Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

lsd

The Oracle
Not quite the same

Di maria wanted to move to psg but ended up with us. Wasn't shy of talking about it.

Greizmann didn't want to let his team down while thry had a transfer ban. Pretty admirable really. Even with his wage increase it will be less than we were going to pay him.

Very different situations.

I don't agree with that if the player
wanted to come to us he would have.No player waits to see if his previous club have a good enough replacement before he leaves.

He didn't cause the ban it's not up to him to wait and see what Atletico do with his transfer fee .As far as I'm concerned he had his chance didn't want it so fk him

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
So bitter. The truth will be clear next summer, and you'll love Griezmann then.
You have no proof for your assessions either.

We all dont know why he didnt come here. Yours is just a different viewpoint. No need to call someone bitter for having a different opinion. I can easily see Griezmann going to Barca. It would simply be a natural progression too. Hes played in Spain his entire career too.

Stactix

The abuse Griezmann gets on here now makes me cringe, it's hilariously pathetic how much people can be sulky babies for not getting the toy they wanted. He made a very admirable decision to stay loyal to his team in a time of need.
Then fans have the audacity to complain that there's no loyalty in football..

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Lets hope Neymar's unveiling goes better than this:

That's interesting.
So A.Madrid are selling players.
Yet, Greizmann could not be sold due to transfer ban of incoming players.
Have AM sold any other players?

Nick7

That's interesting.
So A.Madrid are selling players.
Yet, Greizmann could not be sold due to transfer ban of incoming players.
Have AM sold any other players?
Griezmann could be sold. He just didn't want to because of the ban

Zaid1987

Fair enough. Seems bizzare that they sold Matic to us though. Almost illogical. Visit the shed end forum to see CFC fan view on it.
I think it has a lot to do with the club too. United or Arsenal would have left the decision on their managers. Whereas Chelsea may not have. So I understand where you are coming from.
Eager to see their fans' reaction.

ravi2

Having Messi and Suarez in a 4-3-3, they can't play both though, can they? So it would be one starting, another on the bench, Dembele starting more often imho.
Im not sure about that, the front 3 would be dembele-suarez-messi and coutinho would be the AM with Raktic and Sergi behind him. That would work a lot better if they replaced Rakitc with a B2B CM.

Robertd0803

Says Griezmann clause for this summer is 200M, before dropping back to 100M from January.
A yo-yo release clause. Sure.

Am I the only one annoyed by all these stupid photoshops of players wearing 2 jerseys with one merging to the other like the Neymar one a few tweets back?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They can go feck themselves with how them and Real treat other clubs when they wanted their players. PSG are atleast paying the release clause instead of starting a concerted campaign to tap up targets through their players and media like Barca did with Fabregas.

Trizy

What on earth? A clause they put into the contract gets activated and the big player leaves, and they're crying about it?:lol:
Because they're only finding out what it's like competing for players against an oil club. We've been doing it against 2 clubs for years..

Also feck Barcelona. Remember the whole Cesc transfer?

Varun

Staff
Gotta love the hypocrisy. They bought Neymar in a dodgy deal with shit loads being paid to his family on the side, they recently extended his contract giving another 50mil to his father and they're now shocked that he's fecking off for money and acting all enraged that a club dared take a player they wanted to keep :lol:

ovoxo

Also feck Barcelona. Remember the whole Cesc transfer?
Agreed, feck Barca. PSG are paying the release clause, what's the issue? They didn't care about Arsenal when they were tapping up Cesc.

GBBQ

I guarantee United, Madrid and Bayern will be all over this. if you look past the irony of Barca complaining about a player being signed they do have a legitimate point that this goes against the very nature of FFP.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Barcelona. :lol::lol::lol: The other top clubs want to keep out of this, because Barcelona have no qualms about targeting their players behind a clubs back. Let them suffer. They put this clause into the contract. The only people who can deal with this is UEFA and all they can do is actually deal with FFP properly and shut down all the loopholes and punish clubs properly for breaking the rules, not pick and chose who they want to punish.

BigCaine

Messi's quotes during mascherano transfer from liverpool “Javier won’t play for the club again, I can assure you of that. He is depressed. Liverpool must act humanely and let him go,”. Xavi during fabregas saga"I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go." But it is PSG who are the problem and are tapping up players.

midnightmare

I guarantee United, Madrid and Bayern will be all over this. if you look past the irony of Barca complaining about a player being signed they do have a legitimate point that this goes against the very nature of FFP.
Against the nature of FFP? How can you say that without knowing the financial structure? This is absolutely farcical. Barca made their own bed! If you insert a release clause, be prepared for someone to trigger it. End of.

devil in me

I didnt give a feck about this transfer to start with, but I now really hope it goes through. Barcelona are embarrassing.

GBBQ

Against the nature of FFP? How can you say that without knowing the financial structure? This is absolutely farcical. Barca made their own bed! If you insert a release clause, be prepared for someone to trigger it. End of.
Those clauses have always been made ridiculously high so that technically they are available (to comply with Spanish law) but no one ever triggers it. Now you have a club in Ligue 1 who is going to smash the transfer record by over twice what it currently is when clubs like United or Bayern couldn't get close to paying that figure.