Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Saf94

Haven't watched Aurier at all, so no clue how he is, etc. Isn't he a RB?
We have Valencia (yes he can't play every week) and TFM, who is capable in my opinion, to rotate. LB we're quite short of quality - Blind and Darmian are decent, but not that good and only way to rely on them is if you mix them up into one player. Shaw as talented he is, needs to step up and deliver on consistent basis. Yes we are piled up Olin the LB, but piled up with quantity rather quality. RB seems like a position we could be looking to upgrade in the near future as we probably have other more important areas to improve.

So... what's your take on that "on the verge" deal? Why are we going for another RB, when it seems that we are covered there.
Aurier on his day is one of the best right backs in the world, our only width on the right wing comes from our right back so that position is extremely important to the balance and shape of our team. Having a right back who is extremely effective and a danger going forward would be huge for us. No doubt Valencia is brilliant but it's not like it's impossible for him to be upgraded upon, if Aurier is available (for a decent price too) signing him would improve our first team and would offer us a lot in attack

VanGaalEra

Says Griezmann clause for this summer is 200M, before dropping back to 100M from January.

Quizierda

No way this kind of deal would happen in January in my opinion!
He wouldn't be allowed to play CL football, would need time to settle and I highly doubt that we spend 100m on a player in January.

IF he comes it will be next summer - however, I highly doubt that as well.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He wouldn't be allowed to play CL football, would need time to settle and I highly doubt that we spend 100m on a player in January.

Depends. I reckon we might try to get it done in January to ward of other suitors. I can see us signing him in Jan but staying there on loan until the summer.

Bojan11

Depends. I reckon we might try to get it done in January to ward of other suitors. I can see us signing him in Jan but staying there on loan until the summer.
Loan a 100m signing?

Von Mistelroum

Unless he's not playing for AM in Europe

RC89

I've never understood this bit if it relates to a player the club specifically wants. Waiting in Summer helps how? You still don't have him for CL whether you sign him or not. If you do sign him however, you at least get him for everything else. Only real considerations should be if you're having to pay more due to mid season sale and like you say, the time it requires to settle in etc.

pacifictheme

Says Griezmann clause for this summer is 200M, before dropping back to 100M from January.
Imagine the meltdown when we give perisic the number 7 shirt.

I think if greizmann came it would be the end for a player or two.

I get the impression jose is looking at 352 like this...

Ddg
Lindelof bailly Third cb
Valencia (aurier?) Matic pogba herrera perisic
Lukaku miki

Griezmann fits nicely into that as a classic second striker. Not a lot of room in that team for mata (at all), rashford, lingard or martial, except off the bench.

Obviously with 433 or 4231 there would be more room, but still, aurier is an excellent attacking full back so could be deployed as rwb and everything i hear about perisic suggests lwb, which may be why jose wants him so bad. Hes not a glamour signing but maybe a great fit as a lwb due to his work rate?

littlepeasoup

Are they still lining up Costa to join in January, or is that not happening anymore? I've always thought we might sneakily sign Griezmann in January, especially if we're making a push in all competitions, and he probably wouldn't feel as beholden to stay when they're able to bring in players again.

Morpheus 7

Are they still lining up Costa to join in January, or is that not happening anymore? I've always thought we might sneakily sign Griezmann in January, especially if we're making a push in all competitions, and he probably wouldn't feel as beholden to stay when they're able to bring in players again.
He ain't coming in January, he'll be cup tied in the CL. He'll leave next summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well, both Moratta and Matic now sold.
Told you that the Lukaku deal doesn't in any way mean Chelsea won't sell us Matic.
Clubs deal in a professional way. Not like kids who won't offer their candies if you don't share yours with them. Strengthening a direct rival is the only reason Chelsea would have refused but given that Matic only wanted to join us means they had to sell to us.
As for moratta, he was always going to be sold this summer.
Fair enough. Seems bizzare that they sold Matic to us though. Almost illogical. Visit the shed end forum to see CFC fan view on it.

Pavl3n

Loan a 100m signing?
Why not? Surely his wages will be increased and we may have to pay whatever's on top of his current. But we have him, he stays in AM until the end of the season, they have their money (or we could pay it in instalments spreading from Jan to July), they have half a year to find a replacement, everyone is happy.

Von Mistelroum

This seems even more unlikely than us signing him in January.
Why wouldnt he??
Well presumably he's agreed to stay there to help out until their ban is up. If there's a change in the buyout in January then there might be a chance he'll leave then, otherwise might as well make it for next summer.

Perhaps he's agreed to stay and help them, but it's not impossible that part of that agreement was not to get cup-tied before a Jan move. Unlikely, but not impossible.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We're getting him in January
Would be a hell of a January signing but I can't see it, especially not with a World Cup in the summer too big a risk to change countries then

We've blatantly got first dibs next summer though

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Iv a feeling he is who Jose was referring to when he said he only wants players who want to come to the club.
Yes, we should avoid a Di Maria at any cost. Griezmann had his chance, didn't want to come, so move on.

pacifictheme

Yes, we should avoid a Di Maria at any cost. Griezmann had his chance, didn't want to come, so move on.
Not quite the same

Di maria wanted to move to psg but ended up with us. Wasn't shy of talking about it.

Greizmann didn't want to let his team down while thry had a transfer ban. Pretty admirable really. Even with his wage increase it will be less than we were going to pay him.

Very different situations.

Judas

Open to offers
The abuse Griezmann gets on here now makes me cringe, it's hilariously pathetic how much people can be sulky babies for not getting the toy they wanted. He made a very admirable decision to stay loyal to his team in a time of need.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Agree 100% on everything.
The media just want to make stories up, to get some clicks, so are trying to keep the AG to MUFC story alive. IMO, this story will keep resurfacing every season, for the next few years.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not quite the same

Di maria wanted to move to psg but ended up with us. Wasn't shy of talking about it.

Greizmann didn't want to let his team down while thry had a transfer ban. Pretty admirable really. Even with his wage increase it will be less than we were going to pay him.

Very different situations.
He used the name 'Manchester United' to increase his current wages. Why else would he mention our name publicly in a talk show?

He doesn't owe Atletico a thing. If they would find a better player, they'd bin him instantly.
I guess Griezmann knows it too, currently Barcelona are interested in him...

Anyway, different point of view. I'll stop here, don't want to derail this thread any further.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The abuse Griezmann gets on here now makes me cringe, it's hilariously pathetic how much people can be sulky babies for not getting the toy they wanted. He made a very admirable decision to stay loyal to his team in a time of need.
In that case, when Ramos used us to get a new contract extension, but stayed loyal to Madrid - that was also admirable, right?
AG used us to get a bigger contract...just as so many other footballers. He is no better or worse than the others.
The only thing which was admirable was the way he worked the whole situation. Very clever.