Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Yeah, this looks more like United aren't considering Tuchel anymore rather than the other way around. Ignore the opinionated approach to the Tweet/article:

Poor ETH? Nah, that not it.

If you're sad that your employers aren't entirely satisfied with your performance, then don't finish 8th. If you're sad then don't get pumped 3 nil at home by Bournemouth, or finish last in a your Champions League group.

If you're sad about it then F off and go manage in Holland again where people might be more nice.

Its actually "poor United fans" for getting in a new group to run things but so far they look just as unorganized as the last bunch of twats.

If you're sad that your employers aren't entirely satisfied with your performance, then don't finish 8th. If you're sad then don't get pumped 3 nil at home by Bournemouth, or finish last in a your Champions League group.

If you're sad about it then F off and go manage in Holland again where people might be more nice.

Its actually "poor United fans" for getting in a new group to run things but so far they look just as unorganized as the last bunch of twats.

What he said.

Regardless of how you want to dress it, interviewing candidates whilst the current manager is on holiday is really poor and unprofessional.

Okay so if a manager gets pumped 3-0 they should be sacked?

We are going to be covering about 150k a week of his wages wherever he ends up, if not more
My point is they can pay him 200-250k without breaking their wage structure and he could be interested in joining them taking a paycut. I guess it really depends on how much he wants to play vs how much he cares about that extra 100-150k.

Some rage, tell me why they don't just sack him first then?

Haha you're leaving out a bit of context there, no?

There is a difference between deserve to be sacked and disrespecting someone.

I dont think many even Ten Hag iners would have said much if he got sacked, most people understand this season has been terrible.

The issue is not about whether he should be sacked or not, its the manner how he has been treated.

Also, this is a new board, you have to come in with authority and show you mean business, INEOS are not.

There is a difference between deserve to be sacked and disrespecting someone.

I dont think many even Ten Hag iners would have said much if he got sacked, most people understand this season has been terrible.

The issue is not about whether he should be sacked or not, its the manner how he has been treated.

Also, this is a new board, you have to come in with authority and show you mean business, INEOS are not.
Exactly. A guy that’s ended our 6 year trophy wait with 2 back to back trophies does not deserve to be treated like this. No matter what you think of him.

Do you have details of how Erik has been treated?

Same applies to the INEOS observation.

Are you involved with the club?

Would appreciate if you could share?

The fact that we are in mid june and our new owners havent even manage to decide if ETH should stay on as manager or not, should answer the first question

The fact that we are in mid june and our new owners havent even manage to decide if ETH should stay on as manager or not, should answer the first question
surely better for Ten Haf they're considering keeping him? since every other manager who by the way haven't had as much leeway already considering Ole and Jose were sacked Mid season, Van Gaal had a better league campaign and was sacked pretty much in the 89th minute of the FA Cup final he also won.

this idea hes being horribly treated irks me. We served up the shittest most inept football i've EVER seen united play this year, he's lucky to be in the job this fecking long

It doesn’t.

You don’t know what they’ve decided, or discussed with Erik.

You’re speculating

surely better for Ten Haf they're considering keeping him? since every other manager who by the way haven't had as much leeway already considering Ole and Jose were sacked Mid season, Van Gaal had a better league campaign and was sacked pretty much in the 89th minute of the FA Cup final he also won.

this idea hes being horribly treated irks me. We served up the shittest most inept football i've EVER seen united play this year, he's lucky to be in the job this fecking long
I agree with all of this. If he is sad about the way he's been treated then he he can leave. And preferably he would take Antony with him.

That is not the issue - if he had been sacked within 3-4 days of the fa cup final - he couldn't have complained. But it's been weeks - he deserves to know. It's shambolic.

That is not the issue - if he had been sacked within 3-4 days of the fa cup final - he couldn't have complained. But it's been weeks - he deserves to know. It's shambolic.
Sir Jim made a statement during one of his first interviews that they (Ineos) would rather walk to the right solution than run to the wrong one. I think everyone missed this.

People are also ignoring the fact that Ineos's football structure has not been in place because of all the hires being on gardening leave.

Thirdly, no one knows what's been agreed and discussed with ETH and what hasn't. For all we know, he may have been told that they are taking a fresh look and considering the best candidate for the role, of which, he's also in consideration.
Unlike others roles where the people occupying them previously where deemed not be best in class and immediately sacked, he's been given the benefit of doubt, enough to still be considered an option, even after the shocking season he's had and the fact that his fingerprints are all over the poor transfers we've made over the past two years.

One thing I know is that ETH has been quick to chuck the previous management under the bus for most of the issues going on. He's been saying to anyone that'll listen that injuries and the previous leadership team's structure being a mess were the problem.
He's been here for two years yet we cannot see what style of football he's trying to play and had some shocking results and performances, yet tthat's all the previous leadership teams fault.

Of course I'm not saying this is fact, iit's just another way to look at things.
All that being said, if Ineos hires Southgate then all bets are off for me haha.

No but I can see whats happening...

They have not given him any assurances, he said it himself post FA cup, SJR has refused to even speak about him, didn't acknowledge the manager at all post FA cup, giving credit to players and staff.

Its been 2.5 week post FA cup and they still dont know what they are doing with him. I hope that this is now how you want your employer or would want to treat your employee.

I am not involved with the club.

No but I can see whats happening...

They have not given him any assurances, he said it himself post FA cup, SJR has refused to even speak about him, didn't acknowledge the manager at all post FA cup, giving credit to players and staff.

Its been 2.5 week post FA cup and they still dont know what they are doing with him. I hope that this is now how you want your employer or would want to treat your employee.

I am not involved with the club.
Does ETH not count as part of the staff?

"Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite is among those being monitored by United, with the Merseyside club valuing the defender at a minimum £60m."