Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This trend of saying "we should be all over this" or "we should have been all over that" is beginning to grate on me.

Also, I prefer defenders who can actually defend.
Dont really give a shit as to what ticks you off and what doesnt. He is 22. He can and will improve. He has potential. Hence spending 30-35m EUROS isnt a bad deal.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Do you reckon Aleix Vidal will come back strongly from his injury? He seemed to improve a lot before his long term absence if memory serves. When is he scheduled to come back? Semedo and Vidal could be two great options at right-back
I never liked his acquisition either as I saw him, like Turan, an election ploy signing. That being said, he was a mixed bag - better than Sergi Roberto in some aspects (Mostly in attack) but a particularly poor defender. I like his character and how hard he works but he's not Barca level at RB, for me. At best, he's a serviceable backup for us.

Valverde expects a lot defensively so we'll see how that impacts both Semedo & Vidal but the Catalan doesn't seem to have the requisite instincts of a defender. Like Bellerin, I get the impression he relies too much on his pace to bail him out of gambling for an interception or tackle. Neither seem to anticipate well enough while Semedo actually seems to be better in that department

Also, Vidal is already back as he was back for the Copa Del Rey Final - only two absences from first training today, Rafinha & Deulofeu

Last edited:

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Dont really give a shit as to what ticks you off and what doesnt. He is 22. He can and will improve. He has potential. Hence spending 30-35m EUROS isnt a bad deal.
I wasn't having a go at you about it, just highlighting how it's become the most overused phrase in this thread.

He might be able to improve defensively but from what I've seen of him he needs to do an awful lot of improving before he can become a reliable player at a big club. Great going forward though.

United Pro

I think most Benfica fans would concur that he is an important cog in the team. Roberto was never a longterm solution but goes to show the versatility of La Masia products, he did terrific

Fee at this point is a bonus whatever it is because it surely will be less than Walker or Bellerin
Yes he definitely won't cost as much as either of those. But, I guess there's a charm with have a former La Masia product in Bellerin back at the club over a foreign signing. Do you reckon Roberto will be moved back into midfield next season or be a utility player like Blind is here?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Yes he definitely won't cost as much as either of those. But, I guess there's a charm with have a former La Masia product in Bellerin back at the club over a foreign signing. Do you reckon Roberto will be moved back into midfield next season or be a utility player like Blind is here?

I think we'll see Valverde move him around a bit, even playing in a double pivot with Busquets - he showed against PSG & RM that he should be on the pitch

Dazzmondo

If that is the case, we should have got him instead of Lindelof. Would have been perfect next to Bailly. He's also vastly experienced too.
It sounds like there's an implied agreement for Juve to get de Sciglio as part of the deal similar to the Lukaku and Rooney deals

Gasolin

If that is the case, we should have got him instead of Lindelof. Would have been perfect next to Bailly. He's also vastly experienced too.
It's true in a market between 2 Italian teams.
Whenever a team like United will get involved, the price will go up.
It's all very subjective so...

United Pro

I think we'll see Valverde move him around a bit, even playing in a double pivot with Busquets - he showed against PSG & RM that he should be on the pitch
One of Gomes, Dennis Suarez, Rafinha or Samper leaving then? You seem to have way too many midfielders.

prtk0811

Now That semendo is gone, It makes more and more sense to target Fabinho and go all out for him. While Blind can full fill the dier role in cdm.

Silas

We haven't been linked to many other right-backs apart from Aurier and Fabinho. If we do sign one this summer, it'll surely be one of those two.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surprised to see so many people seem to rate Semedo that highly. From what I've seen he doesn't come close to Valencia. I was in the stadium when Benfica lost to Dortmund and he was horrible. Even Schmelzer made him look stupid on more than one occasion. Maybe I have just seen his bad matches...

Reactions: Sultan

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Guess Rangnick wasn´t kidding, when he said and I paraphrase: It was a great season, you all have a nice summer, and tell your agents to go feck themselves, nobody is getting sold. :lol: