Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Nah Demichelis was a solid defender, proven he can play at the top level. He knows the game and can read the play.

Mangal is a timebomb waiting to happen, kind of like Jones, but to a greater extent. Plus he cost £42m.
For a club that had two of our best defenders in the last 10 years in Evra and Vidic struggle initially in English football, we sure do love writing of players from other clubs ...yes he struggled..but his shown clear signs of improvement, and has plenty of time on his side.

Just like people were doing writing city completely off just a few weeks ago, its more of wishful thinking really
I

izec

They actually managed to get him for less than the clause as well then :(
It is a shame man, i know a lot of people dont want him now that we look decent at the back, but in June/July people would go crazy if we werent in for him at 28m. Anyway, i think we missed a trick here, think he would have been terrific for us. He is also decent on the ball.

onemanarmy

Otamendi, Sterling, and I see them getting De Bruyne as well. Very decent signings for City. Favorites for the title imo, if they keep Aguero fit.

I do have the same feeling as a lot of people on here have. Van Gaal and Woody trying to snatch up players like Ramos, Muller... while there are some decent, cheaper alternatives available. Lots of young strikers like Dybala and Vietto were available, we didn't seem interested in them, although we let Van Persie and Falcao leave the club. Di Maria left as well, and while I'm happy we bought Depay, he isn't at the level yet, we need to compete for the title. He needs time to adjust to the speed and intensity of the EPL. Severe lack of creativity at the moment, and Rooney completely out of shape. Midfield is sorted, and I'm not too worried about our back four.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Nah Demichelis was a solid defender, proven he can play at the top level. He knows the game and can read the play.

Mangal is a timebomb waiting to happen, kind of like Jones, but to a greater extent. Plus he cost £42m.
Yet Demichelis was widely mocked on here and people only too willing to jump on the media bandwagon that portrayed him as slow, clueless and inept. I have faith in Mangala's ability to reverse the negative perception of him.

izec

Valencia still haven't paid City for Negredo, that's a factor.
Good point, but in the end we dont know exactly if that played a role or not. There were rumours about Mangala too and that would also play a role with the Negredo thing, which were rubbish in the end.

I also think that they would have sold him to us for less than the buyout clause, just because he clearly doesnt want to play for them and they would take something near it.

izec

Can't make my mind up on Berahinho though I think there's talent there. I certainly think he is the 'type' of striker who we need; quick, good movement and runs in behind.
I would take him. 2 weeks to go and not many good strikers left. Kane and Müller are the only other ones we are getting linked with, i dont see any of them happening.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Young, english, quick, great potential, and wouldn't cost a bomb. Happily take him. If it didn't work out, could easily sell him for a reasonable sum anyway.
I can't say I've watched much of him. Is he better than Welbeck?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Young, english, quick, great potential, and wouldn't cost a bomb. Happily take him. If it didn't work out, could easily sell him for a reasonable sum anyway.
United fan as well. They're supposedly asking for £25m though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Would also stop the cnut scoring against us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Surely the muppet Woody isn't going to sit back and let the noisy neighbours out do us.

GBBQ

See the problem there is that you've just described James Wilson. I'd be more inclined to give him a go as the backup striker. I think we need to go bigger, Rooney is looking lost at the moment and if we want to complete at the top we need an out and out goalscorer who can guarantee us 20+ goals a season.

Judas

Open to offers
See the problem there is that you've just described James Wilson. I'd be more inclined to give him a go as the backup striker. I think we need to go bigger, Rooney is looking lost at the moment and if we want to complete at the top we need an out and out goalscorer who can guarantee us 20+ goals a season.
Although I see your point, difference is Berahino is already Premier League proven, and has shown he can do it and at a less established team too.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Just let Ramos know what I thought of him. Hope google translate got it all right and it makes sense.

GBBQ

Although I see your point, difference is Berahino is already Premier League proven, and has shown he can do it and at a less established team too.
In fairness yes he is a step up from Wilson at this point in time but I don't think he's sufficiently better to push Rooney for a first team place.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Anyone follow mack the knife on twitter? Supposedly posts on red issue forum and is saying he's heard we're gonna move for Laporte.

Judas

Open to offers
Anyone follow mack the knife on twitter? Supposedly posts on red issue forum and is saying he's heard we're gonna move for Laporte.
Isn't he just saying he'd like us to go for him and its purely speculation by him and he doesn't think we're actually in for him but wishes we were? That's how I read it.

Loon

:lol:
For all the talk of us NOT being used to get players improved contracts, Ramos is the supreme example of exactly that. The sloppiest bit of gamesmanship ends in a win for Madrid and Ramos.

United have really got to learn to stop being taken for fools and getting led by their dicks into these situations.

Mainoldo

For all the talk of us NOT being used to get players improved contracts, Ramos is the supreme example of exactly that. The sloppiest bit of gamesmanship ends in a win for Madrid and Ramos.

United have really got to learn to stop being taken for fools and getting led by their dicks into these situations.
De Gea still here.

FujiVice

United did nothing more than test Madrid in how bad they wanted De Gea. There was never a hint of us ever wanting Ramos until this whole De Gea bullshit started.

Status
Not open for further replies.