that. The extent to which I care about the other two depends on how the rest of our season goes.

What happens if the other contenders say no too...like with bayern. Wonder if that's why sacking ETH is taking so long..

I'd argue the opposite. The part-owner is meeting with manager targets, hardly an endorsement of the current manager.

Yeah but we may have to keep him for now as the shortlist of candidates is shrinking quickly

They needed to sort the manager situation yesterday! Makes you think if anyone else was due talks? Hopefully they just publically back ETH now and we can sort some transfers!

They needed to sort the manager situation yesterday! Makes you think if anyone else was due talks? Hopefully they just publically back ETH now and we can sort some transfers!

Yeah you wonder will more meetings leak out