Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

VivaJanuzaj

We paid £36m upfront with 3 add-on clause each worth £7.2m each making it potentially rise as high as £57.6m.

2 clauses pertain to easy achievements like Martial scoring 25 goals in the next 4 seasons, this one has already kicked in. So we paid £43.2m

The other easy clause that I don't think kicked in yet but will happen soon is that he needs to get 25 caps for the french national team in the next 4 years.

The other is that he wins the Ballon-d'or before 2019 which is not going to happen I think.

So when discussing the transfer fee off Martial the fairest amount is £50.4m
So he costs around a Kyle Walker? That seems like solid business from us

crossy1686

career ending
We'd look like the biggest pussies if we accepted the Perisic deal. Sooner or later, we'd bend over to Real Madrid and sell De Gea for a bag of peanuts.

Next "target" on the list please.
I wouldn't be surprised if our two other transfers are players who already play in the premier league. I know Ashley Young hasn't exactly set the world on fire but he's been a solid servant over the years, and we signed him at a time when there 'wasn't any value in the market'. I don't exactly know how good Perisic is but I'd rather us look for someone who's proven in the PL if we're going to splash that kind of cash.

Last edited:

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Liverpool will go in again for RB Leipzig star Naby Keita after having an initial £57million approach rejected, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The Guinea international has informed his agent he’d like to move to Anfield and Liverpool hope a bid of around £65million could be enough to get the deal done.

Adnandos

Chelsea won the league and plummetted then won the league again with essentially the same squad. I wouldnt be concerned about our signings seemingly not progressing the team, basically every forward player on our team underperformed last year, Ibra included based on how many chances he got. If we improve as a team, which Mourinho teams often do drastically in the second year, then we'll be fine.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really liking what's happening at Milan. Serie A had become ridiculous, Juventus can't just be winning the league uncontested every year.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Really liking what's happening at Milan. Serie A had become ridiculous, Juventus can't just be winning the league uncontested every year.
Yeah I'm really routing for them too although I've heard they're not as well off as they seem. I hope they can sustain this.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
yeah agree about Renato Sanches, if hes available on loan with an option to buy then we should be all over it. Would be a great squad player at the very least, and who knows he might be better suited to the premier league.

Nick7

If it was us it would be 50m euro full transfer, no loan option
3m more expensive WOW OMG WE'RE GETTING FLEECED. These posts are getting aggravating. Stop believing the shite the media throw at you and then complaining about it.

Saf94

3m more expensive WOW OMG WE'RE GETTING FLEECED. These posts are getting aggravating. Stop believing the shite the media throw at you and then complaining about it.
AC Milan have an option to buy, it's a very good deal, they don't have to purchase him if he's crap. When we start getting deals like that I'll stop complaining but we never ever get such a good and safe deal

Nick7

AC Milan have an option to buy, it's a very good deal, they don't have to purchase him if he's crap. When we start getting deals like that I'll stop complaining but we never ever get such a good and safe deal
A) we don't want him. B) if we wanted him we wouldn't want to loan him.