Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think midfield is a big concern although fairly certain changes await before end of August
Out of curiosity, how highly do you rate Rakitic? Have a few mates who think he's world class, I don't see it at all tbh. Would you consider him to be world class?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Am I completely blanking on someone obvious here or do you guys only have Luke Shaw for you LB? I see you guys constantly calling for a RB, but isn't the need far greater at LB since Mou doesn't fancy Shaw?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
yes, best midfield player in the Bundesliga outside of Bayern and wouldnt look out of place there if you ask me. He is still young, but the potential is huge.
better than weigl?

Summit

Am I completely blanking on someone obvious here or do you guys only have Luke Shaw for you LB? I see you guys constantly calling for a RB, but isn't the need far greater at LB since Mou doesn't fancy Shaw?
Blind can play there too.

Along with Darmien

el3mel

Darmian, Blind and Young can do the job.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Darmian, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Young but has mostly been Darmian and Shaw.

izec

better than weigl?
different players, he is box to box. Like comparing Carrick to Keane, even though Keane is better, but you know what i mean. Havent seen much of Weigl this season too.

Good thing though he stays, would improve them massively in midfield, where they have problems.

Summit

different players, he is box to box. Like comparing Carrick to Keane, even though Keane is better, but you know what i mean. Havent seen much of Weigl this season too.

Good thing though he stays, would improve them massively in midfield, where they have problems.
Both are midfielders though aren't they? You said the best midfielder in Germany outside of Munich, so I was just conforming what you meant.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't think we should be buying full backs at all. Shaw can still come good and Mitchell is quite promising I think. Blind and Darmian if we keep him can fill in there also. CBJ needs a move, either loan or permanent.

At RB, we have Valencia, with Young and Darmian as backups. There's also Riley, who I still like and can play either side but needs a loan, and Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe can play there. Neither look like major problems and Shaw's talent is far too good for him not to deserve a shot.

The squad looks weakest on the wings to me. I do like the idea of Fabinho for midfield too personally but not desperate, we could go with Blind/Carrick/TFM/Tuanzebe or even Herrera for the anchoring role.

I see why we are looking at Perisic, but would prefer more of a goalscorer and also would prefer a right-sided player. Ousmane Dembele would be great but doesn't look gettable.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Out of curiosity, how highly do you rate Rakitic? Have a few mates who think he's world class, I don't see it at all tbh. Would you consider him to be world class?
I think some of the best movement and goals have often involved him but his strengths do not involve breaking lines. He suffered this past year without Alves, for sure

I like him and love his competitiveness but I've been spoiled & prefer a more technical profile in midfield despite Rakitic being an elite player

izec

Both are midfielders though aren't they? You said the best midfielder in Germany outside of Munich, so I was just conforming what you meant.
Yeah, i meant more pure central midfielders, not number 6, so didnt think about Weigl, but your point stands. They are on the same level i would say, but he suits Klopp's tactics to a tee. We shouldnt look no further if we want to add another central midfielder next season to Herrera/Pogba.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Blind can play there too.

Along with Darmien
Darmian, Blind and Young can do the job.
Darmian, Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Young but has mostly been Darmian and Shaw.
I mean, these are all average players. I would've thought José would be desperate for an upgrade there. I can't for instance imagine you lining up against Real Madrid or Bayern with Ashley Young at LB like you did last season. At least Valencia has played in those sorts of games.

prtk0811

He could have way bigger pastures than liverpool. I am surprized Barcelona aint going all out on him when they seriousy need midfeild behind MSN after veratti is no more going, and them having no chance with herrera.

prtk0811

I mean, these are all average players. I would've thought José would be desperate for an upgrade there. I can't for instance imagine you lining up against Real Madrid or Bayern with Ashley Young at LB like you did last season. At least Valencia has played in those sorts of games.
Mourinho and united still belive in shaw and giving him one more chance, Might be intrested in Celtic LB too as a back up but who knows. Also the reason Mourinho is targetting pereisic would be he would add more balance on the left and take off burden off shaw.

prtk0811

I think some of the best movement and goals have often involved him but his strengths do not involve breaking lines. He suffered this past year without Alves, for sure

I like him and love his competitiveness but I've been spoiled & prefer a more technical profile in midfield despite Rakitic being an elite player
Why aint barcelona after keita?

GwilDor

Well, some people seem to think the idea of getting Perisic is to use him and Valencia as WB's. Dunno how realistic that is though...