Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

It's good someone is confident - I doubt many fans are

I am. I think it's very clear what type of players we need in the squad given the type of football we want to play and the injury history of some of our players. The current consensus is:

#1 Pacy, tall, aggressive RCB to partner Martinez.

#2 DM to round out the Mainoo, Bruno midfield.

#3 Starting LB. More of a Shaw or Walker type than an out and out wing back.

#4 CF rotation for Hojlund

Anything else on top for depth and rotation is a bonus.

We have reasonable links to each position so I assume transfer conversations started already.

"Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite is among those being monitored by United, with the Merseyside club valuing the defender at a minimum £60m."

Signing Branthwaite for £60m or more would be the antithesis of a well executed window, there are option available for less without the PL/Young English premium.

I am. I think it's very clear what type of players we need in the squad given the type of football we want to play and the injury history of some of our players. The current consensus is:

#1 Pacy, tall, aggressive RCB to partner Martinez.

#2 DM to round out the Mainoo, Bruno midfield.

#3 Starting LB. More of a Shaw or Walker type than an out and out wing back.

#4 CF rotation for Hojlund

Anything else on top for depth and rotation is a bonus.

We have reasonable links to each position so I assume transfer conversations started already.
I would add a starting rw, if Olise is available he should definitely be a priority signing.

I would add a starting rw, if Olise is available he should definitely be a priority signing.

Yeah I'm in camp Olise but was anticipating the objections if I added his name in there. I really think he's the key to unlocking our attack and getting Hojlund some service and we should even prioritize him over some other positions (maybe roll the dice on Shaw / Malacia for a year).

Signing Branthwaite for £60m or more would be the antithesis of a well executed window, there are option available for less without the PL/Young English premium.

Couldn't agree more. Not to mention we need a RCB to partner Martinez. Our interest in him has baffled me since day one.

Yeah I'm in camp Olise but was anticipating the objections if I added his name in there. I really think he's the key to unlocking our attack and getting Hojlund some service and we should even prioritize him over some other positions (maybe roll the dice on Shaw / Malacia for a year).

The problem is apparently hinges on selling Sancho

Tier 2:

As reported last week, Jhon Jáder Durán (20) has a good chance of leaving Aston Villa, with Chelsea being the strongest option, as Nathan Gissing reported in January.

Man Utd, Fulham, AC Milan and Atlético de Madrid, among others, have also made enquiries.

Last edited:
Hard to see anything but another underwhelming summer for us. Plus to quote Fergie there genuinely is no value in the market at the moment, well apart from Guirassy at Stuttgart maybe.

Hard to see anything but another underwhelming summer for us. Plus to quote Fergie there genuinely is no value in the market at the moment, well apart from Guirassy at Stuttgart maybe.

I hope you're wrong. I think when people heard ineos taking over we were excited by not making headline grabbing crazy signings and actually signing talented well sourced players like the likes of palace and Brighton have been doing.

So it depends, certainly with the manager shambles, if ineos don't pull any rabbits from the hat regarding transfers, I'll have very early doubts about them

A ball is yet to be kicked in the Euro’s - yet the summer is already a write off :lol:

I can't see us buying two CFs this window as much as we need them.
I’d buy one and then buy a creative winger. We definitely need a creative winger. We thought Sancho was going to be that. We always have 2 wingers that like cutting in and shooting. We need some creativity from out wide. That’s why I really want us to sign Olise

Absolutely. I’d rather any of the 2 from sporting Lisbon. Or the young lad from Lille.

I’d buy one and then buy a creative winger. We definitely need a creative winger. We thought Sancho was going to be that. We always have 2 wingers that like cutting in and shooting. We need some creativity from out wide. That’s why I really want us to sign Olise

Yeah those are my thoughts too. We definitely need something different.

Not very inspiring, Toney is probably the best one out of them. Fee and wages will obviously be major factors.

Yeah would be interested to see what the clubs priority order is. Personally mine would be

Toney
Zirkzee
David

Like you say it would definitely depend on the transfer fee and wage demands. Yes I know Toney had a poor season due to his suspension (self inflicted I know) and hasn't done much since returning in January. However call me deluded but think that player who was MOTM at Etihad before World Cup is still in there.

Juventus want Greenwood and are ready to offer €30m for him.. Manchester United want €50m.
The player has already given his ok to the transfer

Why are we so daft???

Admittedly it has all been media talk but how do we go from guaranteed to be sacking him irrelevant of the cup final result to giving him a new contract.

Such weird decisions at times. Keep him. Discuss a new contract at Christmas when we’ve seen how he is getting on

Now we have to absolutely nail the transfer window to prevent next season from being a disaster and Southgate being appointed United manager in January.